Apple actually thought of naming the iPhone "Tripod" or "Telepod"
1. lyndon420 (Posts: 2988; Member since: 11 Jul 2012)
This won't help the stock plunge sorry. They still suck.
3. rusticguy (Posts: 2828; Member since: 11 Aug 2012)
Good they didn't else all photographers would have been sued to death for using "Tripod" Really apple seems desperate now that S4 release date is nearing :D
Oh and basically they stole (Apple's forte) the name iPHONE :D
5. nikenturd (unregistered)
They will try to lure as much potential buyers as they can before the S4 release...I sense desperation
6. dwgit (Posts: 37; Member since: 24 Dec 2012)
Once s4 comes out watch out law suits typical icrap
4. nikenturd (unregistered)
Apple hitting the panic button with these avalanche of payola articles lately....
9. Nathan_ingx (Posts: 3152; Member since: 07 Mar 2012)
Can you imagine that? Tripod 4, Tripod 4S, Tripod Math... Tripod 3 would sound hopelessly funny.
8. Nathan_ingx (Posts: 3152; Member since: 07 Mar 2012)
i'M surprised they missed iHello and iHi.
10. MixMaster (Posts: 18; Member since: 09 Nov 2012)
I think that due to their signal reception issue with iphone 4 they should have also considered a range of models like: the 2011 iCanUhearMe , the 2012 iCanUhearMeNow followed by the 2013 flagship iHowAboutNow
11. MixMaster (Posts: 18; Member since: 09 Nov 2012)
...and last but not least: the 2014 iDon'tKnowWhatHappenedItJustDropedItMostDefinitelyIsYourPhone'sFault
12. blade19 (Posts: 60; Member since: 29 Apr 2011)
This may be a little off topic... sorry for that. I do somewhat recall that Apple also had to litigate with CISCO over the "iphone" name before it was released, in 2007. Because CISCO had the name for the VOIP phones, but I think they settled eventually.
18. darkkjedii (Posts: 15718; Member since: 05 Feb 2011)
Smart choice in naming an iconic phone.
21. InspectorGadget80 (Posts: 7040; Member since: 26 Mar 2011)
Telepod would be a better name. it would make their fans thinking their iphone will teleport lol.