Will the Samsung Galaxy S5 or Samsung Galaxy Note 4 look like this?
Because the drawing seems to show a slot to store an S Pen, we would lean toward this being the design for the next iteration of Samsung's phablet. But we should also keep in mind that if past is prologue, the Galaxy Note 4 will take its design cue from the Galaxy S5. In other words, even if this is a drawing of Sammy's next phablet, it still tells us plenty about its next Android flagship.
You might notice that the sketches do not show any hardware buttons, which would be an interesting departure from previous models. Also note the very thin bezel on the device. We have arranged a slideshow of the images that accompanied the patent application, and you're encouraged to check them out below.
Samsung design patent filing could reveal the looks of the Samsung Galaxy S5 or Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Fullscreen
More popular slideshows
Did you know: 5 interesting facts about Android L
20 Jul 2014, 10:02
Samsung design patent filing could reveal the looks of the Samsung Galaxy S5 or Samsung Galaxy Note 4
source: USPTO via SammyToday, SamMobile
1. hackmanhtc1 (Posts: 12; Member since: 21 Apr 2013)
This design is soo good!! Hope Galaxy S5 has this design.
3. xperiaDROID (Posts: 5047; Member since: 08 Mar 2013)
But there's a S-pen on the corner, don't tell me that the Galaxy S5 will have a S-pen. It's probably the Note 4.
10. Diego! (Posts: 500; Member since: 15 Jun 2009)
Actually there are two designs. Check images 1 & 5. They show different backs. One has a stylus and the other doesn't. So these might be the designs for S5 & Note 4.
14. xplayer57 (Posts: 18; Member since: 24 Dec 2012)
Well if u look closely there IS a slot for s pen in the first image........
15. Diego! (Posts: 500; Member since: 15 Jun 2009)
Yes indeed! I saw it after I posted my comment. LOL xD But there are two models, right? The speaker doesn't appear on image #5.
2. abdane (Posts: 473; Member since: 07 Oct 2011)
If anything, it's probably a Note because there is a stylus on the corner.
4. Bozzor (Posts: 99; Member since: 02 May 2012)
Definitely seeing a slight curve in the glass there...
11. Diego! (Posts: 500; Member since: 15 Jun 2009)
Where? I only see a flat display in all images. Round corners yes, ala Galaxy S3 + external case. Check images #6 & #7
22. talon95 (Posts: 61; Member since: 31 Jul 2012)
The glass is definitely curved but in the images that show the screen location within the glass it is hard to tell if the screen extends to the edges that curve or not. Might still be a flat screen under glass/plastic that curves at the edges.
5. zuckerboy (Posts: 898; Member since: 22 Dec 2011)
looks nice. especially 3rd picture looks cool. but I think device has curved display look at 7th picture right side has few bezel compared to left one ?? like prototype they show last year
23. cheeseycheeser (Posts: 373; Member since: 24 Mar 2011)
Surprise bitch! I bet you thought you'd seen the last of me.
7. Teja171 (unregistered)
3-sided display ?
9. MaryAnn (Posts: 13; Member since: 18 Sep 2013)
Just to have curves please.. Cause Note 3 is a bit to square for most of us :)
12. skymitch89 (Posts: 1017; Member since: 05 Nov 2010)
Almost looks like it could be a Note 3 Active. It's kinda designed like the S4 Active, but has the slot for the S-Pen. It would be nice if they released one, but would also suck because it probably won't come out in time for me to upgrade to as well as probably won't be coming out on Sprint.
17. McLTE (Posts: 637; Member since: 18 Oct 2011)
looks good.. I just hope Samsung doesn't ditch the physical button, and the off-screen capacitive buttons. I hated the on screen buttons my Nexus had.
18. andonia2 (Posts: 27; Member since: 26 Jul 2013)
OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! i cant believe that Samsung is finally going without soft buttons... the design looks good but i wonder how the S UI will be adapted to the curved screen(if the s5 has one).........
19. ChafedBanana (Posts: 355; Member since: 20 Sep 2011)
They can ditch the physical home button in favor of stereo front facing speakers.
21. emadshiny (Posts: 1127; Member since: 05 Dec 2012)
No ugly physical button? It would be great.
25. wanda036 (Posts: 1; Member since: 04 Jan 2014)
I have the Samsung galaxy s4 I love it but im waiting for the Samsung galaxy s5 I just don't like the pre application that be on there that you not gone use I think if they leave that part open to the customers to choose I know this Samsung galaxy s5 would kill the market.