Apple supposedly testing 2K and 4K resolution 12.9" tablet panels for device launch in the spring
1. eisenbricher (Posts: 973; Member since: 09 Aug 2012)
Apple makes good hardware no doubts about it. Only if they make their OS a little more functional.. their desktop OS is fine but iOS still lacks a lot.
2. emadshiny (Posts: 1144; Member since: 05 Dec 2012)
Apple must optimize iOS7 for its tablets, as it is more a mobile OS than a tablet one.
If they do this and add some extra features their iPad will become flawless.
11. androiphone20 (Posts: 1654; Member since: 10 Jul 2013)
"optimize iOS7 for their tablets" wow, I wonder what is THAT supposed to mean
12. PapaSmurf (Posts: 10456; Member since: 14 May 2012)
To make it optimized for a larger screen. Are you stupid?
14. androiphone20 (Posts: 1654; Member since: 10 Jul 2013)
No I'm not cuz iOS7 is already optimised for ipads, heck, ipads also have a dedicated app store... *yawns* you're messed up I can tell
20. euklidis (Posts: 29; Member since: 08 Oct 2013)
also in the drawer they have only 4x4 icons... great optimization. hahahahahahah imagine 4k with 4x4 icons. that would be something. Dude it is not optimized for tablets. Working on tablets yes, optimized? hell no
15. androiphone20 (Posts: 1654; Member since: 10 Jul 2013)
"Apple must optimize iOS7 for its
tablets" really? do you really have to try this hard? good try but try a little harder to get back at me next time :P
3. Hyperu71 (Posts: 13; Member since: 19 Nov 2013)
Does anyone else think that after a certain point more resolution, even on a HUGE 13" screen is just bragging rights? I mean, you're doing good if you can see pixels when the density is only 250dpi or so. Apple is driving me crazy lately. They're sticking to their thinner, lighter, faster mantra, but doing very little else. Yawn.
7. superduper (Posts: 151; Member since: 20 Oct 2013)
Thinner, lighter, faster sounds pretty good to me. Better than thicker, heavier, slower for sure!!
8. androiphone20 (Posts: 1654; Member since: 10 Jul 2013)
You can never change things by fighting the existing reality
5. Finalflash (Posts: 3109; Member since: 23 Jul 2013)
If any of this is even remotely true then this might actually be Apple's year. Hopefully they go all out for once instead of cutting corners here or there. This would also be pretty diabolical of them seeing as how this releases end of 2014 just after their share buyback promise ends. Excellent time for a full reinvigorating after buying back all the shares they can at the lowest price of their stock possible.
6. aayupanday (Posts: 574; Member since: 28 Jun 2012)
The back panel of this device will get hot enough to prepare an omlette....
9. androiphone20 (Posts: 1654; Member since: 10 Jul 2013)
If this really is an ipad pro then it's really going to live up to its name
13. scriptwriter (Posts: 396; Member since: 13 Nov 2012)
Price? More than anyone with a soul is willing to pay
17. Tuxedo (Posts: 346; Member since: 19 Mar 2013)
I hope they allow some sort of desktop mode where the device could switch to OS X compiled for ARM. A lot of useful things would come along with that. Add bluetooth kb,mouse, and boom... mobile workstation.
21. Hyperu71 (Posts: 13; Member since: 19 Nov 2013)
Heck, Surface2 or RT is nearly that. But yeah, for sure the Pro, or any of the other Windows 8.1 tablets.
22. Hyperu71 (Posts: 13; Member since: 19 Nov 2013)
My original point still stands. Sure make an iPad Pro with higher resolution, so it's "better" than the standard iPad. That makes sense. But can you see the difference? No. Resolution is good now, let's work on color accuracy, battery life, etc. Unless they want to do 3D I don't see how any new screens will add anything at all to the experience.
23. aahmed215 (Posts: 165; Member since: 18 Jun 2012)
Didn't Apple claim that the Retina Display is the most the human eye can perceive? So what's the point of putting a 4K resolution on a small device? It just seems a bit unecessary and a battery drain.