Broken phone signed by Rihanna fetches $66,500 on eBay
As it turned out, the person sitting next to Rihanna whose phone she broke, was L.A. Police Commission President Steve Soboroff. The law enforcement official decided to make the best out of the situation by having Rihanna sign the back of the phone. And then Soboroff did what any red-blooded person would do. He auctioned the phone on eBay.
The phone, which did work although it was sporting the cracked screen, sold for an incredible $66,500. Soboroff donated the entire amount to the LAPD Cadet program, and Rihanna even added an additional $25,000 of her own money. Overall, it was a great day for the LAPD.
Amazing how some ink can turn a $200 handset into such a valuable property.
Dropped smartphone is auctioned off for $66,500
5. Duketytz (Posts: 411; Member since: 28 Nov 2013)
If I were famous, I'll be signing stuff and selling them off!
19. appleDOESNT.com (Posts: 426; Member since: 19 Nov 2011)
"And then Soboroff did what any red-blooded person would do" NOT TRUE!... Most of us would of kept the scrilla not donated it
2. darkkjedii (Posts: 10568; Member since: 05 Feb 2011)
She is the definition of "smoking hot". Goodness gracious!!!
20. darkkjedii (Posts: 10568; Member since: 05 Feb 2011)
Me too, but it's kinda like apples to oranges, both are bomb.com.
15. PAPINYC (Posts: 2237; Member since: 30 Jul 2011)
That's where you are wrong and, sadly, for the first time ever, I agree with that transfer-wielding token-popping (and pooping) bus driver. Beyonsay is all stylist team and make-up; if you wanna know what she really looks like without the Max Factor paint job just look at her foot-stompin' JayCee-kickin' sister, Solangaaay. I'm not a huge Rihanna fan by any means but, the girl can rock anything!!
18. darkkjedii (Posts: 10568; Member since: 05 Feb 2011)
Beyoncé too bro. Love em both +1 T.Law, have you seen Beyonce's Partition video? Smooooooooooookin hot man. Wow!!!!!!
46. darkkjedii (Posts: 10568; Member since: 05 Feb 2011)
Having a wife doesn't make me blind. It makes me loyal to my wife.
47. Arte-8800 (limited) (Posts: 4054; Member since: 13 Mar 2014)
He actually goes around PA making everyone his best buddy
49. darkkjedii (Posts: 10568; Member since: 05 Feb 2011)
No, you're simply mad cuz you're a worthless troll, who's life is bothering people on PA. While I come here for fun, to kick it, and chat with people from around the globe. My best friend, never comes to this site, and swears by HTC. Your useless attempts to troll, have failed once again. You're sad dude, I'd hate to see what you actually look like in person, I can imagine based on this site being your life.
25. Arte-8800 (limited) (Posts: 4054; Member since: 13 Mar 2014)
Beyonce songs are better
35. NokiaFTW (Posts: 1900; Member since: 24 Oct 2012)
Her eyes are smokin' and I some how find her hair also very attractive!! WHATABOMB!
37. darkkjedii (Posts: 10568; Member since: 05 Feb 2011)
You have 20/20 bro. Lol, that chick that chick, that chick...
45. Sauce (unregistered)
3. ArtSim98 (Posts: 2527; Member since: 21 Dec 2012)
Whoa Rihanna is fugly as he*l! Looks like an alien lol.
7. T.Law (Posts: 143; Member since: 10 May 2014)
Too bad, having money doesn't make you smart.
8. peace247 (Posts: 79; Member since: 26 Apr 2014)
even her sh#i will sell for 1000s of $ on ebay
10. Xion. (Posts: 2; Member since: 17 May 2014)
"Amazing how some ink can turn a $200 handset into such a valuable property." Ahem... $200 headset? Last time I checked, it's around $800 for that junk.
12. smallworld (Posts: 436; Member since: 13 Jul 2012)
My god, people are so jealous on this site.
21. darkkjedii (Posts: 10568; Member since: 05 Feb 2011)
You can say that again, just plain haters. Rihanna is rich, beautiful, and talented. She'll have her haters. I friggin love her, nothing like a small shapely woman. That's why I keep my wife working out.
22. adwienc (Posts: 134; Member since: 26 Mar 2014)
Haha! Are You comedian? If not, You should
29. Arte-8800 (limited) (Posts: 4054; Member since: 13 Mar 2014)
As well as a smart classic flame war troll
Also he's a full grown man but with a mentality of kids
Camping outside with wife
38. CanYouSeeTheLight (Posts: 776; Member since: 05 Jul 2012)
Wait, you are calling him a "flame war troll" but you are the one dishing out lame attempts at dissing him? Nice try TROLL.
43. darkkjedii (Posts: 10568; Member since: 05 Feb 2011)
You notice that too? I'm just letting him shoot himself in the foot, talking all that trash, hoping to get a rise outta me. Maybe if he was Rihanna ;). He tries to poke and prod me every article, and gets frustrated that it doesn't work lol. Let him continue, this is his life bro. +1
30. The13thKing (banned) (Posts: 849; Member since: 26 Feb 2014)
about beauty and other things I won't complain, but people being plain stupid buying her broken phone for 66000$ is unbelievable. it seems like she can just sell packages of her sh*t for 2000$ on ebay and you'd still find people who'd buy it, sniff it, eat it. human beings.
33. Arte-8800 (limited) (Posts: 4054; Member since: 13 Mar 2014)
Lmfao there is a user in here who would, and we know who that is
31. Arte-8800 (limited) (Posts: 4054; Member since: 13 Mar 2014)
No one is jealous on this site
It's that she ain't got the oomph to touch people's heart with her scrap songs
52. Sauce (unregistered)
Thats why PA didn't post "iPhone" in the title. This thread would turn into mega hate even more. Lollolololol
14. seanwhat (Posts: 91; Member since: 11 Jul 2013)
what weirdo is buying a phone for that much just because someone else wrote on it?
16. PAPINYC (Posts: 2237; Member since: 30 Jul 2011)
I know that the article says, 'Dropped Smartphone' but how can we be sure that it wasn't a Chris Brown temper-tantrum (allegedly)????
26. joey_sfb (Posts: 2780; Member since: 29 Mar 2012)
Most of you guys are really soak in negativity. Rihanna is a talented singer and beauty is in the eyes of the beholder.
39. darkkjedii (Posts: 10568; Member since: 05 Feb 2011)
Agreed Joey. True, and correct words.
44. PermanentHiatus (Posts: 267; Member since: 22 Jun 2012)
Even that hat can't cover that huge forehead.
48. andynaija (Posts: 456; Member since: 08 Sep 2012)
This was news days ago and PA is just now publishing this?....
51. theo14461 (Posts: 158; Member since: 08 Oct 2009)
A fool and his money, are soon parted. People are so dumb.
56. networkdood (Posts: 6263; Member since: 31 Mar 2010)
Very wise and true - and, btw, awesome avatar pic...
53. sunnyfpy (Posts: 45; Member since: 12 May 2013)
Silly things people do to get attention! HaHa!
54. Seattletech (Posts: 29; Member since: 14 May 2014)
I have an old phone that was custom made by motorola and swarvoski VIP line that was made for Jennifer Lopez. Would be nice if i could fetch this amount. There are some crazy buyers out there
55. networkdood (Posts: 6263; Member since: 31 Mar 2010)
go for it - get that sucker on ebay...start the bidding at 1k...
59. Paximos (Posts: 56; Member since: 26 Jul 2012)
I wonder how much it would have been worth had she licked it???