Microsoft: Major Windows Phone update coming during 2013 holidays
Now that we have an idea when the update will be taking place, it might mean that those hoping to see the next high end Windows Phone model from Nokia will have to wait until the holiday season. Just the other day, we passed along to you the word from Greg Sullivan that Windows Phone 8 does have "an upgrade path going forward." Unlike Windows Phone 7, which had a rather rigid set of hardware requirements, Windows Phone 8 is more flexible. Sullivan also added that the Redmond based company is following a new policy which he calls a "shut up and ship" philosophy where the company doesn't release information about a product well in advance of its launch.
source: MicrosoftCareers via WMPoweruser
1. -box- posted on 03 Mar 2013, 15:54 10
Oh good, something to look forward to when my upgrade rolls around. Lumia 940 perhaps?
2. hiBreed posted on 03 Mar 2013, 15:55 10
Makes me wanna love microsoft again (evil possession) o_0
7. phil2n posted on 03 Mar 2013, 19:26 2
Hoping for Quad core and Octa core phone even though WP doesn't need it.
3. akki20892 posted on 03 Mar 2013, 16:16 10
can't wait.....WP is getting better and better time by time.....!!!
14. tusshharish posted on 03 Mar 2013, 22:42 2
may be nokia gonna introduce this update with their new flagship...............
5. UrbanPhantom posted on 03 Mar 2013, 17:16 4
This is exactly what Microsoft needs to be doing: advancing and tweaking WP8 OS, in order to make it more appealing on a wider scale, and give customers the impression they are serious about competing in the mobile world.
6. UrbanPhantom posted on 03 Mar 2013, 18:34 3
Oh look, somebody disapproves. Let me write the reverse: this is not what Microsoft should be doing: improving and tweaking WP8 OS, and they should not make it appeal on a wider scale, or give customers the impression they are serious about competing in the mobile world.
Happy? Dumbass ;o)
8. StopTheilluminati (banned) posted on 03 Mar 2013, 19:28 2
I hope it's actually a major update like Gingerbread 2.3 to Ice Cream Sandwitch 4.0
9. shuaibhere posted on 03 Mar 2013, 19:38 0
I don't think so..
It'll be am major update bit not like android 2.3 to 4.0...because wp 8 was huge update from wp7.5..this time it'll not be that big...
12. StopTheilluminati (banned) posted on 03 Mar 2013, 20:51 0
Then the update will be like Android 4.1 to 4.2 .
13. jedpatrickdatu posted on 03 Mar 2013, 21:40 0
I hope the next Lumia flagship will be called 930 instead of 940. Nokia's going to run out of model numbers too soon if they keep up with the +20 naming scheme.
15. tigermcm posted on 03 Mar 2013, 23:21 1
sooo when we say during 2013 holidays......basically December right?????
19. rsxl5 posted on 04 Mar 2013, 11:38 0
The question is which year :)
I mean here how "long is the path" ;P
16. jove39 posted on 03 Mar 2013, 23:44 2
It's time for MS and partners to go for yearly updates for software and hardware...hope to see snapdragon 800 in new Nokia flagship.
21. volcano posted on 05 Mar 2013, 01:12 0
windowsphone 8 support up to 64 core CPU the only thing they need to allow is 1080p resolution
18. Shubham412302 posted on 04 Mar 2013, 07:52 1
waiting for nokia lumia phones with snapdragon 800 series