OnePlus 3 gets OxygenOS 3.5.2 community build, adds many new features
However, OnePlus will keep OxygenOS for global users and HydrogenOS will continue to be optimized for the China market, so there's no reason to panic if you have a global smartphone.
That being said, the Chinese company continues to release community builds, which are beta updates of its OS based on users feedback.
The latest smartphone to receive a community build is OnePlus 3, which is now getting OxygenOS 3.5.2. The new update brings quite a few changes, but some issues might still remain to be fixed in future versions, after all, this is just a beta.
So, here are the main bug fixes and improvements that OnePlus 3 users will be getting if they decide to install OxygenOS 3.5.2 community build:
- Added “kill all background processes” button in recents menu;
- Added long press options in messages application;
- Enhanced incoming call notification UI;
- Added manual “check for update” button;
- Added additional directions for first fingerprint configuration;
- Battery Saver mode optimizations and enhancements;
- Added back contacts widget in launcher;
- Improved dialer speed;
- New modes added in control panel (night mode and battery saver);
- Added support for PIN codes up to 6 digits.
Keep in mind that if you've flashed a previous community build on your OnePlus 3, then this update will arrive on your smartphone via OTA (over the air). Otherwise, you'll have to flash the build by ADB sideload.