After 'Britecell', Samsung now trademarks ‘Duo Pixel’, leaves us hoping for the S7
1. AZNHA (unregistered)
coming soon , TRI PIXEL
8. Hexa-core (banned) (Posts: 2131; Member since: 11 Aug 2015)
Duo Pixel is different from HTC's Duo Camera and UltraPixel.
12. ibend (Posts: 3155; Member since: 30 Sep 2014)
then its combination of both? lol
whatever its, it must be good thing :P
5. Genza (Posts: 537; Member since: 12 Mar 2014)
Samsung BRITECELL use RWB pattern not RGBW.
It's really similar to Aptina (Now ON Semi) Clarity+ sensor back in 2013.
And this Duo Pixel also sounds similar to Canon Dual Pixel, i hope this new Duo Pixel is not "the same old tech" with different name.
9. Hexa-core (banned) (Posts: 2131; Member since: 11 Aug 2015)
that's your own point of view...
13. FluffyBled (Posts: 446; Member since: 10 Sep 2014)
And it's apparently different from yours!
They haven't done it much lately, but until 1 year ago they were too much into it!
7. Hallyu (Posts: 311; Member since: 21 Jul 2015)
Samsung knows that there is a time when to release the final product with benefit both to consumers and to the company. Samsung own made sensor will definitely cut down the cost of production resulting in lower price of smartphones for buyers.
14. gersont1000 (Posts: 274; Member since: 13 Mar 2012)
Reduction in cost of production? Yes. Lower price for buyers? I wish, but no.
11. DmitrLP (Posts: 182; Member since: 18 Sep 2015)
I´m so getting the S7 even if it doesn´t sports this dual pixel thingy