How to stop those annoying emergency alerts on your Verizon or Sprint Samsung Galaxy S III
1. ibap (Posts: 650; Member since: 09 Sep 2009)
The real issue here is the lack of an app like the old Watchflag app for previous generation Windows phones. Why is there no built-in way to control alerts based on message content? Tasker will let you do it, but that's a complex approach to a simple problem. Other apps I've tried haven't worked.
2. khmer (Posts: 88; Member since: 21 Jun 2012)
Thank you very much for your instructions now I can disable all those noisy alerts.
3. Fallout09 (Posts: 397; Member since: 17 Oct 2011)
Anybody know how to disable to HTC products? Those alerts so annoying that it makes me want to punch a baby!
5. JC557 (Posts: 640; Member since: 07 Dec 2011)
It should be the same way. Just go into the message app settings and look for emergency alerts.
4. rallyguy (Posts: 364; Member since: 13 Mar 2012)
Too bad these settings aren't on my GN. I prefer not to have any. Chances are the news will be reporting a terrorist attack about 10 hours before I receive any text msg. If it happens anywhere close to me I'm sure I'll find out about it instantly.
6. codymws (Posts: 235; Member since: 17 Jun 2010)
I have the notifications enabled on my Droid Charge, but I haven't even gotten any yet.