Acer Iconia B1 appears ready to make the trip to CES before getting shipped to India
The Acer Iconia B1 had briefly appeared on Acer's website until some wet blanket realized that it shouldn't have put up yet, and took it down. Still, the posting of the tablet did give us a chance to find out some of the specs. We are, of course, talking about a 7 inch display with resolution of 1024 x 600 and pixel density of 170ppi. Powering the device will be a dual-core 1.2GHz processor under the hood. 512MB of RAM is on board and there is 8GB of native storage that can be expanded using the microSD slot. Amid all of these uninspiring specs, Android 4.1 is pre-installed out of the box.
source: Acer, NDTV via AndroidCentral, UnwiredView
Acer Iconia B1
12. Nathan_ingx (Posts: 2999; Member since: 07 Mar 2012)
Sounds like you're buying stuff according to the number of cores, lol.
Usually the question is "How much?"...
17. deuel18 (Posts: 33; Member since: 28 Dec 2012)
better if its 4 cores..hey im also curious if they release a 3 core processor..isnt AMD will likely go to ARM and sweep across tablet processors?..i know its off the topic but i just wanna speculate ..anyone?
3. predator93 (Posts: 121; Member since: 28 Aug 2012)
Nexus 7 costs 16 GB used to cost 19000 INR (around 350 us dollars) at India so if this acer tablet is released in India for 8000 rupees it would be unfair to compare it with nexus 7. This tablet has pretty good specifications for its price atleast in India.
4. roscuthiii (Posts: 1785; Member since: 18 Jul 2010)
Now where have I seen that little corner, um, nook before???
5. ARITRA (Posts: 40; Member since: 07 Dec 2011)
ram should have been 1 gb many other companies providing that much ram..
6. vignesh_viggs (Posts: 34; Member since: 15 Jun 2012)
Alan F !! Mistake in the article ...!! Rs $ 7,999 ? Change it to RS ₹ 7,999 .!!!
13. Nathan_ingx (Posts: 2999; Member since: 07 Mar 2012)
That is roughly Rs. 434665.66....oops! :D
7. rickywinataa (Posts: 262; Member since: 05 Apr 2012)
would it really run on 512 mb ram ? even the system jellybean itself could take a lot of memory
15. jove39 (Posts: 1261; Member since: 18 Oct 2011)
How do you know jb takes lot of ram? cm10 runs just fine on my galaxy s.
10. dan86 (Posts: 298; Member since: 17 Mar 2012)
Good to have such low cost tab and if any variant comes with calling feature it would be a sure hit.
21. atsamman (Posts: 73; Member since: 26 Sep 2012)
this tablet sucks!!! old cpu very bad screen and don't get me started on the ram i wouldn't get it even if it was free
11. noim1 (Posts: 297; Member since: 15 May 2012)
512 ram is a no GO for me ....JB takes a lot of RAm....at least 350-400 mb of ram will b used up by system....1GB should be the minimum requirement these days ...