Sony Xperia Z1 Clear Zoom vs Lumia 1020 lossless zoom samples
4. pokharkarsaga (Posts: 381; Member since: 23 Feb 2012)
Lumia 1020 is better in terms of sharpness but lacks natural colors compared to Z1.
13. tadaa (Posts: 267; Member since: 18 Apr 2013)
if only they adjusted the camera to display more natural colors than tinkering with it to make images look more vivid. still the best camera in a smartphone
53. sapibuntinx (Posts: 55; Member since: 08 May 2013)
lol, still standing for sony? lol...
sony is a meh now, they can't compete with the market, the biggest 5" phone, yet their camera is still not the best, lol sony greedytard...
58. vandroid (Posts: 326; Member since: 04 Sep 2012)
Sony did this without having to make a giant sensor that sticks out so that's a win even if the Lumia 1020 is only a little better
59. noler (Posts: 322; Member since: 19 Aug 2013)
The score is
1020 84 points Z1 67 points.
"Lumia 1020 130.4 x 71.4 x 10.4 mm , 158 g
Xperia Z1 144 x 74 x 8.5 mm, 170 g + there is no OIS and No Xenon flash!!"
"Yes, no hump, but massive bezels to hide the hump. The Z had big bezels, this is massive. It is only around 6-7 mm shorter than the 6-inch Bandit. It is the biggest 5-inch phone in the world, way bigger than the S4 and even much bigger than the 5.2 inch G2"
63. Omar-BHR95 (Posts: 184; Member since: 23 Dec 2012)
wait for the Lumia 1520 and it will demolish the z1
6. MONUQ (Posts: 31; Member since: 26 Jan 2013)
Please Daniel P ,show these comparisions to John Sheeeeee....and Ray s.....
Jhon V always running in apple......No problem with apple But ONLY APPLES IS PROBLEM......
and to Ray S Because i saw z1 review,,....at 10:10 Video time...he says only Lg g2 as best camera......
COME ON PA REVIEWERS.....WE WANT EXPERTS REVIEWS OF URS NOT THE PERSONAL ONES......
IF I HAD TO SEE PERSONAL REVIEWS...I CAN DO THAT MYSELF....
11. sergiobr (Posts: 690; Member since: 25 Feb 2013)
Read the experts ... dpreview ! (Talking about camera). They´re professionals.
55. adk199 (Posts: 23; Member since: 04 Oct 2012)
At connect.dpreview.com there is a fresh camera shootout between 1020, G2, Z1 and Galaxy S4 Zoom for those who like some details :-)
12. SonyXperiaNexus (Posts: 374; Member since: 01 Oct 2012)
Caution: Camera RIP (rape in progress)
Anyway, this should be compared with S4, LGG2 and i5s cameras, not 1020
22. akki20892 (Posts: 3899; Member since: 04 Feb 2013)
no phone can compare with 1020. nokia lumia 1020 win.
both nokia and sony is superior company for me, both phones are great.
24. ArtSim98 (Posts: 3535; Member since: 21 Dec 2012)
It's better. But Z1 comes pretty darn close even with that slim design. Overall, I'm very impressed with both phones.
76. MobileKicker (Posts: 212; Member since: 19 Sep 2013)
Z1 is better
Cause it can capture photos underwater
But l1020 cant
2. No_Nonsense (Posts: 826; Member since: 17 Aug 2012)
The only shot were the Z1's noticably better is the flower shot. Under good light, it seems good to battle with the 1020 but not so much in low light.
3. YuLeven (Posts: 50; Member since: 14 May 2013)
Nokia sweeped the floor with Sony this time.
10. Shatter (Posts: 2036; Member since: 29 May 2013)
You need to adjust your monitor settings if you think Nokia wins. These shots are super saturated on the Nokia 1020 and any photographer would point and laugh at you if you though saturation was better than natural color.
32. hmmm... (Posts: 76; Member since: 05 Jun 2013)
Nokia wins in moses cases, except for the flower in terms of details. Camera image saturation on Iphone is quite high yet it sells well. I prefer natural colours but saturated colours are more eye pleasing. Quite disappointed that Nokia didn't keep the natural colors like on the 808.
You can click on the source link there and see that L1020 actually did WIN.
He doesn't have to adjust his monitor. no point having natural colours if it can't resolve details.
33. shikroi (Posts: 187; Member since: 24 Sep 2012)
Most would also prefer sharper images. It depends on the taste of the photographer. Also "super saturated" is a bit hyperbolic.
60. noler (Posts: 322; Member since: 19 Aug 2013)
The final score is
1020 84 points Z1 67 points
61. Jaeel (Posts: 27; Member since: 18 Apr 2013)
Huh? Any photographer would know that color balance can be fixed in post-processing, but sharpness (detail) mostly cannot.
70. cc3493 (Posts: 158; Member since: 06 Jul 2013)
If you think fully fledged photographers are going to be using a PHONE to take photos you must be in a fairytale land. DSLR cameras are what they use buddy. These phones are not for professionals, they are trying to make people feel AS IF they are professionals. AND MOST people (target audience) prefer over-saturated images that have nice colours than compared to real-life images.
5. lalalaman (Posts: 627; Member since: 19 Aug 2013)
Nokia FTW! all the way...:D..
Sony is good but Nokia is for real photography lovers...and those complaining for wp8...first use wp and then complain...it has grown so much past 6 months
7. sergiobr (Posts: 690; Member since: 25 Feb 2013)
Don´t come to fight with Nokia in cameraphone area. I personally prefer Android, but no one beats Nokia in camera quality, that´s the reason why my next phone will be a 1020. Unfortunately I´ll leave Android. I´d love a Note III with the pureview technology.
8. Tinker-Bell (Posts: 10; Member since: 14 Sep 2013)
Anyway, the galaxy s4 zoom will wipe out these two weak device for sure :)
27. Tinker-Bell (Posts: 10; Member since: 14 Sep 2013)
When it comes to zoom, s4 zoom wins hands down, not these weaklings
49. Fernandezxc (Posts: 42; Member since: 12 Mar 2012)
the s4 zoom is a camera that can make calls, not a phone
57. FCB-Eto (Posts: 36; Member since: 17 Aug 2013)
Then you'll wake up from your dream cause of the hangover you had! Dpr review had a shootout with the 1020,Z1,LgG2 and the S4 zoom and the zoom cam in last so please come again. Also I believe you get different results depending on whose behind the cam cause on Dpr the 1020 won yes but the Z1 managed to beat it on a couple of shots not to mention the 1020 always seems to produce surreal colors not true to real life.
9. DawsonLee (Posts: 26; Member since: 03 Apr 2012)
Nokia certainly wins in this comparison, but I'm still loving my Z1 :)
17. itsdeepak4u2000 (Posts: 3702; Member since: 03 Nov 2012)
Nokia is still the king in camera phone.
29. ihatesmartphone (unregistered)
In many ways...
Just admit it :D
34. shikroi (Posts: 187; Member since: 24 Sep 2012)
We all know sales aren't directly proportional to quality. The galaxy line will always sell more than HTC's and Sony's products. However since we are using your logic, I guess the sales of sony's products deny that they are of the highest quality.
52. NexusKoolaid (Posts: 459; Member since: 24 Oct 2011)
No, 1020 sales do not deny the quality of the camera. What they do say is that it takes more than a good camera to sell a phone.
21. Medel (Posts: 84; Member since: 31 May 2011)
Nokia Lumia 1020 Still the Winner! Best Camera Phone In the WORLD! :D
23. muser793 (Posts: 57; Member since: 15 Aug 2013)
sony is a damn joke in mobile industry, they must stick with their TV's , laptops , play station n ... :|
25. iluvsonynokia (Posts: 144; Member since: 27 Aug 2013)
oh I can't judge,need to change profile name
28. wicpromd (Posts: 266; Member since: 20 Aug 2013)
Lumia with 1/1.5 inch sensor with Hump at the back vs Xperia Z1 in Slimmest design with 1/2.3 inch sensor
Shame on Lumia that Xperia Z1 is damm close and even better in.most of the shots
Z1 FTW because of No Hump and awesome Clearity
35. hmmm... (Posts: 76; Member since: 05 Jun 2013)
How is z1 even better in most shots? you can't even see the words taken with Z1, most sony compact cam with small sensors have the same problem, it has high noise and smudged.
Sony's algorithm are usually a miss. The Z1 one is no exception but the colour balance is quite good.
I have the Sony rx100, luckily it has a 1inch sensor and the algorithm isn't that bad.
I remember when Nikon used sony's sensor in their DSLR yet their pictures turn out much better than Sony's DSLR( with almost double the pixels.)
38. wicpromd (Posts: 266; Member since: 20 Aug 2013)
you are a Joker
Just take Sensor size of Xperia z1 and Z1 is having Realistic colours
not fake colours as Lumia 1020
and dpreview always complained about Lumia 1020 un-realistic colours
and Rx100 isnt that bad???
ur comment shows hate towaards sony
RX100 is the best compact camera ever made
even i use it with almost next to perfect Algorithms a
and yes Z1 came.close to Lumia 1020 with no Hump at the back ,in such a slim Design
43. shikroi (Posts: 187; Member since: 24 Sep 2012)
Realistic colors really aren't a big deal when there isn't much detail in an image. Sure natural colors are good, but its not the alpha and the omega of a good photograph like you are making it out to be. The z1's pics have blown out highlights and muddy details (due to noise reduction). If I have a picture with less than realistic colors and one with closer to life colors, but yet I can't read the label in the one with the more natural colors, I am going to go for the one with the saturation. No sense in complaining about color accuracy when you can't decipher details.
If I were to give a win to the z1 it would be the pic with the yellow flower, because it nailed the dynamic range, details and color accuracy better than the 1020. In that case the 1020's punchier colors and over exposure caused the details to be lost(however this could have been rectified with a manual adjustment of the exposure settings). Details are always first and foremost when determining a good picture.
46. sbw44 (Posts: 433; Member since: 04 Dec 2012)
I see your angle! at first when the z1 was released you said all the time how the z1 kills the 1020! Now when actual reviews like dpreview,gsmarena,engadget etc came out saying how this is the best camera phone you spin your excuse on the z1 came close to the 1020 with no hump! your a joke!
67. papss (unregistered)
I was about to say that same thing... He was trolling hard before the z1 was released and now he is back peddling.
37. shikroi (Posts: 187; Member since: 24 Sep 2012)
In none of these shots could the z1 be considered better. In all the case the 71 appeared noiser, muddier and blurrier. The 1020's crops had a lot more sharpness and clarity. Look at the first two shots, the low light shots, the shot with the goose and the last shot (the z1 fails miserably there).
42. pwnarena (Posts: 1129; Member since: 15 Feb 2013)
you have problems with your eyes. in the case of the yellow and pink flower shots, sony wins.
nokia wins the rest.
also, your statement that sony's is noisier in all cases is incorrect. in the first photo for example, sony's photo has less noise but lower details. details are more important so nokia wins.
still, color accuracy is on sony's side. it will never beat the 1020 though with the specs alone. it is the inferior camera between the two but it manages to take great enough photos to stand on its own.
44. shikroi (Posts: 187; Member since: 24 Sep 2012)
Yeah I redact my statement with regards to the yellow flower ( read the comment above the one you replied to) and the noise based on the first and third shots. I still think that Nokia did better on the pink flower shot.
30. UnlimitedSkye03 (Posts: 79; Member since: 27 Apr 2012)
I'm kinda impress, this is the best comparison I've ever seen :)
64. Deaconclgi (Posts: 405; Member since: 03 Nov 2012)
Steve Litchfield always has amazing camera comparisons. You can find more comparison articles at the AAWP and AAS links below.
36. Snoobab (Posts: 175; Member since: 07 Dec 2011)
By Daniel P.???
More like, done by Steve Litchfield.
NOTE: Copyright (©) All About Windows Phone 2011-2012