The price is set at just below $550 (or some 3,681 Swedish kronor) and the release date is October 29th, 2012. That, of course, is the price with no contract deals, meaning you get a completely unlocked device that you are free to use on any carrier.
- OS: Android 4.1 Jelly Bean
- Display: 4.0 inch Super AMOLED with 800 x 480 pixel resolution, 16.67 million colors
- Processor: STE U8420 dual-core 1.0GHz
- Camera: 5 megapixel with auto focus and LED Flash / VGA front
- RAM: 1 GB
- Flash memory: 16 GB, MicroSD card slot (up to 32GB)
- Mobile standards: HSPA 900/1900/2100 14.4/5.76, EDGE / GPRS 850/900/1800/1900
- Connectors: Micro USB port, 3.5mm headset jack
- Wireless: Bluetooth 4.0, WiFi a / b / g / n 2.4/5GHz, DLNA, NFC (UICC, optional)
- Battery: 1,500 mAh
- Dimensions: 121.55 x 62.95 x 9.85 mm
- Housing: Plastic
We also see that Samsung will offer a white and blue versions of the handsets just like on the original S III, and also there will be separate versions with or without NFC connectivity. The Galaxy S III Mini model number is GT-I8190.
This is definitely not a viable alternative to the iPhone 5 as many have thought it'd be. What do you think, could the lower price grant it some big sales, despite that?
source: Mobilegeeks, Tuexperto