Creepy: Moscow outfitting metro stations with SIM card snooping machines
1. McLTE (Posts: 804; Member since: 18 Oct 2011)
On one hand this is awesome.. what a great way to thwart cell phone theft! Very very good deterrent.
On the other hand.. it's obvious, wide spread snooping is not good.
Hopefully there can be some way to restrict the 'snooping" to just stolen phones. Large cities like Moscow/NY/LA, need a way to combat the insane rise in cell phone theft.
At least Moscow is doing SOMETHING.
2. donfem (Posts: 618; Member since: 30 Mar 2011)
But here in the States, government is criticised for the same. A tale of two worlds.
3. Muzhhur (Posts: 258; Member since: 14 Sep 2012)
I disagree with those politics, any way they made their own rules, so be aware if you are in Rusia
4. marbovo (Posts: 658; Member since: 16 May 2013)
Russion does not have Google, Microsoft or Apple to tell(spy) the government where the people are, so they have to do that...
6. AfterShock (Posts: 3698; Member since: 02 Nov 2012)
Do carriers not shut down stolen SIMs?
This makes little sense to me