Intel planning to show off more dual-core Android handsets at MWC
3. D_Tech-tive (Posts: 104; Member since: 12 Feb 2012)
More chip options will mean more competitiveness between manufacturers.
7. MC1123 (Posts: 1255; Member since: 12 Nov 2012)
i know right! but i dont know why the brains of people here dont think the same on mobile platform? we'll still see a lot of new platform this year, sailfish, firefox, tizen, open webOS and ubuntu!
the fact that they are all linux-base!
its linux time baby!!!
4. HDShatter (Posts: 1021; Member since: 17 Jan 2013)
I wonder how these stack up againist an exynos 5 quad core.
5. aokde (Posts: 186; Member since: 09 Jul 2012)
Why the hell do you want to see how a low-end processor stacks up against a high-end one O.o
9. MC1123 (Posts: 1255; Member since: 12 Nov 2012)
but vendors who use intel chips are expensive for its price.. but i do agree about your statement though
8. MC1123 (Posts: 1255; Member since: 12 Nov 2012)
that exynos 5 is nothing but just a show off and pure commercial, lets see if it can handle snapdragon 800!
6. SuperNexus (Posts: 127; Member since: 18 Jan 2013)
Intel chips are quite good too, I am looking forward to it.
10. TylerGrunter (Posts: 1515; Member since: 16 Feb 2012)
Michael, can you check your article?
As far as I know the Z2580 is the dual core, dual core GPU one.
The Z2420 is single core CPU/ single core GPU cheap Atom.
Or there is now a 5th Atom mobile chip I'm not aware of ?
11. MichaelHeller (Posts: 2701; Member since: 26 May 2011)
Sorry, forgot three crucial words. It should have read that Intel is planning to show off "a new dual-core, dual graphics chip, as well as the Z2420". All fixed now, thanks for the catch!
12. Kal-el (Posts: 93; Member since: 14 Dec 2012)
Umm octo is nothing great...innovative none the less but have 4 chips to high performance and another 4 for low.....meaning that chips have no versatility in performance...intel has Hyper-threading which is CRUCIAL for a good integration and Amazing response time and transfer rate between chips-gpu-ram and OS....i have the Note 2 which is quad but i'm guessing the dual core intel will be as performance based as quad if not more...and more battery efficient in standby/low performance .....example i5 core in laptop doesn't run at 3.0ghz the entire time it has that power but...it drops to 1.7-1.8ghz when not needed . So intel lenovo k900 looks extremely promising