Sony i1 Honami will capture 4K video with its 20MP camera, spy shot confirms
1. xperiaDROID (banned) (Posts: 5629; Member since: 08 Mar 2013)
Experience the best of quality in a Sony smartphone. :)
2. james004 (Posts: 486; Member since: 15 May 2013)
forget that amazing camera, the sensor in this phone is barely a little bigger than HTC One camera.
Why not just go for any other phone, since this is just on par and no more.
this is what we were told- 1/1.6 and now its just 1/2.3
4. xperiaDROID (banned) (Posts: 5629; Member since: 08 Mar 2013)
No matter how big the sensor is, we should wait for the official photos/videos taken by the Sony Honami before judging it.
7. PapaSmurf (Posts: 8922; Member since: 14 May 2012)
Expectations aren't high and wouldn't be surprised if it doesn't match the 1020.
11. james004 (Posts: 486; Member since: 15 May 2013)
i hate all those nokia-fans who without thinking just woot for 1020.
but as of now honami, after previous leak of actual sensor size. i would say its best to not put honami and 1020 in same sentence.
1020 quality cant be compared let alone touched
15. PapaSmurf (Posts: 8922; Member since: 14 May 2012)
You think I'm a Nokia fan? Lmfao Samsung and Apple all day, although HTC isn't that bad either.
17. james004 (Posts: 486; Member since: 15 May 2013)
no no i said that so i dont come off as those fan boys. just saying whats right here. sony is making great phones lately but nokia has got an upper hand on camera.
btw how the hex do you manage to be samsung and apple fan togather?
oh i get it, they both have one common ground. they are stuborn companies :p ... joking.
22. Commentator (Posts: 2494; Member since: 16 Aug 2011)
Nobody (except the entire PA editorial staff, apparently) ever expected this camera to compete with the 1020. This is simply Sony's Fall-Winter flagship. Nobody ever called the S4 a "camera-centric" phone when it jumped from 8Mpx to 13Mpx. I don't get what all the fuss is about the camera...
29. mariosuneo4 (banned) (Posts: 75; Member since: 07 Aug 2013)
you are not a Sony fan
but still u care so much for Sony
its shows how curious u r man
get some BRICKS(lumia) and use it as paper weight
46. james004 (Posts: 486; Member since: 15 May 2013)
i love sony and probably would buy this phone if the reviews are good.
but just pointing out the disappointment about the camera as it was so hyped up
61. skyline88 (Posts: 347; Member since: 15 Jul 2013)
nothing wrong with 1/2.3, most digital compact cameras are having the sensor of similar size
71. kobainez (Posts: 302; Member since: 13 Apr 2012)
This small 'sensor' is on par with lumia 1020 bigger sensor
77. omar300 (Posts: 193; Member since: 24 Jun 2012)
i really hope it is but as of now the rumored specs tell other story.
18. Lyngdoh (Posts: 225; Member since: 06 Sep 2012)
So, PapaSmurf here hates Sony but his name 'PapaSmurf' is taken from the movie chracter 'The Smurfs' which happens to be a Sony movie. *facepalm*
19. PapaSmurf (Posts: 8922; Member since: 14 May 2012)
Sony phones are rectangles that come in black and white. iPhones look better than them. And there still hasn't been a Sony phone that has impressed me. XZ was a flop, XZUltra is a tablet with a phone app, and this is just another XZ with a camera bump. Whoopdy doo.
34. Lyngdoh (Posts: 225; Member since: 06 Sep 2012)
Iphone looks good and sony design are bad? Lol. Take a good lookwww.phonearena.com/news/Samsun
56. Lyngdoh (Posts: 225; Member since: 06 Sep 2012)
Your reply is completely useless to the link above and your reply is valid for you and all the iDiots living on planet earth.
59. ashue (Posts: 28; Member since: 26 Feb 2013)
Yes, iPhone 5 really is greater than any Sony phone, since it has the record for the most explosions by any phone in the world..... Yes smurfy, you are damn right, these people will not understand that.... Get this people, buy an iPhone and you will seriously literally have a blast, on your face, or hand, you have that choice.....
76. XperiaFanZone (Posts: 1472; Member since: 21 Sep 2012)
Haha, couldn't even come up with a decent response to the link above, just shows how insecure you are XD
62. AshishRomea (Posts: 145; Member since: 09 Aug 2012)
May i know how a phone (Xperia Z) that Sold around 10 Million Worldwide is declared a Flop by you ? Maybe you are new to this place
78. PapaSmurf (Posts: 8922; Member since: 14 May 2012)
Worst 1080p screen on a flagship? A camera that's still a joke after 3 updates? A black glass rectangle that Apple came out with first?
Apple sold more iPhone 5s in one quarter than Sony sold in three with the XZ. Samsung sold well over 20million S4's in a quarter. Over 20 million S3. 10 million HTC One's.
Been on this site for two years and counting. What about you?
82. Lyngdoh (Posts: 225; Member since: 06 Sep 2012)
XZ 1080p screen is not bad. The viewing angles may be a little concern for the people who have eyes likewww.montereybayaquarium.org/st
BTW iphone dont even have bad 1080p infact it does not have 1080p. Iphones are for dummies, Xperias are for elites.
Did u just write 5s which does not even exist? Lol!
21. Commentator (Posts: 2494; Member since: 16 Aug 2011)
Unless he's completely uncultured, he most likely took his name from the 1958 Belgian comic "the Smurfs," created over FIFTY years before the piece of crap you mentioned was made.
24. Lyngdoh (Posts: 225; Member since: 06 Sep 2012)
Sony has acquired the rights to the comics.
75. XperiaFanZone (Posts: 1472; Member since: 21 Sep 2012)
Looks like the Sony haters have been hate by your comment ;)
3. pwnarena (Posts: 976; Member since: 15 Feb 2013)
at least if the 4k videos still look awful, they'll be more detailed than 1080ps so it won't be so much of an embarrassment. when other companies out their respective 4k video capturing capabilities, sony will probably look inferior again. then sony will release another phone later during the year to try competing. always late.
hope they already have enough money so they can get more and better people. they just can't play catch up forever. they have to lead. 4k is a good start but i really hope they deliver quality 4k this time and not just rely on xreality to fill in missing pixels and enhance colors and contrast.
31. -box- (Posts: 3878; Member since: 04 Jan 2012)
As we all know, resolution isn't everything. They could use an underwhelming sensor, optics, or software, and it'll be a mess.
35. mariosuneo4 (banned) (Posts: 75; Member since: 07 Aug 2013)
it is still better than ur Brick(Lumia) which other use it as paper weight....
and u care ?? it gives it so much attention....
6. PapaSmurf (Posts: 8922; Member since: 14 May 2012)
If there was a trophy for the biggest gimmick, this would definitely take the cake. How many people will take advantage of the full 4K resolution? 0.0001% of the total population.
8. xperiaDROID (banned) (Posts: 5629; Member since: 08 Mar 2013)
Well, the gimmicky S-Cake is molded, full of lags and bloatwares. So the trophy for the biggest gimmick goes to the company called Sam......sungggg.
9. PapaSmurf (Posts: 8922; Member since: 14 May 2012)
Nope. This phone screams gimmicks. Nothing special about this phone. Just a white/black rectangle recycled from the Xperia Z. Sure the S4 was recycled, but your beloved Sony is now doing the same.
26. mariosuneo4 (banned) (Posts: 75; Member since: 07 Aug 2013)
ur beloved LUMIA 900,920,1020 all are Bigger 800 with same quality
just a fake hype of camera and no sales
better use it as a paper weight
and Galaxies always keep on booming everywhere and everytime
with copied gimmick features which missed expectations
27. Lyngdoh (Posts: 225; Member since: 06 Sep 2012)
Since when did iPhone get new design? Aleast XZ and honami are 2013 phones. And you dear iphone design was copied from a Sony concept.
63. AshishRomea (Posts: 145; Member since: 09 Aug 2012)
Apple Logo as profile pic & Bragging about Samsung. Weird Species these days you know.
79. PapaSmurf (Posts: 8922; Member since: 14 May 2012)
You should probably look at the picture before you make yourself look dumb. You should also check the phones I've had and currently use before making a useless comment like yours.
Here let me save you the time. It says, "Why innovate? Litigate."
68. jb4674 (Posts: 141; Member since: 05 Apr 2013)
Talk about recycling... What about the iPhone? It's the same garbage with different numbers......
74. XperiaFanZone (Posts: 1472; Member since: 21 Sep 2012)
lmao all the iphones were the same XD
10. PapaSmurf (Posts: 8922; Member since: 14 May 2012)
Oh and btw, you can easily disable the motion features and apps on the S4 if you don't use them. That argument is old now. Common sense, but I don't expect much from you.
13. james004 (Posts: 486; Member since: 15 May 2013)
no one even mentioned samsung and you are hating on it. not that something is wrong with hating on samsung. it surely deserves it but right now, no one mentioned it.
20. PapaSmurf (Posts: 8922; Member since: 14 May 2012)
He ALWAYS brings up Samsung on every single article. His need for attention is by far the worst I've ever seen than any user on this site. And if people have been on this site for over 2 years now, XD has now surpassed taco50 in every aspect possible.
23. Commentator (Posts: 2494; Member since: 16 Aug 2011)
Says the commenter with 9 comments already on this page alone, four of them expressing the exact same thing...
41. PapaSmurf (Posts: 8922; Member since: 14 May 2012)
Make that eleven with zero of them expressing the exact same thing.
12. pwnarena (Posts: 976; Member since: 15 Feb 2013)
it's called future proofing, sir. however, if the device is meant to be replaced in the next year, it's not making much sense.
45. pwnarena (Posts: 976; Member since: 15 Feb 2013)
at least it's forward-looking and not as stupid as the dual shot feature. it's meant to promote the 4K revolution Sony is trying hard to push. they're putting all their efforts to bringing back their TV dominance. it makes sense although not so practical.
it's just meant to bring the 4k TVs to the public's attention. I am not convinced that the resulting videos will be great.
73. XperiaFanZone (Posts: 1472; Member since: 21 Sep 2012)
the retina display on your iKrap is also a gimmick.
81. XperiaFanZone (Posts: 1472; Member since: 21 Sep 2012)
Wow, having an apple logo and hating on Sony, never seen anyone so insecure as you are.
I don't have anything against samsung btw.
28. yudi.nemesis (Posts: 1127; Member since: 14 Mar 2013)
I agree with you only a few people will enjoy 4K and definitely sounding gimmick for you.
But for Sony customers who have / will buy a Sony 4K TV, Honami will be like a gift from God.
What Sony did was give the best to their customers.
33. cdgm2509 (Posts: 30; Member since: 29 Mar 2013)
I don't think it is gonna be a bigger gimmick than Samsung's "dual shot"
43. pwnarena (Posts: 976; Member since: 15 Feb 2013)
their dual shot implementation is just like taking two photos with the rear camera. it would have been better if they take photos simultaneously with an effort to make it appear that the person taking the photo behind the rear camera is also a part of the photo, not just a small parallelogram image overlaid on the rear camera's photo.
44. yudi.nemesis (Posts: 1127; Member since: 14 Mar 2013)
I think Optimus G Pro is the first phone with dual shot and recording
65. PhoneArenaUser (Posts: 5498; Member since: 05 Aug 2011)
Maybe not today, but tomorrow, it is future! Not all people are buying phone for one or two year, some are buying it for three or four years and it will be a future proof for them.