Google Ears is a Shazam- or SoundHound-like service, which analyzes the music coming from your surroundings and tells you the artist and name of the song, as well as some other info about it. Among other things, it also let's you buy the song quickly, if it's available on the Google Play Store. So, in case Shazam or SoundHound don't cut it for you anymore, feel free to read our guide on how to get Google Ears on your Android phone or tablet right away...
1. As with most such guides, you'll first have to begin by downloading the necessary stuff, which includes the Google Ears app apk and a file browser like ES File Explorer.
2. Once you've downloaded the Google Ears apk, you need to copy it over to your device's internal storage, in case you didn't download it with your phone.
3. Do check that you have the allowed the installation of apps from unknown sources. This option is usually in Settings -> Applications, or Settings -> Security.
4. Install the application by navigating to its location using the file explorer and launching the .apk file.
5. The only thing left to do now is to restart your device. Once it boots up, your Google Ears will be ready to go.
6. To make things really convenient, you can place your new Google Sound Search widget on your homescreen for faster access to the service.
Don't forget to share your thoughts about this Shazam/SoundHound rival here after you give it a try!