LG Nexus compared to iPhone 5
With so much smoke, we can only conclude there must be fire - the LG Nexus is likely coming on October 29th. The device is known by many names: the LG E960 Mako, the LG Optimus Nexus and the LG Nexus 4 (it’s the fourth-generation Nexus).
So here’s what’s on this prototype. LG’s Nexus in its current version runs on Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean, but chances are it’d get an update to Android 4.2 just before its launch. There is a 4.7-inch screen with a resolution of 768 x 1280 pixels, a whopping quad-core 1.5GHz Qualcomm chip under the hood (hopefully an S4 Pro like on the Optimus G), and 2GB of RAM.
Internal storage is only 8GB and we’ve heard nothing about an expansion slot, and that would seem like a downer. The rear camera is an 8-megapixel one.
The folks who got the prototype promise a full overview of the phone very soon, so stay tuned, and in the meantime feel free to check out the pictures of the device. How do you like it?
LG Nexus pictures Fullscreen
More popular slideshows
LG G3 - 40 Tips & Tricks for LG's most powerful smartphone ever
25 Jul 2014, 01:36
iOS 7 release date and time are today (Sep 18), get ready to update!
18 Sep 2013, 04:00
5 Android L themes, launchers and icon packs to install while you wait
25 Jul 2014, 03:23
LG Nexus pictures
28. MeoCao (unregistered)
LOL, this is beautiful. Hopefully the specs will be top notch.
30. Berzerk000 (Posts: 3878; Member since: 26 Jun 2011)
Quad core S4 Pro, 2 GB RAM, and a 4.7" HD LCD IPS display (most likely). Seems top notch to me (:
33. MeoCao (unregistered)
We know that GNex screen was very poor despite being HD, so we have to wait and see.
40. rickywinataa (Posts: 262; Member since: 05 Apr 2012)
Gnex screen was samsung's first experience with 720P.
also, LG is a very good LCD manufacturer
66. Jimstar (Posts: 259; Member since: 24 Oct 2011)
What the hell? No it wasn't, reviewers by and large seemed to like that screen when it was new. I'm sure it gets slapped around by SLCD2 panels and newer HDAMOLED screens, but that's just what happens given enough time.
Can we stop flip flopping on screens for just a while?
35. TROLL (banned) (Posts: 4851; Member since: 13 Apr 2012)
That surely is, if only they had equipped the MPQ8064 or with the plus version, this would've been a big plus.
103. Berzerk000 (Posts: 3878; Member since: 26 Jun 2011)
You don't need an S4 Prime, Troll. I went over this with you already! The S4 Pro quad is plenty of power for 2 years at LEAST. And even if it wasn't enough (but it is), we all know you would just OC it to 1.8-2 GHz anyways.
113. remixfa (Posts: 13902; Member since: 19 Dec 2008)
The S4 quad will be stronger than everything but true A15 chips. Its a pretty hefty little chip thanks to the Adreno 320 GPU upgrade. Nothing to complain about.. even from me.
117. Berzerk000 (Posts: 3878; Member since: 26 Jun 2011)
Yeah, honestly the Exynos quad is all we need in terms of processing power for a good while, this S4 quad is a bit un-needed. Everyone needs to focus on cameras and battery capacity now. Not to say they should stop working on chips, but they should just have the next generation of chips ready for when mobile OS's get a bit too much to handle for the current chips.
The new chips coming out lately are just power-houses and don't need upgrading as often as previous ones did. When the A15's do eventually come to market next year, what will we do with them? They don't really offer any immediate benefits over current quad cores, except for maybe battery life. All they really do is guarantee support for longer.
But, by the time current devices with quad cores start being dropped on support, you would have probably had your eyes set on a new device anyways. Or you could just adopt towards rooting and get the latest version of Android any time you want.
120. TROLL (banned) (Posts: 4851; Member since: 13 Apr 2012)
But it's still a Snapdragon Remix, and it's still I believe E4412 is better...?
108. TROLL (banned) (Posts: 4851; Member since: 13 Apr 2012)
Why and who thumbed me down for this!
67. ayephoner (Posts: 836; Member since: 09 Jun 2009)
I really like the minimalistic design. It does look much like the gnex, but without the unneeded curve design and hideous camera bulge. I really like that its completely flat from head to toe. The back pattern is nice, but I think I'd prefer piano black. It seems like they are just using that to make it identifiable, which I understand, but I'm sure not thrilled about.
85. protozeloz (Posts: 5369; Member since: 16 Sep 2010)
plus is quite small! (see compared with iphone 5)
118. cretinick (Posts: 147; Member since: 25 Jan 2011)
I really HATE piano black!
In photos, I like this LG nexus back, more than the Galaxy Nexus. And I like the curved designs. But it's not a deal breaker...
I totaly want this LG Nexus... *_*
87. bluexperia (Posts: 40; Member since: 29 Sep 2012)
very top notch with its 8gb unexpandable storage... nice trolling lg... 'Life`s Good' with the 'big enough' 8gb.... hmmmmmmm
98. remixfa (Posts: 13902; Member since: 19 Dec 2008)
this isnt an officially announced device and specs yet. The likiness of it dropping official with 8gig internal and no SD card slot is pretty minimal. It will be 16/32.
104. Berzerk000 (Posts: 3878; Member since: 26 Jun 2011)
Exactly. I don't know why people are getting so pissy about 8 GB of memory on an unofficial test unit.
114. remixfa (Posts: 13902; Member since: 19 Dec 2008)
because they have no patience and cant tell rumor from fact. :)
61. -box- (Posts: 3712; Member since: 04 Jan 2012)
Whenever I see an iDevice next to pretty much anything else, I'm consistently reminded of just how toy-like it actually looks.
81. maxican16 (Posts: 363; Member since: 29 Sep 2011)
Haha. Still not sure how people use that puny screen.
96. Aeires (unregistered)
Grade school home button will do that.
79. bachelorrn0121 (Posts: 57; Member since: 13 Jul 2012)
because it is nexus brand.. i think google give some phone company to make a nexus.. first is samsung next is lg,, i think next is htc followed by sony..
102. Dragonov (Posts: 5; Member since: 11 Oct 2012)
htc was given the honor to make the first nexus device, the htc nexus one, then samsung got the next to with the one s and the galaxy nexus, now its lg (i really hope the rumors about multiple nexus devices are true tho)
127. bachelorrn0121 (Posts: 57; Member since: 13 Jul 2012)
thanks for reminding me.. so next is sony..
83. Daniel.95 (Posts: 61; Member since: 20 Sep 2012)
And back is looking like an upset or jaded man
129. picka_vi_materina (Posts: 159; Member since: 21 Nov 2011)
And the galaxy nexus front looks like the Nokia N900 :)
2. loken (Posts: 462; Member since: 09 May 2012)
Looks Galaxy Nexusy and Back looks Lgee ey , Not the best design in phones but best specs :) wonder what sony has up their sleeves!!
8. eisenbricher (Posts: 970; Member since: 09 Aug 2012)
Same here bro.. love the Sony's (and Nokia's) edgy design than the curvy corners other makers incorporate.
53. eisenbricher (Posts: 970; Member since: 09 Aug 2012)
lmao!! Good catch lol
BTW you both are Trolls, one by name other by pic xD
75. TROLL (banned) (Posts: 4851; Member since: 13 Apr 2012)
Yes I do, and the reason I bought the S3 was because of the specs, and Exynos CPU.
19. Mke5Mke (Posts: 18; Member since: 10 Oct 2012)
Have you guys checked out the LG OPTIMUS G? Better design and better specs..
121. Hemlocke (unregistered)
It's a great device EXCEPT for the camera, which has not turned out good quality pics, thus far.
31. doejon (Posts: 317; Member since: 31 Jul 2012)
im pretty shure that the galaxy nexus 2 will be better
34. Mke5Mke (Posts: 18; Member since: 10 Oct 2012)
And when is that coming out?
Samsung is the new Apple it seems.
42. doejon (Posts: 317; Member since: 31 Jul 2012)
nope no other company can be selfish like apple
and treat their consumers like stupid s**t
warentycase in europe
the lie that the iphone is the thinnest sphone in the world
58. sheik (Posts: 249; Member since: 12 Sep 2012)
I am not an apple evangelist, but you are wrong... Now iPhone 5 is the thinnest phone in the world.. I can prove that... But i think you might not accept that after reading your furious comment
63. VZWuser76 (Posts: 1200; Member since: 04 Mar 2010)
What about the one from Hawei? Don't know if I'm spelling that right, but after Cook said that, there were 2 phones found to be thinner than the I5. Not a furious comment, just a fact.
69. VZWuser76 (Posts: 1200; Member since: 04 Mar 2010)
Won't let me edit my above post. I found the article, it mentions phones from Huawei, Pantech, Fujitsu, & even 3 Droid Razr models being thinner than the I5. So it the thinnest iphone, not smartphone.
72. sheik (Posts: 249; Member since: 12 Sep 2012)
thats Huawei Ascend P1, thats 7.7 mm thick, iphone 5 is 7.6 mm thick. difference is almost unnoticeable. But still iPhone gets the medal.
122. Hemlocke (unregistered)
The Ascend P1 isn't thinner (It actually was rumored to be 6.7, but it shipped at 7.7), nor are the RAZRs. The Oppo Finder, however, is thinner (6.65mm), but you can't buy it anywhere but China.
64. -box- (Posts: 3712; Member since: 04 Jan 2012)
No, it isn't. It might be the thinnest phone (for total thickness, I believe there are a few that have thinner tapers or are thicker due to their camera modules) for sale through a major nationwide carrier in the US, but it sure isn't the thinnest in the world.
68. doejon (Posts: 317; Member since: 31 Jul 2012)
oppofinder 6,65 mm
motorola razer 7,1 mm
iphone 5 7,6 mm
what are u talking about?
73. sheik (Posts: 249; Member since: 12 Sep 2012)
the phones all you mentioned have a 1.1 cm bulge in their camera lens area... anyone can make such devices by making the device slimmer and letting the camera lens parts protruding outside abnormally. The real crux is making a device which is slim thoroughly without any "bulges". Thats what Tim Cook was talking about i surmise.
86. protozeloz (Posts: 5369; Member since: 16 Sep 2010)
oppo is till thinner :/
90. sheik (Posts: 249; Member since: 12 Sep 2012)
well, thanks for adding proof to my point... in the picture, unlike other phones, If you see the camera lens in the Oppo, it is poking out of the back cover, and if you go to engadget there you would find that the bump is thicker than 7.6 mm... ; )
109. riteshk (Posts: 6; Member since: 24 Mar 2012)
GT i9260 turned out to be the lame Galaxy Premier. No Nexus from Samsung this time - thank heavens!
112. remixfa (Posts: 13902; Member since: 19 Dec 2008)
no one said that there wasnt going to be a samsung nexus. rumor still pegs it at 4 nexus devices. if you want to count the N7, that makes 3 phones.. if they announce the N10, that makes 2 phones at least.
Samsung is much more secretive. LG needs and wants to make noise to drum up excitement. Samsung doesnt need to do that anymore.
116. riteshk (Posts: 6; Member since: 24 Mar 2012)
I don't think there's going to be one. The other Nexus phone, if any, might be the rumored 5" HTC device.
3. wendygarett (unregistered)
It looks kinda sexy...
But it doesnt change my mind to pick iphone 5 :P
16. TROLL (banned) (Posts: 4851; Member since: 13 Apr 2012)
Yea go Troll somewhere else Wendy. Back after a weeks vacation by PA. a Red from me.
49. wendygarett (unregistered)
I'm not troll... I'm just being honest... This nexus does look sexy...
15. zuckerboy (Posts: 898; Member since: 22 Dec 2011)
oh god you have mind ???? !!! WTF ! please go get your ip5 and stfu -__-