Samsung's JK Shin says the company won't settle with Apple like HTC, see you in court
2 January Samsung will have to reveal sales data in Apple patent lawsuit
7 December Judge Koh pleas for 'global peace' between Apple and Samsung for the sake of consumers, incites laughter
6 December Samsung and Apple meet with Judge Lucy Koh for post-trial hearing
6 December Apple and Samsung return to court for hearing in front of Judge Koh
5 December Google's Eric Schmidt on the relationship with Apple: the adults are talking now
1. PapaSmurf (Posts: 9673; Member since: 14 May 2012)
Haha Samsung is back and more eager to kick Apple's a-s in the courtroom!
4. MeoCao (unregistered)
Yes SS, we are with you all the way.
Let's beat Apple the patent troll to senses.
21. Droid_X_Doug (Posts: 5993; Member since: 22 Dec 2010)
That's the spirit Sammy!!!! Give Apple the middle-fingered wave!
Then double-down and take their market share....
31. Nadr1212 (Posts: 741; Member since: 22 Sep 2012)
OH, SHUT UP ALREADY U GIGANTIC ELECTRONICS BABIES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
23. doejon (Posts: 385; Member since: 31 Jul 2012)
gooo sammy make applejuice and drink it on ex
2. sarb009 (Posts: 296; Member since: 15 Jun 2011)
Samsung has guts. Go crush that apple and give us some gud juice
3. Bluesky02 (Posts: 1439; Member since: 05 Dec 2011)
Keep it up Samsung! UK was a major victory
5. Aeires (unregistered)
Go SS, show HTC how to get things done.
6. PAPINYC (banned) (Posts: 2315; Member since: 30 Jul 2011)
Way to go JK, time to make you some Applesauce!! Stomp their pathetic iCopyCat å§§e§!
7. babyk (Posts: 242; Member since: 03 Nov 2011)
what if samsung wins will htc over turn their decisions ?
8. Android1 (Posts: 59; Member since: 16 Jul 2012)
Although I'm using HTC... I have to say that Samsung has guts... So go Samsung go and crush that little fruit :p
28. blingblingthing (Posts: 476; Member since: 23 Oct 2012)
Also using an HTC. I also FULLY endorse your message.
9. bayhuy (Posts: 320; Member since: 23 Jun 2011)
Samsung will not pay 276 million $ .!!!
They will pay 1.05 billion (at least) and they will beat HTC...again!
22. Droid_X_Doug (Posts: 5993; Member since: 22 Dec 2010)
Where has Sammy paid Apple one dime? Notice the requirement to have PAID, as opposed to awarded. Until payment occurs, an award is like toilet paper....
30. Peter98 (Posts: 119; Member since: 01 Aug 2012)
Yah! Show people HTC is doing right! settle down is the most important.
10. yowanvista (Posts: 332; Member since: 20 Sep 2011)
Apple's arrogance will turn against themselves in the long run. Go Samsung!
11. remixfa (Posts: 14252; Member since: 19 Dec 2008)
thankfully there is one android OEM that has the money to spare and the nutsack to fight apple or we'd all be screwed.
punch em in the face sammy!
12. _Bone_ (Posts: 2146; Member since: 29 Oct 2012)
Wait for the LTE lawsuit, about 100.000.000 Apple units will be proven a rip-off of that patent.
15. Hemlocke (unregistered)
The iPhone and iPad both use Qualcomm LTE chips. Qualcomm and LG are the major players in LTE patents, and Samsung and Apple are both still in the single digits, percentage-wise, with respect to LTE patents. Samsung would be barking up the wrong tree on LTE patent lawsuits.
13. shuaibhere (Posts: 1761; Member since: 07 Jul 2012)
this is what we say as a brave heart.....
14. young0ne (Posts: 18; Member since: 28 Jul 2012)
I like how everyone assumes that HTC is paying Apple but no one knows the deal be hide it so for all we know that they could be paying nothing. I mean think about it this came after iPhone 5 released and it was said that they as going to sue them for the use of LTE I would think that HTC LTE patents is probably the strongest out of all of them and I think that apple didn't wanna deal with that. That's why I think this deal came. But those are my thoughts and its just an opinion . No-one knows what deal went down but if i had to guess this goes in Favor of HTC because of the timing.
17. Hemlocke (unregistered)
They are paying $276 million up front to Apple, and $6-$8 per handset. It's no secret.
18. young0ne (Posts: 18; Member since: 28 Jul 2012)
there is no fact to that so that's a unreliable source. So try again.
20. ojdidit84 (Posts: 424; Member since: 16 Jul 2011)
You just stole my heart... lol
Apparently I failed at replying. This was meant for that guy...
24. joey_sfb (Posts: 3833; Member since: 29 Mar 2012)
I don't really care much about HTC when they choose to side with the enemy by lending their patents to fight against other Android OEMs that are doing battle with apple.
HTC is a sellout and will die a traitor!
25. flamencoguy (Posts: 107; Member since: 04 Aug 2012)
They would not have survived financially if they didn't. Apple doesn't want to pursue them anymore as they are already down. Apple will now point all their guns at Samsung.
At least HTC will survive to fight another day.
Hopefully Samsung and Google can do the job.
19. VZWuser76 (Posts: 2347; Member since: 04 Mar 2010)
That's incorrect. If you click the link in the article you're referring to, it says that $6-8 per handset figures out to the $276 million figure. Here's the link referrenced in the Mashable article you postedhttp://mashable.com/2012/11/12
So you see, they're not paying $276 million AND $6-8, but the $276 million will come from the $6-8 per handset, assuming HTC sells 30-35 million handsets next year.
Reading comprehension, apparently a lost art.
26. rusticguy (Posts: 2828; Member since: 11 Aug 2012)
Samsung has the moola and courage to try and hold Apple by the balls so that body follows. Bsically they are interested in ther Advertisement campaign through Court cases ... it has certainly increased their sales. As collateral benifit this could also have few patents invalidated which makes it more profitable to fight ...
29. ElektronicGeek91 (Posts: 105; Member since: 26 Sep 2012)
I hope HTC had some "Knee Pads" on. lol