Android 4.4.2 starts rolling out for Sony Xperia Z Ultra
The Sony Xperia Z Ultra features a 6.4 inch TFT screen with a resolution of 1080 x 1920 which works out to a pixel density of 342ppi. A quad-core 2.2GHz Snapdragon 800 CPU is under the hood with the Adreno 330 GPU supporting graphics. 2GB of RAM is on board along with 16GB of native storage (11GB of which is available to users). A 64GB microSD slot is available for those that need additional storage and the back and front-facing camera weigh in at 8MP and2MP respectively. A 3050mAh battery keeps the lights on, and the super-sized phablet has IP 58 certification giving it some protection against water and dust.
The update to Android 4.4.2 will bring improvements to boost the performance of the handset, offer faster multi-tasking, support for various cloud based storage providers and a full-screen mode for certain apps.
1. hafini_27 (Posts: 239; Member since: 31 Oct 2013)
And I was hoping my Z get kk first. Well, maybe it is near.
2. xperiaDROID (Posts: 5150; Member since: 08 Mar 2013)
Hey, no fair, Xperia Z is the one that helped Sony gained a lot of consumer's attraction and sales in the mobile world. So, Xperia Z should be the first to get updated to Android KitKat.
Come on, Sony...you should give junior Z a sweet KitKat first, big brother Z Ultra can get it later. ;)
5. emadshiny (Posts: 1127; Member since: 05 Dec 2012)
I don't mind getting my KitKat a little bit later if Sony give me all new software features that came with Z2 ;)
11. PapaSmurf (Posts: 7619; Member since: 14 May 2012)
They won't. They'll exclude features to make users jump to the Z2.
24. anleoflippy (Posts: 249; Member since: 03 Jan 2013)
My ZL has 4.3 and all the feauters that is on the Z1 is present.
6. ravivarma639 (Posts: 18; Member since: 15 Apr 2013)
yes frnd my z1 sony's flagship even lost in the race
3. serrano989 (Posts: 23; Member since: 02 Apr 2012)
I guess being a play edition phone helped with a faster release.
4. refillable (Posts: 590; Member since: 10 Mar 2014)
Waiting here for the intl' updatr...
Typing with a Z Ultra :).
7. StraightEdgeNexus (Posts: 2927; Member since: 14 Feb 2014)
Well its interesting to see how PA stresses 'TFT' in the article.
8. g2a5b0e (Posts: 2115; Member since: 08 Jun 2012)
How exactly is it stressed in the article? It's mentioned. Nothing about it emphasized any more than anything else in the article. It's amazing how you fanboys so easily makes mountains out of molehills.
20. InspectorGadget80 (Posts: 6191; Member since: 26 Mar 2011)
Thank you for making a point. i love my Z1 i could care less if its LCD LED NOR TFT or wtf u want to call it. it's 1080P full hd that's all i care as long i can see my screen that's the important thing.
9. emadshiny (Posts: 1127; Member since: 05 Dec 2012)
It's not important because ZU had the best screen among Sony flagships before Z2.
12. PapaSmurf (Posts: 7619; Member since: 14 May 2012)
No it didn't... Note 3 and Lumia 1520 have way better screens than the Z Ultra and you know that.
14. g2a5b0e (Posts: 2115; Member since: 08 Jun 2012)
He said among Sony flagships, which is true, but as your post suggests, that's not saying much.
16. Rydsmith (Posts: 114; Member since: 20 Jun 2012)
PapaSmurf has reading comprehension problems.
17. g2a5b0e (Posts: 2115; Member since: 08 Jun 2012)
Anyone could have made the mistake. I almost missed it myself.
18. romeo1 (Posts: 193; Member since: 06 Jan 2012)
1520 i have to see but the note 3? common don't make me laugh with its greenish whites?
from the side the note 3 is better but from the front it isn't did you ever seen the z ultra screen next to the note 3?
25. PapaSmurf (Posts: 7619; Member since: 14 May 2012)
I have, and the Note 3 is far superior.
27. romeo1 (Posts: 193; Member since: 06 Jan 2012)
In what way?
The ultra looks sharper has better colors has better whites and is bigger. but has a bit less good viewing angles (not bad at all) and the blacks are better but the whites are green on the note 3.
23. anleoflippy (Posts: 249; Member since: 03 Jan 2013)
He said among Sony flagships.
We all know the Z Ultra is superior to the Note 3 in "everyway".
28. refillable (Posts: 590; Member since: 10 Mar 2014)
Nope. The Z Ultra is a poor man's Note 3. The Note 3 is superior in many ways, especially the stylus. It lets a PC-like Usability (I knew that because I like the old Palm TX :)). However since the Z Ultra is $150 cheaper (well at least in my area, unlocked), the Z Ultra is also an option. As far as display goes, I am not a fan of those AMOLED displays so yes, The Sony one is maybe better. Although I can't confirm because I have never used a Note 3 Personally.
10. majp89 (Posts: 96; Member since: 18 Jun 2013)
Please release the update for the Z1 and fix this piece of crap touchscreen before I take a sledgehammer to my phone.
13. Phaze0085 (Posts: 99; Member since: 22 Sep 2011)
YES!!! I thought it wasnt going to start rolling out till April, but hopefully the one in the US will get it before then. I just checked PC Companion and it isnt there yet. So hopefully in a week or two itll show up. I hope it has a transparent launcher so I can start messing with other launchers.
19. InspectorGadget80 (Posts: 6191; Member since: 26 Mar 2011)
SONY is really kicking some a$$ with its updates.
21. JunBringer (Posts: 98; Member since: 01 Oct 2012)
Hasn't showed up on my Hong Kong version yet. Can't wait!
22. techperson211 (Posts: 493; Member since: 27 Feb 2014)
Waiting for kitkat update for z1 compact.