Sony Xperia Z1 Clear Zoom vs Lumia 1020 lossless zoom samples
4. pokharkarsaga (Posts: 385; Member since: 23 Feb 2012)
Lumia 1020 is better in terms of sharpness but lacks natural colors compared to Z1.
13. tadaa (Posts: 267; Member since: 18 Apr 2013)
if only they adjusted the camera to display more natural colors than tinkering with it to make images look more vivid. still the best camera in a smartphone
53. sapibuntinx (Posts: 57; Member since: 08 May 2013)
lol, still standing for sony? lol...
sony is a meh now, they can't compete with the market, the biggest 5" phone, yet their camera is still not the best, lol sony greedytard...
58. vandroid (Posts: 328; Member since: 04 Sep 2012)
Sony did this without having to make a giant sensor that sticks out so that's a win even if the Lumia 1020 is only a little better
59. noler (Posts: 323; Member since: 19 Aug 2013)
The score is
1020 84 points Z1 67 points.
"Lumia 1020 130.4 x 71.4 x 10.4 mm , 158 g
Xperia Z1 144 x 74 x 8.5 mm, 170 g + there is no OIS and No Xenon flash!!"
"Yes, no hump, but massive bezels to hide the hump. The Z had big bezels, this is massive. It is only around 6-7 mm shorter than the 6-inch Bandit. It is the biggest 5-inch phone in the world, way bigger than the S4 and even much bigger than the 5.2 inch G2"
63. Omar-BHR95 (Posts: 184; Member since: 23 Dec 2012)
wait for the Lumia 1520 and it will demolish the z1
6. MONUQ (Posts: 31; Member since: 26 Jan 2013)
Please Daniel P ,show these comparisions to John Sheeeeee....and Ray s.....
Jhon V always running in apple......No problem with apple But ONLY APPLES IS PROBLEM......
and to Ray S Because i saw z1 review,,....at 10:10 Video time...he says only Lg g2 as best camera......
COME ON PA REVIEWERS.....WE WANT EXPERTS REVIEWS OF URS NOT THE PERSONAL ONES......
IF I HAD TO SEE PERSONAL REVIEWS...I CAN DO THAT MYSELF....
11. sergiobr (Posts: 710; Member since: 25 Feb 2013)
Read the experts ... dpreview ! (Talking about camera). They´re professionals.
55. adk199 (Posts: 23; Member since: 04 Oct 2012)
At connect.dpreview.com there is a fresh camera shootout between 1020, G2, Z1 and Galaxy S4 Zoom for those who like some details :-)
12. SonyXperiaNexus (Posts: 374; Member since: 01 Oct 2012)
Caution: Camera RIP (rape in progress)
Anyway, this should be compared with S4, LGG2 and i5s cameras, not 1020
22. akki20892 (Posts: 3901; Member since: 04 Feb 2013)
no phone can compare with 1020. nokia lumia 1020 win.
both nokia and sony is superior company for me, both phones are great.
24. ArtSim98 (Posts: 3535; Member since: 21 Dec 2012)
It's better. But Z1 comes pretty darn close even with that slim design. Overall, I'm very impressed with both phones.
76. MobileKicker (Posts: 212; Member since: 19 Sep 2013)
Z1 is better
Cause it can capture photos underwater
But l1020 cant
2. No_Nonsense (Posts: 826; Member since: 17 Aug 2012)
The only shot were the Z1's noticably better is the flower shot. Under good light, it seems good to battle with the 1020 but not so much in low light.
3. YuLeven (Posts: 50; Member since: 14 May 2013)
Nokia sweeped the floor with Sony this time.
10. Shatter (Posts: 2036; Member since: 29 May 2013)
You need to adjust your monitor settings if you think Nokia wins. These shots are super saturated on the Nokia 1020 and any photographer would point and laugh at you if you though saturation was better than natural color.
32. hmmm... (Posts: 78; Member since: 05 Jun 2013)
Nokia wins in moses cases, except for the flower in terms of details. Camera image saturation on Iphone is quite high yet it sells well. I prefer natural colours but saturated colours are more eye pleasing. Quite disappointed that Nokia didn't keep the natural colors like on the 808.
You can click on the source link there and see that L1020 actually did WIN.
He doesn't have to adjust his monitor. no point having natural colours if it can't resolve details.
33. shikroi (Posts: 187; Member since: 24 Sep 2012)
Most would also prefer sharper images. It depends on the taste of the photographer. Also "super saturated" is a bit hyperbolic.
60. noler (Posts: 323; Member since: 19 Aug 2013)
The final score is
1020 84 points Z1 67 points
61. Jaeel (Posts: 27; Member since: 18 Apr 2013)
Huh? Any photographer would know that color balance can be fixed in post-processing, but sharpness (detail) mostly cannot.
70. cc3493 (Posts: 158; Member since: 06 Jul 2013)
If you think fully fledged photographers are going to be using a PHONE to take photos you must be in a fairytale land. DSLR cameras are what they use buddy. These phones are not for professionals, they are trying to make people feel AS IF they are professionals. AND MOST people (target audience) prefer over-saturated images that have nice colours than compared to real-life images.
5. lalalaman (Posts: 631; Member since: 19 Aug 2013)
Nokia FTW! all the way...:D..
Sony is good but Nokia is for real photography lovers...and those complaining for wp8...first use wp and then complain...it has grown so much past 6 months
7. sergiobr (Posts: 710; Member since: 25 Feb 2013)
Don´t come to fight with Nokia in cameraphone area. I personally prefer Android, but no one beats Nokia in camera quality, that´s the reason why my next phone will be a 1020. Unfortunately I´ll leave Android. I´d love a Note III with the pureview technology.
8. Tinker-Bell (Posts: 10; Member since: 14 Sep 2013)
Anyway, the galaxy s4 zoom will wipe out these two weak device for sure :)