iPad 3 to use IGZO display panel instead of IPS one, claims rumor
1. Firedrops (Posts: 218; Member since: 06 Sep 2011)
Feels like it was just yesterday when a "Super AMOLED Plus" and Apples "Retina Display"
was thought to be the be-all and end-all of HD displays...
2. arcq12 (Posts: 733; Member since: 13 Oct 2011)
hopefully the iPad 3 wont cost an arm and a leg on its release.. or i'd ditch it..
6. andro. (Posts: 1977; Member since: 16 Sep 2011)
Unconfirmed facts state that Apple now seeks to also extract blood from every individual that buys an apple product
8. shafboy (Posts: 179; Member since: 26 Sep 2010)
Ah I don't know, I'm happy with my iPad 1, but I obviously am looking for a new tablet.
Kindle Fire is a no without doubt for me, so iPad 3 is in mind. But I want to get a Windows 8 Tablet too so, I'll see.
3. som (Posts: 768; Member since: 10 Nov 2009)
Technology is improving everyday while Apple technologies are patented the ideas on the paperwork only.
16. maroci64 (Posts: 2; Member since: 13 Jan 2012)
Was that supposed to mean something in English?
4. andro. (Posts: 1977; Member since: 16 Sep 2011)
It would be typical Apple to use tech with lower production cost and then claim a bigger profit margin. No doubt unfortunately for the drooling ifans upgrading yet again from the ipad 2 Apple will not pass this cost saving to them but will simply charge the same if not more money for this ipad because it will of course 'change everything again' with a screen apple will claim they have now invented
7. bigboy029 (Posts: 74; Member since: 03 Jan 2011)
Do you ever have anything productive to say? besides "apple is the worst thing to happen to mankind and android is the single greatest thing ever?" You comment on every single apple article on here and just mindlessly bash all of it. grow up.
15. maroci64 (Posts: 2; Member since: 13 Jan 2012)
Wow, another raging imbecile heard from. What a surprise.
11. Guest_star (Posts: 231; Member since: 30 Dec 2011)
No, iPad3 will probably use IPS display, IGZO is not a tipe of display it is material used in making of TFT for LCD display and IPS is orientation of liquid cristal, don't mix those two. In Iphon 4 you have IPS LCD and it's TFT is built out of LTPS, the advantage of IGZO over LTPS is lower cost of production and over a-Si whch is commonly used in making of TFT is that it is much faster and thus making images in games and movies much better and not blurred. So IGZO is not a tipe of display it is an improvement over past tech in terms of price and quality. Btw IGZO is considered one of the best materials for making HD OLED screens
13. roscuthiii (Posts: 1887; Member since: 18 Jul 2010)
Small point of contention... Is IPS in-plain, or in-plane, switching?