Heins: Strong BlackBerry Z10 sales will influence decision on what to do with the company
There have been conflicting stories abut how well the BlackBerry Z10 has been doing. Both U.K. and Canadian carriers and retailers have called the launch a success, while some investment analysts have said that the whole thing was a ruse with BlackBerry giving retailers a small number of units to sell to guarantee a sellout and to start a buzz. We should point out that many of the analysts who have called the sellout of the BlackBerry Z10 bogus, have been negative on the stock for months.
positive response" and is now ratcheting up supplies, increasing production capacity although he refused to say the amount that capacity was raised. He did say that a high proportion of BlackBerry Z10 units were being purchased by new BlackBerry buyers,coming over from the Apple iPhone and Android. You can't ask for better than that if you're Thorsten Heins.
Heins also added that BlackBerry World, which had 70,000 apps at the time the BlackBerry Z10 launched in the U.K., will have 100,000 apps by mid March when the device could launch in the U.S. The CEO said in the past that he expected BlackBerry to battle with Windows Phone over third place in the U.S. With that in mind, Heins said that Nokia's latest Windows Phone models were "not bad," but that they did not have a feature like BlackBerry Hub, and they did not have a way to separate the phone for work and play like BlackBerry Balance can.
source: FranfurterAllgemeine (translated) via eWeek
3. wendygarett (unregistered)
pftt, strong sales you say? Stop lying already heins
10. dr_fajardo12 (Posts: 107; Member since: 26 Aug 2012)
14. jacko1977 (Posts: 376; Member since: 11 Feb 2012)
you know apple is the biggest liers right just look at all the lies they told at there ijunk 5 announcement
5. XPERIA-KNIGHT (Posts: 2384; Member since: 08 Aug 2012)
great news! apps apps apps is really all they want bb :)
7. nikenturd (unregistered)
Sorry Heins...Backberry is already in the intensive care unit...three reasons why your business WILL die in the coming months
1. Nobody wants an outdated phone with few app selections
2. Nobody wants to pay at a premium price for outdated phone with very few app selections
3. Yeah..it is outdated, you pay more for less ....lol.....RIP BB (for good)
15. jacko1977 (Posts: 376; Member since: 11 Feb 2012)
you pay more for less yep that sounds like an iphone
8. Armor (Posts: 48; Member since: 06 Dec 2011)
Go Blackberry. IOs is tired and android is boring. Blackberry to the top again.
9. nikenturd (unregistered)
Are you a paid troll? yeah you must be....
13. apiskula (Posts: 360; Member since: 25 Jan 2013)
I have a decision for you right now. Close your doors your product sucks!
16. SamsungFan (Posts: 201; Member since: 16 Apr 2012)
Nobody wants a bb now, everyone is after android and ios