BlackBerry Messenger to hit Android and iOS June 27th (or not)
12. buccob (Posts: 1566; Member since: 19 Jun 2012)
thats nice... but since the majority of the world (including myself) uses Android... iMessage is only good for about 25% of my contact list... the rest of us uses:
Whatsapp rules... (even though its a bit crappy on iOS)
then there is Hangouts (gTalk was better)
and then Viber is getting tracktion...
all of those are multi-platform
nice to have another option though
13. protozeloz (Posts: 5381; Member since: 16 Sep 2010)
Problem is imessage is not a cross platform service
16. jroc74 (Posts: 5192; Member since: 30 Dec 2010)
Dont bother trying to introduce logic to that guy....
You made an excellent point.
21. SlimSoulja86 (Posts: 642; Member since: 03 Nov 2011)
Not everyone whos in my life, uses an iphone. Only a fraction of my friends n family have itoys like me, most of them uses BlackBerry (by d way im frm South Africa, wher most ppl prefer BB bcos u save on data charges, data is still very very expensive here), so i hardly use iMessage
2. msa1988 (Posts: 417; Member since: 30 Mar 2010)
BBM is going to hit all platforms before Viber hits BB10. RIP Viber, we're all going elsewhere.
4. aco96 (Posts: 212; Member since: 12 Oct 2012)
I won't be alive when calling feature on Viber hits Symbian xD
6. dan86 (Posts: 298; Member since: 17 Mar 2012)
My deepest sympathy to those who thought BBM is a exclusive privilgage only to Blackberry users.
8. cfprelude (Posts: 119; Member since: 27 Oct 2011)
anyone know if bbm can send video files and pics better than android native app? similar to how imessage reduces resolution/file size automatically....? this would be huge now that it will be a crossfunctional application!!!
9. ideal_josh (Posts: 29; Member since: 26 Nov 2012)
I recently stopped using a Blackberry and yes it reduces pictures, to a bit toooo low on quality to like 25kb. and videos do no reduce quality or convert. plus u can also send songs. And You cannot send a file more than 10mb or so. Hope I helped
17. x78_nothing (Posts: 53; Member since: 07 Feb 2013)
with BB10 (Z10/Q10) you can tap HQ icon request for High Quality so it doesn't reduces the quality
19. pixelado (Posts: 130; Member since: 16 Feb 2013)
So it kind of sucks when compared to WhatsApp?
heh, that was kind of unexpected.
22. x78_nothing (Posts: 53; Member since: 07 Feb 2013)
i rarely use WA on my Z10, less secure and no screen share feature, no channel..
11. Hashimz (Posts: 5; Member since: 12 Sep 2012)
Is this some kind of a sick joke!BBM..no way.we are satisfied with what we have.both iOS and android.
18. x78_nothing (Posts: 53; Member since: 07 Feb 2013)
around 36% of android users still stuck on GB, only 27% on JB. BBM only works on Android 4.0/1 or above or IOS 6 or above.
20. pixelado (Posts: 130; Member since: 16 Feb 2013)
You forgot ICS user who also get to use this.
Not that it matters much, most other messaging alternatives run on GB just fine, so I doubt Android users will be missing out anything of great importance.
23. tjourney2006 (Posts: 1; Member since: 07 Jun 2013)
Don't put that garbage on my phone. blackberry blows