Apple iPad 5 to be just 7.35 mm thin, making it third of all tablets
5. rantao333 (Posts: 304; Member since: 21 May 2013)
congrats for typing 2764th times for the word "innovation"
2. sri_tech (Posts: 188; Member since: 21 May 2013)
This time it will be all about how thinner and lighter it is.
4. bigstrudel (Posts: 518; Member since: 20 Aug 2012)
Is using a light 10 inch tablet more comfortable than using a heavier one? Of course it is.
6. Finalflash (Posts: 2134; Member since: 23 Jul 2013)
Yea, I can so not tolerate that 10g and 2mm more. It feels like I'm holding a brick.
7. 90ninjas (unregistered)
Never fails to amaze me. Lol
3. Chaseism (Posts: 82; Member since: 08 May 2013)
I don't think anyone can deny that Apple's industrial design team is remarkable. But although hardware is great, I think we are waiting to see how the usability will advance. I won't lie, I doubt we will get a giant leap with this iPad iteration, other than Retina Display. iOS 8 is where that'll be. Still, I'll probably pick up an iPad mini 2...or whatever they'll call it.
14. power_x (Posts: 263; Member since: 28 Aug 2013)
i think you would be disappointed , no retina and touch id for the mini according to the latest photos
10. Penny (Posts: 1396; Member since: 04 Feb 2011)
I'm all for lightweight, but these devices are getting more uncomfortable to hold as we approach razor-thin territory. I guess they're designing them this way now with the expectation that we'll put on cases to protect the devices anyway, so grip/comfort isn't as much of a concern as thinness.
12. tedkord (Posts: 7190; Member since: 17 Jun 2009)
I'd gladly give back a few mm of thickness for double battery life. These are getting to thin to hold comfortably anyway.
15. nctx77 (Posts: 1004; Member since: 03 Sep 2013)
@tedkord: when it comes to smartphones, yes they are getting to thin. Tablets on the other hand need to get thinner. My ipad 4 was a tank, plus the sharp edges were uncomfortable after holding it for a while. I didn't like it in a case because of the added weight. The ipad 5 will solve both problems.