Pandora launches Modes, a new feature for free and premium listeners
Using Pandora Modes, listeners will be able to switch from the classic Pandora station algorithm, currently called “My Station,” to one of five other preset modes that affect the types of songs that are played for each user.
- My Station: The classic station experience you know and love.
- Crowd Faves: You’ll hear the most thumbed-up songs by other listeners within that station
- Deep Cuts: You’ll go deeper into the catalog of that station artist/genre.
- Discovery: You’ll hear more artists who don’t usually play on that station.
- Newly Released: You’ll hear the newest releases from that station artist/genre.
- Artist Only: You’ll hear only songs by that station artist.
In order to take advantage of these Pandora Modes, you have to go to one of your favorite stations or create a new one, select “Now Playing,” and they should show up for that particular station beneath its name.
By default, the station will be switched to “My Station” mode, but you will be able to switch between all the modes mentioned above and stop to whichever suits your tastes. Keep in mind though the while the Pandora Modes are now available on the web, mobile users will only be able to use them in the coming months.