iPhone XS/XR Smart Battery Cases go official with Qi charging support
Much like the original case, this new one won’t be winning design awards any time soon. Nevertheless, they are certainly a big improvement over the previous version. Gone is the odd-looking island and in its place is a new bulge that extends to the bottom and sides and occupies three-quarters of the rear.
In addition to the new design, each Smart Battery Case also supports Qi wireless charging. This means that users can simultaneously charge both the case and their 2018 iPhone of choice to extend their battery life further. Speaking of which, this is how Apple rates each case:
- Smart Battery Case for iPhone XS: an extra 33 hours of talk time, 21 hours of internet use, and 25 hours of video playback.
- Smart Battery Case for iPhone XS Max: an extra 37 hours of talk time, 20 hours of internet use, and 25 hours of video playback.
- Smart Battery Case for iPhone XR: an extra 39 hours of talk time, 22 hours of internet use, and 27 hours of video playback.
All three Smart Battery Cases are available to purchase starting today at $129. Shipments begin this Friday, January 18.
Posts: 118; Member since: Jan 09, 2018
posted on Jan 15, 2019, 4:34 PM 6
Posts: 2335; Member since: Apr 15, 2016
posted on Jan 15, 2019, 5:14 PM 0
Posts: 1515; Member since: Jun 19, 2014
posted on Jan 16, 2019, 4:55 AM 0
Posts: 3446; Member since: Jul 22, 2014
posted on Jan 15, 2019, 8:33 PM 0
PhoneArena Comments Rules
A discussion is a place, where people can voice their opinion, no matter if it is positive, neutral or negative. However, when posting, one must stay true to the topic, and not just share some random thoughts, which are not directly related to the matter.
Things that are NOT allowed:
- Off-topic talk - you must stick to the subject of discussion
- Trolling - see a description
- Flame wars
- Offensive, hate speech - if you want to say something, say it politely
- Spam/Advertisements - these posts are deleted
- Multiple accounts - one person can have only one account
- Impersonations and offensive nicknames - these accounts get banned
Moderation is done by humans. We try to be as objective as possible and moderate with zero bias. If you think a post should be moderated - please, report it.
Have a question about the rules or why you have been moderated/limited/banned? Please, contact us.
Send a warning to post author
Send a warning to Selected user.
The user has 0 warnings currently.
Next warning will result in ban!
Ban user and delete all posts
Message to PhoneArena moderator (optional):