Upscale S5 Prime might end up as Samsung Galaxy F, leaked render suggests a brushed metal chassis
1. amats69 (Posts: 1125; Member since: 12 Nov 2012)
No change on design...only change on material they used...
4. Tizen007 (Posts: 522; Member since: 07 Jan 2014)
I'm sorry... you're blind. If you're not, look again please.
20. amats69 (Posts: 1125; Member since: 12 Nov 2012)
Oh wait im sorry....so whats the difference?ah oh wait, they differ on the sensors placement...wow its a big change! Congrats samsung...lol
9. rehanmustafa90 (Posts: 11; Member since: 13 May 2014)
this is not an actual galaxy s5 prime (or F) picture, its just a rumour
19. Tizen007 (Posts: 522; Member since: 07 Jan 2014)
True. But the G3 render Evleaks leaked was also just a "rumor" until it was announced: They have a pretty high accuracy rate. Looks realistic too.
30. marcski07 (Posts: 497; Member since: 25 Apr 2014)
and there it is folks, a premium feel of ugliness.. :) they need to change their desing language, the front of the phone are totally boring. they are all the same! from cheap to expensive, they all look the same! now don't argue with me that iphone didn't change their design as well, but atleast they have just one phone not samsung with variety of phones that all looks the same! same ugliness!
57. wildfiregt (Posts: 102; Member since: 10 Jun 2013)
So a phone is beautiful until they release other variants ?
62. Leonis (Posts: 334; Member since: 08 Jan 2014)
So what do you suggest them to change genious? Did you take a look at HTC M7 and M8? You will complain about bezels. Sony front speaker too? Complain about bezels. G3? Still similar too all the others with less bezels. Having a big screen and either on screen buttons or capacitive is the only choice here. Its also the best design. If you want something different then go back to old phones with buttons or go S5 Active with buttons.
You are just complaining for the sake of it. And its an incredible stupid complain too.
2. ibrahem7731 (Posts: 44; Member since: 17 Dec 2013)
I liked the design of the older leaks which shows the rounded back and thin bezel
3. NokiaFTW (Posts: 2057; Member since: 24 Oct 2012)
Wow! This phone looks sweet! Keep it up Samsung!
24. StraightEdgeNexus (Posts: 3597; Member since: 14 Feb 2014)
Seriously?! Are you in your senses?
45. PapaSmurf (Posts: 8840; Member since: 14 May 2012)
You know people have different opinions than you, right?
5. UglyFrank (Posts: 551; Member since: 23 Jan 2014)
This look much nicer, I'm ready to pay up
7. zuckerboy (banned) (Posts: 898; Member since: 22 Dec 2011)
I wish samsung change the design language of galaxy series. I have no problem with plastic material as long as its well machined. other thing is new ui they have been using same ui since s3 and its getting kinda boring. I would buy a samsung phone with totally new design and new clean ui.
51. 3rdDegree (Posts: 171; Member since: 13 Jul 2013)
To be fair the update to TouchWiz was quite the overhaul. They do, however, need to change the name because TouchWiz is such a boring name.
55. zuckerboy (banned) (Posts: 898; Member since: 22 Dec 2011)
they have to do something lg or apple did bfore
8. LGisgood (Posts: 465; Member since: 23 Jun 2012)
ATLEAST THE DESIGN LOOKS BETTER THAN S5!
BUT LGG3 FOR ME!
38. 3rdDegree (Posts: 171; Member since: 13 Jul 2013)
To crash the party! LG FTW!
PS, LG have designers and engineers. I don't think Samsung have either.
56. HansGoneInsane (Posts: 384; Member since: 09 Aug 2013)
Nope. Apple has all the money. Samsung gains the crumbs Apple leaves for the rest. Samsung's profits are decreasing while Apple's profits are increasing. Strangewise, it is the exact opposite when it comes to Market Share.
10. gabrielvoica (Posts: 59; Member since: 05 Mar 2013)
in other words....they give consumers what Htc or Sony is giving for years at double the price...because it's "premium"... just like Apple...i love marketing...
13. wilsong17 (Posts: 1066; Member since: 10 Mar 2013)
I'm sorry but us going to have new processor new HD screen new camera and water dust proof... wat else do you want
33. DillWeed (Posts: 81; Member since: 14 Mar 2014)
805 will feel slower then 801 when it's running 2k. Z2 and S5 are already waterproof and the plastic body of the s5 will make sure that it stays that way. A dent in the wrong place will break waterproofing. And there are going to be a lot of denting considering how slippery metal is.
12. bugsbunny00 (Posts: 1240; Member since: 07 Jun 2013)
s5 is not really all that anymore G3 IS MORE and once its release globally its gonna sell.this company is just trying all that it can..
17. wilsong17 (Posts: 1066; Member since: 10 Mar 2013)
Lol so you think I'm going to choose a phone cuz it has a new screen lol nice try buddy.. let get the fact straight camera is not that great checkCNEThttp://www.cnet.com/news/l
g-g3s-laser-equipped-camera-put-to-the-test/.....screen again is not allthathttp://www.cnet.com/news/l g-g3-how-does-that-uhd-display-really-measure-up-against-the-galaxy-s5/
Also s5 water and dust proof, finger scanner. .. so you telling me lol the beast the note 4 is underway and the gs5 alpha under way even HTC m8 is out.. the only thing I'm buying from LG are the LG tone Bluetooth the new one they work very good with my note 3
27. bodzio1809 (Posts: 76; Member since: 28 Aug 2013)
According to this article G3 camera is better in some aspects and S5 camera is better in other. You wrote that camera in G3 is not that great, but it got a little faster focus and better low light photos with or without flash. S5 in the other hand "achieved marginally richer, sharper results" in daylight photos.
S5 is great device and I could say that is the best phone as overall device on the market. Main flaw of S5 and other Samsung devices is that they look just boring and almost the same. Samsung need to change design. I am S3 owner and if battery will be good on G3 I will get it. It's not waterproof, don't has fingerprint scanner(i would want that, but touch type, not swipe) , but looks much better and fresh. It's similar in some ways to G2, but it's good design language, not like Samsung(in my opinion).
40. DillWeed (Posts: 81; Member since: 14 Mar 2014)
The bezels will sell be smaller, even when you throw a waterproof case on the G3
41. CanYouSeeTheLight (Posts: 890; Member since: 05 Jul 2012)
Did you even see the low light samples? They are noise infested and are unpleasant to look at, the G3 wins that comparison as the marginal gains in daylight imaging performance can not make overlook such horrible low light performance.
14. Jalil (Posts: 40; Member since: 28 Sep 2013)
It is still far from HTC one M8 and LG G3 design.
16. bugsbunny00 (Posts: 1240; Member since: 07 Jun 2013)
and i thought this is the prime alpha,galaxy f doesnt sound really atractive...alpha mo betta.
21. bodzio1809 (Posts: 76; Member since: 28 Aug 2013)
The problem of Samsung is that all devices look(almost) the same. Samsung is just boring. I am fan of amoled displays and I would definetly got one S5 if it would look different. I don't care about metal, plastic is better in some aspects. I just want a different design on back and front. Also this side bezels "metal" frame should be flat, because now it looks cheap.
They could remove physical buttons and put them on screen. Place fingerprint scanner touch type(like Apple) under screen and make notification led around it. Also dual front speakers would be nice.
42. Gulliver (Posts: 19; Member since: 18 Sep 2013)
I respect everyone's personal preference, ok! There is enough room for physical buttons with no harm to the phone size or display size. But to remove physical buttons and place them on the screen?!?total waste of screen space!!!
46. bodzio1809 (Posts: 76; Member since: 28 Aug 2013)
Not necessary. They can implement auto hiding buttons etc. On my S3 I often press touch menu button by mistake so it would be convinient for me(a little bezel on bottom). Also remember that all future games and aplications should use full screen mode.
23. StraightEdgeNexus (Posts: 3597; Member since: 14 Feb 2014)
Meh typical samsung... Same old design, bring up something new.
29. galanoth (Posts: 337; Member since: 26 Nov 2011)
People on comments are funny.
S5 announced - Plastic sucks, M8 metal ftw.
G3 announced - Plastic is okay again, LG ftw.
E8 announced - Glossy plastic is okay now too, HTC ftw.
S5 prime rumors - Samsung metal sucks, HTC plastic ftw.
People who hate Samsung sill go on each article to comment though. Weird
31. LGisgood (Posts: 465; Member since: 23 Jun 2012)
LG G3 is NOT a Plastic phone.
FRONT is made of GLASS
FRAME IS MADE OF METAL
Back is made of METAL Wrapped inside Polycarbonate
the design structure is BEAUTIFUL and ELEGANT
53. UglyFrank (Posts: 551; Member since: 23 Jan 2014)
Most phones have glass on the front, including the S5, S4 etc
34. marcski07 (Posts: 497; Member since: 25 Apr 2014)
metal sucks because the design sucks.. samsung sucks because their design sucks. it makes the "S's" looks cheap because you could see them on their cheap phones! unlike sony lg and others they have different designs! from low-end to high-end phones
49. DONUT (Posts: 307; Member since: 27 Jun 2013)
the reason why ppl say the plastic on the G3 and E8 is ok is because, i mean do you really need a reason? put the 3 phones side by side and the LG and HTC look way better. Samsung makes their plastic look cheap and tacky.
32. andro. (Posts: 1971; Member since: 16 Sep 2011)
Hopefully they change the look of the handset also,the s5 itself is quite the lazy effort design wise
35. Cicero (Posts: 440; Member since: 22 Jan 2014)
It is to big on top bezel. Better proportions on S4. I am bored already for this design. Simply I do not understand Samsung design department.
47. Zapp_B (Posts: 15; Member since: 02 Jun 2014)
The back appears to be removable so it's probably plastic. Nevertheless I like the design, but nothing special.
52. teerex42 (Posts: 166; Member since: 14 Jun 2012)
People need to understand the reason Samsung uses polycarbonate not just plastic is because it's better, less resistant to noise and interference than metal. Do I hope the prime or whatever they call it has less bezels than the S5? I sure hope so, but my god, qhd super amoled!!! 1080P super amoled is already the best screen on the market as the S5 has the best screen ever tested according to expert's. Can't imagine what this screen will look like!!
54. fzacek (Posts: 2104; Member since: 26 Jan 2014)
This is insanely stupid of Samsung. S5 sales will drop and owners will feel left out...
58. gigaraga (Posts: 1367; Member since: 29 Mar 2013)
Looks pretty nice. Hope they don't make it too heavy with metal though