Monsters from Asia: the impossibly-cheap IUNI U2 and its aluminum body
9 August Monsters from Asia: the $225 (Lenovo) ZUK Z2 Rio Edition is the cheapest Snapdragon 820 phone
29 June Monsters from Asia: the newly announced Sharp Aquos mini is a compact powerhouse
17 June Monsters from Asia: the Meitu V4s is an edge in a round world
18 May Monsters from Asia: the Aquos Zeta SH-04H is Sharp's summer pitch
11 March Monsters from Asia: The Bluboo Picasso is an obscure, but very well-done, ultra-budget 5-incher
1. DogeShibe (Posts: 1113; Member since: 10 Jan 2014)
These are just great. Root and throw in custom Roms and boom! You get a flagship device impossibly cheap!
22. thartist (Posts: 42; Member since: 14 Jul 2014)
Mmm oookkk, price is killer but... Chinese. 4.3 skinned and probably never gonna see KitKat or Lollipop nor a custom Recovery or ROMs... I can't deal with that.
24. DogeShibe (Posts: 1113; Member since: 10 Jan 2014)
What are you talking about?
Even Xiaomi Redmi 1S got KitKat via Cyanogenmod.
2. AndroidLollipop (unregistered)
How to pronounce this? IUNI
4. apple4never (Posts: 1064; Member since: 08 May 2013)
i always thought its like uni or e-uni kinda like xiaomi is pronounced shoowmi
6. DogeShibe (Posts: 1113; Member since: 10 Jan 2014)
Maybe i-uni? (uni like the one in unique)
That's how i pronounce it!
HugoBarraCyanogenmod should help us!
3. duartix (Posts: 293; Member since: 01 Apr 2014)
Spectacular price for the specs, but should have been made smaler. Too much wasted space that is not screen real estate.
5. realjjj (Posts: 368; Member since: 28 Jan 2014)
In Europe Allview is about to start selling it as a rebrand.
Iuni is a Gionee brand and Blu has some Gionee rebrands too so maybe they could bring it to the US at some point.
7. Bertelgeus (banned) (Posts: 126; Member since: 15 Oct 2014)
Beauty of Android: it's cheap, and it also has to be.
18. Bondurant (Posts: 426; Member since: 04 Jun 2014)
Android just IS. That's the beauty of Android. Just is.
8. gaara6775 (Posts: 738; Member since: 20 May 2014)
Reminds me of my M7. I liked the color.
And still better design than many leading OEM's.
9. ferretsama (Posts: 32; Member since: 27 Nov 2014)
it looks like the combination of HTC One M7 and Sony Xperia P
12. itsdeepak4u2000 (Posts: 3718; Member since: 03 Nov 2012)
Whoah!!! What a price for those specs even Xiaomi falls behind.
13. networkdood (Posts: 6330; Member since: 31 Mar 2010)
The word 'monster' is not referring to the screen size, obviously...
15. drsolom (Posts: 2; Member since: 27 Nov 2014)
where to find it with 160 $
give me supplier link .sure trusted one only
16. rowdysheeter (Posts: 74; Member since: 10 Sep 2014)
In the ancient times, Europeans used think of east as a land of monsters, with one eye or no head and a eye in the chest, ants that dig gold and so on. In the 21st century, the legacy continues. Only the objects have changed, the language and the perspective remains. talk of decolonization. Thanks pa!
17. mrblah (Posts: 576; Member since: 22 Jan 2013)
What a deal! I'm going to sell my moms siii mini and get one of these for her.
19. Tziggy14 (Posts: 443; Member since: 02 Sep 2014)
China doesn't know the concept of design. The interface is ugly.
20. Medicdroid1 (Posts: 12; Member since: 12 Dec 2013)
Where can you find this to buy? I've looked and can't find a website for this company.
25. Lifengineer (Posts: 44; Member since: 15 Dec 2011)
The website is there!www.iuni.com
You can buy it from aliexpress!
21. gigaraga (Posts: 1454; Member since: 29 Mar 2013)
Specs look decent and price amazing, but it's another phone designed by the Chinese and made by the Chinese so I'll skip on this despite the price.
26. poptart (Posts: 45; Member since: 28 Nov 2014)
Don't dismiss Chinese phones just because. I am a US reseller of these flagship phones and they all perform admirably and my customers come away very satisfied.
27. mloudt (Posts: 16; Member since: 14 Nov 2014)
I resell phones also. And looking to get decent phones also and resell to make a lil profit while at the same time saving people from paying samsung lg and apple flagship prices. Most unlock phones we see in America is Blu so I would love to get some of these brands I see on here like Neo Oppo Xiaomi this one and other cheap ones if the good quality. I remember back a few years ago I bought a Chinese clone you know the cheap ones that mention high specs but have bad camera quality and bad overall color scheme on the phone. Kind of like we see with cheap samsung flagship knock offs. Do you know if these brands on here don't have that problem?
23. dimas (Posts: 2122; Member since: 22 Jul 2014)
They don't have international release so it will just be another dream phone for non chinese consumers.
28. poptart (Posts: 45; Member since: 28 Nov 2014)
The phone mentioned here can go for to toe with those other guys. I would be wary of thl and zopo as they are lower spec phones and embellish many of their specs. Bbk phones which is the parent company of Vivo oppo and one plus one is probably the best you can buy as phonea as those are made for the us market with 4g lte compatibility. Xiaomi is strong as well but do not offer lte. Their miui os is the most robust of all and that is why they have yet to crack the us market. They are a direct competitor to Google and they know it will be next to impossible to knock Google from the top in the western hemisphere. Vivo are the priciest yet offer the best smartphones in the world money can buy. Jiayu is another company that sells decent phones. Inew, iocean and cubot are all phones that resell really well for the price and quality build. Good luck
29. mloudt (Posts: 16; Member since: 14 Nov 2014)
thanks and as for zoppo its not that bad my mom got one that is about two years old using with att network its a mid ranger with dual sim slows but its basically built like a htc which is taiwan like u said but its an ok brand.