First Samsung Galaxy S5 promo video appears
1. PapaSmurf (Posts: 10457; Member since: 14 May 2012)
Just give me the phone already. Waiting a month is going to be hard. :/
The video was great nonetheless, and liked how it showed what had improved rather just a spec list.
31. SAYED-EJAZ (Posts: 225; Member since: 10 Oct 2013)
I saw a best comment from gsmarena, the comment is as follows .
" Let me share my past experience.
I upgraded from Lumia 820 to Galaxy S4.
When I had Lumia 820 , I was like "Who needs a 1080p display and 13MP camera ? I like 4.3 inch screen on my 820 , its good enough for me , screen is also awesome , I don't find anything wrong with it"
I bought Galaxy S4 (mainly because I didn't like WP) and used it for like 2 months.
Galaxy S4 literally spoiled me in those 2 months.I didn't use 820 until 2 months later.
Then my thoughts were :
"Aghh look at that 480p AMOLED display on my old 820 , it sucks , Camera also not very good as my GS4 , Screen is also too small , very big bezels , its also not as good as I felt before"
I had same experience with Retina Displays too.
Galaxy S5 is better than Galaxy S4.
Galaxy S4 is better than Galaxy S3.
If you have money , upgrading is good , if you don't want to waste money , then stay with current hardware. "
37. __0__ (banned) (Posts: 242; Member since: 07 Jan 2014)
Sure the camera is impressive , but many of the features here like download boaster , the new UI and battery saving mode could be ported to my awesome note 3.
24. MarkArigayo (Posts: 240; Member since: 18 Dec 2013)
You can see its design with huge side bezel. The physical button at the bottom line along with two capacitive keys make the S5 look like an enlarged S3.
Wait, any lags on its newer touchwiz can't help S5 any better than S3. Lol.
3. ifti313 (Posts: 16; Member since: 08 Jun 2013)
I cant wait to buy...no matter how much u criticse it...it gonna sell in millions...lol...I love d features...s5♡
4. LiyanaBG (Posts: 381; Member since: 07 Nov 2013)
the way you talk say's you work at samsung.
6. PapaSmurf (Posts: 10457; Member since: 14 May 2012)
The way you talk says you're a complete hater.
8. LiyanaBG (Posts: 381; Member since: 07 Nov 2013)
you the samsung fanboy instead you love all android phones. you bad mouth all other brands that are not samsung i saw your comments for long time
9. PapaSmurf (Posts: 10457; Member since: 14 May 2012)
Check the phones I've owned in the past. Do you see HTC in the mix? Exactly. Bye!
13. MrTzr (unregistered)
You're the same about Sony phones, hypocrite. Stupid fanboy's.. (both Samsung and Sony fanboys). Both are great in their own way. Both pros and cons IMO are:
S5 over Z2
- Capacative buttons
- Removable battery
- Better camera software
- It reminds me of my great S2, which I lost (lol)
Z2 over S5
- 1/2,3" sensor
- Bigger battery
- Really nice looking UI
38. PapaSmurf (Posts: 10457; Member since: 14 May 2012)
There's a difference between hating a company and hating their disgusting UI. ;)
5. jexxx (Posts: 48; Member since: 23 Feb 2014)
To those bashing the s5 (mostly Sony fans), the z2 isn't exactly much of an upgrade from the z1/z1s either, it's really hard to tell the difference between the 2 anyway! Specs wise, the S5 and z2 are on equal footing, but hey, the s5 does more and has more features than your phone.
I must give it to Sony that the xperia Z series looks and feel pretty good. Might be nicer if you're showcasing your phone in a museum.
7. PapaSmurf (Posts: 10457; Member since: 14 May 2012)
Don't tell them that. You'll get bashed for being 'a fanboy' simply because you disagree with what they say.
10. zuckerboy (banned) (Posts: 898; Member since: 22 Dec 2011)
I dont use thhose 'features' in daily usaga for example air wiew , hovering gestures , and so on... s5 does more but it is not a valid difference for me I think they should gather good design team and they need to get rid of gimmicky 'features'
12. jexxx (Posts: 48; Member since: 23 Feb 2014)
The s5 has some great features especially in the camera. And I like the s - health app too.
29. zuckerboy (banned) (Posts: 898; Member since: 22 Dec 2011)
s4 also has s health app. z2 has camera features too
20. rueleonheart (Posts: 20; Member since: 24 Feb 2014)
You can turn those off. I will probably turn off fingerprint scanner as well. I just think they somehow drain the battery faster.
11. Killua (Posts: 270; Member since: 25 Nov 2013)
Download Booster is a feature to wish for ..
26. joey_sfb (Posts: 5822; Member since: 29 Mar 2012)
All their new features are cool. Did those haters actually watch the promo video? Lol!
So funny if they do. Hahaha!!
18. peacekeeper05 (Posts: 33; Member since: 23 Apr 2012)
Very nice ad. Can't wait to buy the phone together with the Galaxy Fit come April.
19. rueleonheart (Posts: 20; Member since: 24 Feb 2014)
Hey PapaSmurf, since you are a Samsung expert, could you tell me if S5 will have the same problem as the S4 wherein the chrome paint on the phone's frame peels off? That is my major turn off right now plus the missing FM radio support (but I can live with that).