Microsoft: Major Windows Phone update coming during 2013 holidays
Now that we have an idea when the update will be taking place, it might mean that those hoping to see the next high end Windows Phone model from Nokia will have to wait until the holiday season. Just the other day, we passed along to you the word from Greg Sullivan that Windows Phone 8 does have "an upgrade path going forward." Unlike Windows Phone 7, which had a rather rigid set of hardware requirements, Windows Phone 8 is more flexible. Sullivan also added that the Redmond based company is following a new policy which he calls a "shut up and ship" philosophy where the company doesn't release information about a product well in advance of its launch.
source: MicrosoftCareers via WMPoweruser
1. -box- (Posts: 3534; Member since: 04 Jan 2012)
Oh good, something to look forward to when my upgrade rolls around. Lumia 940 perhaps?
2. hiBreed (Posts: 90; Member since: 29 May 2012)
Makes me wanna love microsoft again (evil possession) o_0
7. phil2n (Posts: 466; Member since: 30 Apr 2012)
Hoping for Quad core and Octa core phone even though WP doesn't need it.
3. akki20892 (Posts: 2250; Member since: 04 Feb 2013)
can't wait.....WP is getting better and better time by time.....!!!
14. tusshharish (Posts: 324; Member since: 23 Oct 2012)
may be nokia gonna introduce this update with their new flagship...............
5. UrbanPhantom (Posts: 944; Member since: 30 Oct 2012)
This is exactly what Microsoft needs to be doing: advancing and tweaking WP8 OS, in order to make it more appealing on a wider scale, and give customers the impression they are serious about competing in the mobile world.
6. UrbanPhantom (Posts: 944; Member since: 30 Oct 2012)
Oh look, somebody disapproves. Let me write the reverse: this is not what Microsoft should be doing: improving and tweaking WP8 OS, and they should not make it appeal on a wider scale, or give customers the impression they are serious about competing in the mobile world.
Happy? Dumbass ;o)
8. StopTheilluminati (banned) (Posts: 8; Member since: 03 Mar 2013)
I hope it's actually a major update like Gingerbread 2.3 to Ice Cream Sandwitch 4.0
9. shuaibhere (Posts: 684; Member since: 07 Jul 2012)
I don't think so..
It'll be am major update bit not like android 2.3 to 4.0...because wp 8 was huge update from wp7.5..this time it'll not be that big...
12. StopTheilluminati (banned) (Posts: 8; Member since: 03 Mar 2013)
Then the update will be like Android 4.1 to 4.2 .
13. jedpatrickdatu (Posts: 145; Member since: 24 Jan 2013)
I hope the next Lumia flagship will be called 930 instead of 940. Nokia's going to run out of model numbers too soon if they keep up with the +20 naming scheme.
15. tigermcm (Posts: 595; Member since: 02 Sep 2009)
sooo when we say during 2013 holidays......basically December right?????
19. rsxl5 (Posts: 64; Member since: 05 Sep 2012)
The question is which year :)
I mean here how "long is the path" ;P
16. jove39 (Posts: 1194; Member since: 18 Oct 2011)
It's time for MS and partners to go for yearly updates for software and hardware...hope to see snapdragon 800 in new Nokia flagship.
21. volcano (Posts: 220; Member since: 25 Jan 2013)
windowsphone 8 support up to 64 core CPU the only thing they need to allow is 1080p resolution
18. Shubham412302 (Posts: 292; Member since: 09 Nov 2011)
waiting for nokia lumia phones with snapdragon 800 series