The liquid metal Turing Phone ditches Android for the Sailfish OS; will release in April
1. joey_sfb (Posts: 5741; Member since: 29 Mar 2012)
Good luck. Some people may value security and privacy above all else.
4. engineer-1701d (unregistered)
wow talk about wanting to fail. i was going to get this as back up but not anymore, love the design
9. Ashoaib (Posts: 3229; Member since: 15 Nov 2013)
I love the design too... beautiful piece... LG should make G5 like this
2. Punchy506 (Posts: 87; Member since: 10 Jan 2016)
Vaporware, another delayed release date for a 2014 chipset. By the time it reaches market (if it ever does) the 801 will be over 2 years old. That might be okay for a sub $300 phone but for $610? No way.
7. ibend (Posts: 4577; Member since: 30 Sep 2014)
thats why people should avoid any phone kickstarter... lol
this is what they get.. late deliveries, old spec, and some random OS as bonus..
did they will deliver update for those OS? lol
3. monoke (Posts: 340; Member since: 14 Mar 2015)
Hope it works out for both Turing and Jolla. Sailfish OS looks promising although I'll always have a soft spot for maemo/meego ui. its going to be tough though.
6. Johnnokia (Posts: 1093; Member since: 27 May 2012)
I doubt this is a legit company.
No official statement came from Jolla, and this company seems a scam just like Saygus
13. iLovesarcasm (Posts: 527; Member since: 20 Oct 2014)
Definitely a scam like Saygus and OnePlus.
8. Arthurhkt (Posts: 482; Member since: 19 Apr 2012)
Wait, for real? I am been waiting for a Sailfish OS powered by decent hardware.
15. JumpinJackROMFlash (Posts: 450; Member since: 10 Dec 2014)
Then I guess you'll have to wait a bit longer as this will most likely never come to fruition + it's not really decent hardware anymore.
16. Baracus (Posts: 223; Member since: 15 Sep 2012)
Usually when anyone says "I'm on the selfish OS" everyone knows that means IOS.
But now you have to explain that no it's actually "Sailfish OS"
21. monoke (Posts: 340; Member since: 14 Mar 2015)
This phone will go well with my lamborghini! yeah right.