The LG Prada 3.0, the third iteration to the collaboration between LG and Italian fashion label Prada, was not a secret by any means - it actually matched our expectations derived from earlier leaked out images
. But there’s nothing like an official confirmation and LG and Prada hold an event in London today dedicated to the unveiling of the new handset.
The LG Prada 3.0 is a differently designed handset and while it might not beat the latest Androids in hardware muscle, it’s still packs quite a punch plus it has got the stylish looks. The standard Android Gingerbread UI has been tweaked
with a simplistic skin with black, grey and white icons made to fit the perception of the Prada brand. It's also worth mentioning that this is the first Prada smartphone - all the previous handsets from the LG Prada series were feature phones.
Here are the technical details of the LG Prada 3.0:
- 4.3-inch NOVA display with WVGA resolution and 800 nit brightness,
- 1GHz TI OMAP4430 dual-core chip,
- 0.33-inch (8.5mm) thick body,
- 8-megapixel rear camera recording 1080p video, 1.3-megapixel front camera,
- 21Mbps HSPA+ connectivity, Wi-Fi a/b/g/n, Bluetooth 3.0, and an FM tuner.
Now, that design rework might not appeal to everyone, but it definitely makes the new Prada stand out in the crowd of Androids. Is it for good or for worse? It’s up to you to decide and you can do it in the comments below.