Reader's Digest app now available for iPad0
- Eight original videos and animations
- Excerpts from six new books
- Exclusive Reader’s Digest videos and slide shows
- All-new Word Power game calculates your score, then lets you reset the quiz to challenge friends
- The latest news and tips on health, travel, family, home, and money from ReadersDigest.com, updated hourly on the Daily Digest page
- Bonus cartoons from our archives and a daily RSS humor feed
- Ability to e-mail your favorite joke, funny true story, or quip to friends, right from the app
So, as you can see the Reader's Digest app is looking to add value to the app with video and games on top of the usual content. The trouble is that a subscription will cost you the same $14.99 per year whether you currently have a print subscription or not. Existing print subscribers will get 6 months free in the app, but after that you'll have to either pay $1.99 per month, or the full-year subscription fee. Many other publications have package deals for both print and digital, so it's odd to not see it here.
The Reader's Digest app is free in the App Store.
Install Reader's Digest (iTunes link)