Samsung expects to sell 380 million phones this year, double smartphone sales
Samsung Galaxy S II, which many call the best Android handset ever. 20 million units of the device have been sold in the past 10 months. While Samsung was able to top number 2 Apple, wihich had 93 million in sales last year, Samsung's figure represented an amazing quadruple from 2011's numbers. Samsung president Shin said that his company plans on doubling smartphone sales in 2012. One of the devices that Samsung will offer in an attempt to meet that target will be the Samsung Galaxy S III and while speculation swirls about what the specs will be on that device, it looks like the company has another winner with the recently launched phablet, the Samsung GALAXY Note.
1. GALAXY-S (Posts: 701; Member since: 07 Jun 2011)
Well good for sammy!
All i know is that when SGS3 comes i will buy!
2. jamrockjones (Posts: 345; Member since: 26 Oct 2011)
When things become too common they no longer are the cool thing. If there are too many Samsung devices other manufactured phones then become more desirable. Hope that they aren't going about this the wrong way.
3. tward291 (Posts: 559; Member since: 14 Feb 2012)
the same could be said about but apple people line up on ther knees with there mouth open to get them
6. JonGarrett (Posts: 29; Member since: 06 Aug 2011)
too common? too many devices? are you kidding me. Samsung's many options is one of the reasons they're so sucessful. just look at their tablet lineup. some people dont want to lug around a full sized 10.1" tablet & think a 7" tablet is too small.
no problem cause uncle Sammy has two other offerings between 7" & 10.1"
already have a phone but need/want a tablet too but dont want to carry around an extra device....no problem, say hello to the Galaxy Note.
14. gallitoking (Posts: 4690; Member since: 17 May 2011)
I guess you havent heard.. that sammy saturation on the tablet world didnt do as expected..
4. MalakiMills (Posts: 256; Member since: 15 Jun 2010)
If the SGSIII hits Verizon I won't hesitate to buy it, but only time will tell.
5. jessenicholson (Posts: 2; Member since: 27 Feb 2012)
For me its the note ! I want it but how much will it cost in the UK in December ? $30 per month ? Who can look into their chrystal ball for me ?
8. cellphonator (Posts: 298; Member since: 29 Oct 2011)
If the rumors about the SIII are real I don't have problems to believe that they'll reach those numbers no matter what Apple pulls out of the cylinder, although they'll do good too as always.
9. checkmymike (Posts: 81; Member since: 28 Dec 2011)
way to go sammy!!!!
i just wish though you have the design team of sony!
10. WILDCAT1935 (Posts: 31; Member since: 23 Mar 2011)
Too bad Verizon will still be selling the Droid brand and not the Sammy.
12. Whateverman (Posts: 3199; Member since: 17 May 2009)
Verizon has Samsung devices, they were just being stupid. The declined to sell what turned out to be the best Android device ever made, because they thought it would take away from the Galaxy Nexus. Whoever made that decision should be collecting unemployment, because I'm sure it's the same slapnut that ok'd the half baked, Blackberry Storm 1.
11. tiburonpineda (Posts: 39; Member since: 27 Feb 2012)
Samsung is my #1 can't wait to put my hnds on the gs3, i been a galaxy guy since the Epic 4g now with my gs2 and my 10.1 tab, :)
13. aztaxia12295 (Posts: 266; Member since: 22 Nov 2009)
im pretty sure thats the skyrocket hd on the right
15. ENIGMA (Posts: 81; Member since: 17 Feb 2012)
good luck samsung wish u all the best and to
all supporting android brands
the world should shall run on android
apple shall die out platform
WE ARE ALL ANDROID
RESPECT KEEP IT UP
WE LIKE THAT