Samsung Galaxy S 4 video review demos pop, detail the Floating Touch and SmartPause features
1. darthinvader (Posts: 63; Member since: 18 Sep 2012)
Good features and everything but DESIGN!!! :@
14. abdane (Posts: 494; Member since: 07 Oct 2011)
now that's reall innovation ^_^
i agree, they should've changed the design because it looks like the GS3, but design for me is the least thing i would care for !
22. kostas12ldb (Posts: 51; Member since: 18 Feb 2013)
Innovation, yes, but from Sony (sola), which has FloatTouch more than a year now...
68. InspectorGadget80 (unregistered)
Sony came up with the idea first stop saying stuff like that
120. frydaexiii (Posts: 1425; Member since: 01 Dec 2011)
To be honest, the design was what I wanted to S3 to be in the first place, not too rounded like the S3 is now, but still looking sleek with it's curves
17. ebubekir26 (Posts: 313; Member since: 21 Dec 2012)
i agree the design shocked all of us, even me a Samsung fanboy
but come on it's not REALLY that bad like the others exaggerate
the features are absolutely very handy especially smart pause and hover
it will still feel good in the hands, plastic? yes plastic but sells more than other great Android Smartphones
35. abdane (Posts: 494; Member since: 07 Oct 2011)
you either get plastic (polycarbonate) and removable battery, or you get an aluminum back and non removable battery, i prefer the 1st choice, dunno about you guys :P
53. SleepingOz (unregistered)
I'd rather have good signals reception and NFC than a supposedly "premium" feel( dented, scratched, bent aluminium and cracked, shattered glass).
137. yudi.nemesis (Posts: 1127; Member since: 14 Mar 2013)
XPERIA V have removeable battery, micro sd, IP
rating, 4G and good battery life
if you want to know what sony can do with DUAL
CORE ON XPERIA V just see benchmark result and
compare with QUAD CORE GALAXY S3
with XPERIA V you can calling, chating, browsing, and playing games in heavy rain, swimming pool, or
XPERIA give you beauty, durability, and real
innovations and until this day only SONY is able to do
57. bparkerson (unregistered)
Samsung is great and all but anyone can download the features that are to be promoted. I don't see how this is a substantial selling point for the GS4. Who cares if it's "built in". If it's not, it can be added like LG is expected to do. I'm starting to see myself as a person who once was a fan of Samsung not a future fan. If I sound disappointed it's because I am...I really hope Samsung turns my attitude around after the GSIV unveiling tonight!
77. Retro-touch (Posts: 272; Member since: 24 Oct 2011)
They won't need to turn you around, there are plenty of people who buy the brand, Apple and Samsung are the highest quality products in everyone's eyes where I live, whether that's true or not doesn't matter
89. No_Nonsense (Posts: 826; Member since: 17 Aug 2012)
Of course they are. They are the most selling products primarily because there's a coolness factor with apple and a tendency to equate the apple experience for lesser with samsung. Others may have a better product, not necessarily in terms of specs, but it won't actually sell more than these two, at least this year.
90. anjel1708 (Posts: 27; Member since: 06 Mar 2013)
Best selling and highest quality are two different things. You can't add boom sound to the s4 or the ultra pixel. Just like bparkerson said you can add these features to another phone. Which will happen. Why choose S4??? Because everyone else will??? I will pass. I choose quality design.
129. SherlockHolmes (Posts: 125; Member since: 10 Apr 2012)
Absolutely true !!
Samsung has a Brand Name as it is in Numerous Products !!
And that's why it sell more than other companies as people see Samsung Around them !!
It is also a Big Company and can have plenty of Money for the Marketing all over the World !!
34. TheLibertine (Posts: 484; Member since: 15 Jan 2012)
I am the only one here who thinks the Galaxy series don't look that bad at all? They aren't looking iconic or award-winning, but somehow the rounded shapes grow on you, whilst together with light and durable polycarbonate and slickness they make auch an enormous phone better suited for practical use than petite metal/glass-beauties like the Nexus or iPhone.
62. SleepingOz (unregistered)
Haters like to exaggerate on tiny things like this 'coz that's the only point they've got actually. Hardware and software wise, Samsung is nearly flawless and they know that.
83. TheLibertine (Posts: 484; Member since: 15 Jan 2012)
And fanboys like to so the exact opposite by saying as you do. You all should just chill and choose the phone you personally like to compliment your lifestyle.
96. SleepingOz (unregistered)
Then can you please tell me what is false in my comment?
115. TheLibertine (Posts: 484; Member since: 15 Jan 2012)
It is not "nearly flawless". It is simply the (one of) the best on the market.
124. sbw44 (Posts: 433; Member since: 04 Dec 2012)
What makes it the best? because it sells the most?
128. TheLibertine (Posts: 484; Member since: 15 Jan 2012)
I said "one of the best". We don't even know yet, what this generation of Galaxy S is going to bring.
138. yudi.nemesis (Posts: 1127; Member since: 14 Mar 2013)
hahaha galaxy not bad at all the plastic maybe light but not durable go to androidauthority and see iphone5 vs galaxy s3 drop test and you'll see how bad the plastic on galaxy
if look sony for example the xperia have diffrent desaign every year
xperia arc, xperia s, xperia t, xperia z and xperia zl
thas what i call innovations in desaign
if you complain about removeable battrey you can buy xperia v
with only dual core xperia v beat quad core galaxy s3 on benchmark
xperia z is the champion benchmark with last year quad core SOC
Even good enough to compete with 2013 SOC device if you want real innovations just wait for next sony flagship
this is what samsung mobile chief j.k shin say ''Innovation is what will get consumers to
buy new devices''
40. cloud_atlas1991 (Posts: 61; Member since: 21 Dec 2012)
Seriously, I'm starting to hate these attention-seeking spoilers.
60. amiroo (Posts: 269; Member since: 03 Sep 2012)
oops whats inovation!!
boaring design and boaring ui..
if u put it beside ONE u can say esily i pick up one..
sense 5 is far better than this ui that i see..every thing is like 2 years ago..only item can open in new form..woowww!!inovation!!
but blink feed-htc zoe-ultrapixel camera-sense 5-bombastic sound and solid design and best build quality- excellent screen with ips3 - great battary..
i dont now how is happen in future for both of them but i hope people take a better choice not only victims for advertice.
66. SleepingOz (unregistered)
Blink feed = live tiles rip-off
Ultrapixel = fail
Boomsound = Galaxy Note 10 rip-off
Best build quality = loose buttons, aluminium prone to dents, scratches and bending
114. raunak (Posts: 507; Member since: 12 Oct 2011)
not every manufacturer uses cheap aluminium like apple.
119. dexter_jdr (Posts: 1163; Member since: 28 Jun 2012)
even the 3 year old nokia N8 is sturdier than the apple iphone5
121. darac (Posts: 2156; Member since: 17 Oct 2011)
Notice how often Samsung haters are so dumb and ignorant they can't even spell?
63. wp8forever (unregistered)
You guys been waiting for the next big thing lol you guys got the same old crap lol
70. SleepingOz (unregistered)
Same old crap? You talking about Nokia, right? Same brick since the N9.
69. DerryAhmad (Posts: 271; Member since: 05 May 2012)
The only word I can think of seeing the video is: Xperia Sola
74. atsamman (Posts: 74; Member since: 26 Sep 2012)
I gotta say samsung are really good when it comes to software features
But the design is almost the same and I dont see any noticeable difference in speed
I even think that whatever new software features that are coming with the s4 are gonna be also available in s3 once it gets a new update
86. niks0017 (Posts: 5; Member since: 06 Mar 2013)
see 2nd video @ 1:04 .. its dual sim phone../// s4 won't be dual sim.!
109. Eonnaydra (Posts: 217; Member since: 23 Oct 2012)
These features are useless and the UI looks like Android 2.3 Gingerbread.
What is innovative in this phone?S Voice ))) ?This ugly plastic?5 inch?
@I have S3 which is amazing,but in the next few months I am gonna buy the HTC One.No plastic anymore.
And removable battery for what?I pay more than 600 Euros on a phone to replace its battery?
130. SherlockHolmes (Posts: 125; Member since: 10 Apr 2012)
Seeing the Smoothness of the Web Browsing I think it is a Dual Core Phone !!
134. AnTuTu (Posts: 1575; Member since: 14 Oct 2012)
If this is the phone then I am so not getting this phone :(
HTC One here I come :(
135. chistoefurpuffer (Posts: 140; Member since: 11 Mar 2013)
It's kinda sad how some people exaggerate how "ugly" this phone is. No one would be saying that if the s3 and note 2 didn't exist.
2. _Bone_ (Posts: 2154; Member since: 29 Oct 2012)
These Chinese leaks are prototypes according to a Samsung insider on Sammobile, the final design will be revealed today. But it'a FingAirView all right, and I love it.
Note II users: can you set AirView function to instantaneous reaction like mouse?
6. MrJerry (Posts: 403; Member since: 05 Oct 2012)
I think so
But those features!!
30. voxmarc (Posts: 330; Member since: 22 Aug 2012)
no...sadly....but the trick is if i am using my note 2 that long it becomes faster and quick....
31. alila2 (Posts: 132; Member since: 01 Nov 2011)
Here is the statement as it appears on sammobile: According to our insider who gave us the first info on the Octa-Core and the PHOLED screen this is not the real deal. This is just one of the prototypes flying around and we know there are a few flying around of those. He told us to trust him. We will know if he was right tonight! And for some reason i believe it , because everybody forgot the official picture samsung had tweeted couple days ago it's totally different from this prototype .
3. _Bone_ (Posts: 2154; Member since: 29 Oct 2012)
BTW notice the warm colors on the screen, no cold AMOLED tinting, it looks gorgeous.
20. Diego! (Posts: 547; Member since: 15 Jun 2009)
I agree, the screen looks gorgeous! And those are cool features too! :D
27. Guest_star (Posts: 231; Member since: 30 Dec 2011)
the screen looks great, if it is OLED the whites and brightness are well lets just say fantastic :D and if it is LCD blacks are fantastic :D
4. richardyarrell2011 (banned) (Posts: 510; Member since: 16 Mar 2011)
Yes great prototype but features right on point no doubt.
5. Reverence (Posts: 224; Member since: 16 Jul 2012)
well now these features are useless! moving hands like an idiot, useless!
smart pause:SIMPLY TOUCH SCREEN!
up till now its a disappointment and its so disturbing to have a beast in plastic body...ugu!
10. MrJerry (Posts: 403; Member since: 05 Oct 2012)
I have nothing to say how ignorant you are
Not only are those features useful itself, but also they will let the developers have a lot of ideas for their future applications
125. nastynaps (Posts: 93; Member since: 16 Aug 2011)
It's unfair to call someone ignorant over not being impressed by these features. On it's face these seem like nothing more than gimmicks. We'll have to wait and see what developers do with these features. Specs are comparable to the HTC One and comes in an uglier package as far as these preliminary pics seem to demonstrate. It's just too early to judge but my kneejerk reaction says the HTC One is the way to go.
33. voxmarc (Posts: 330; Member since: 22 Aug 2012)
can your phone do that,,,,i guess the only innovation your phone has is the built in which the manufacturer paid too much attention,because they know that somehow in someway there are dumb people like you.who only knows that if a phone is goodlooking they can be called innovation....sorry for you but we love features.....future is here.
51. rgxVOiD (Posts: 440; Member since: 30 Aug 2012)
"Future is here", you mean last year?
72. voxmarc (Posts: 330; Member since: 22 Aug 2012)
doesthis thing float images?...or just highlights...relying on other news and reviews have you tried it?...no..
sola only hightlights text and news headers...it doesnt float images or text....see the difference....and why sony did not include in their So called flagship?because they sucks bigtime...and the floating images or airview is licensed to SAMMY...your sola is just plain Floating Highlighter...it doesnt float subjects or contents...ever wonder why sony did not sue sammy on airview...because they own it...sola float is different and dumb.
80. rgxVOiD (Posts: 440; Member since: 30 Aug 2012)
Why didn't Sony sue Sammy on AirView? Because its a feature that's already in the default Android Gallery since Gingerbread, 2 finger pinching a picture.
I rely on other news, so what? They're trust able source and not s**t that's coming out of your mouth.
94. voxmarc (Posts: 330; Member since: 22 Aug 2012)
man your funny...obviously you dunno what your talking about.. since gingerbread get outta here...dumb,,,how does airview related to 2 finger zoom?GB doesnt have airview and 2 F zooming is DIFFERENTTTTTTTTTTTTTT..Airview is Samsung Proprietary feature introduce in Note 2..and you know nothing SonyBOY.....hahahahahhahaaaaaaaa....read more man.,all the s**t that coming out my mouth is facts...and you?
110. voxmarc (Posts: 330; Member since: 22 Aug 2012)
same thing 2 finger zoom...you use 2 F to zoom in and out...escapegoat...or shall we say pinch to zoom...