Motorola president quits, replacement named; first 2018 phones to be unveiled in April
This has been a challenging year so far for Motorola, as the manufacturer was forced to layoff an undisclosed number of employees. Back in November, analysts at BayStreet Research estimated that from its launch in August through October, only 145,000 Moto Z2 Force handsets were sold by the nation's top four wireless carriers. Considering that Motorola put a reported $200 million advertising campaign into the device, sales of the 2017 flagship did not get off to a good start.
Motorola also said that its first batch of 2018 handsets will be unveiled next month. That dovetails with previously leaked renders of some 2018 Motorola phones that show Tuesday, April 3rd on the screen. Additionally, we told you earlier today that the Moto G6 Plus has been certified by Taiwan's NCC regulatory agency which hints that the introduction of the Moto G6, Moto G6 Plus and Moto G6 Play could take place very soon.