Apple iPad event to be held October 22nd
6. AppleHateBoy (unregistered)
2. xplayer57 (Posts: 29; Member since: 24 Dec 2012)
Really APPLE ! Its the same day my result gets announced.........f**k this date........:@
3. darkkjedii (Posts: 12438; Member since: 05 Feb 2011)
Apple get ready to shut up and take her money. 32 gig white and gold, with cellular data. Daddy likey
4. Commentator (Posts: 2469; Member since: 16 Aug 2011)
Really wishing Apple would come through with a black-and-gold version. As it stands I'll be getting a space-gray Mini.
7. darkkjedii (Posts: 12438; Member since: 05 Feb 2011)
That color scheme would rock, but since I missed out in my gold 5S...I'm getting a gold mini. +1
21. Berzerk000 (Posts: 4104; Member since: 26 Jun 2011)
Maybe a black back plate, but the chamfered edge and metal ring around the Touch ID are gold. Very small accents, but it would give it a very nice appeal without looking gaudy. The leaked iPad mini's gold color looked a bit deeper and more rich than that of the 5S, I don't really like that, so it's either silver or space grey for me. I'm leaning towards the silver because Apple hasn't really done a great job of anodizing aluminum in the past and the color would chip off (at least for the first batches).
8. 1113douglas (Posts: 192; Member since: 04 Jul 2013)
wont come close to nexus 10 and Note 10.1 2014
18. GeekyGene (Posts: 88; Member since: 25 Aug 2013)
Close how? If by close you mean because the iPad far exceeds, then yeah. Not close to them at all.
22. Berzerk000 (Posts: 4104; Member since: 26 Jun 2011)
Exactly. Until Android gets more tablet app optimization, the iPad is king. It's all about the experience.
9. volcano (Posts: 267; Member since: 25 Jan 2013)
same date as Nokia world event in abu Dhabi and everyone expecting nokia tablet on that event
Apple Trolling Nokia
12. Chaseism (Posts: 82; Member since: 08 May 2013)
I'm kind of pumped about this one. The iPad 4 was kind of a cop out...too much like the iPad 3 than a newer version. Personally, I'm more existed about an iPad mini with Retina Display than the iPad 5.
27. good2great (Posts: 1040; Member since: 22 Feb 2012)
man i can't wait... got the 32GB version on my mind
14. pokedude750 (Posts: 28; Member since: 10 Aug 2012)
Ooooh... I wonder what Apple has up their sleeve's this time!
15. fanboy1974 (Posts: 1278; Member since: 12 Nov 2011)
I think the only question is retina iPad mini. And if so what price? If not it would look embarrassing to release the same resolution mini.
23. Berzerk000 (Posts: 4104; Member since: 26 Jun 2011)
They usually keep the same price point for new iPads. If I remember correctly, when the iPad 3 came out it was the same price as the iPad 2 was, despite the Retina display. I expect them to keep the same pattern with the mini.
16. Damo579 (Posts: 211; Member since: 18 May 2013)
I might get the new iPad mini for my wife if she likes it. I have a nexus 7 2013 and love it.
19. GeekyGene (Posts: 88; Member since: 25 Aug 2013)
My eyes on that new iPad Mini. Guaranteed a pre-order from me if its packing an A7 and higher resolution display! :) Also as a side note, thanks Apple for announcing the day before my birthday ^_^ last year they did it on the day hehe.
20. ilia1986 (unregistered)
Yet another oversized ipod touch lol.
28. slavytodorov (Posts: 33; Member since: 23 Jun 2012)
Is the iPad 5 going to be more expensive than its predecessor? I certainly hope not! :(