Sony confirms talks with Microsoft on releasing a Windows Phone
1. papss (unregistered)
This is great news and I hope they can get this deal done. M$, do what it takes to make this happen!!!
3. Lyngdoh (Posts: 234; Member since: 06 Sep 2012)
The resurrection of Xperia X series? Xperia X3 anybody?
5. sri_tech (Posts: 188; Member since: 21 May 2013)
I don't think they will use Xperia branding for Windows phones.
Its already rumored that they will use Vaio brand for windows phones and I think its good decision.
Separate brand for different OS means no confusion for customers and also they can recall Windows with Vaio brand.
4. cornerofthemoon (Posts: 590; Member since: 20 Apr 2010)
Sony made the best phones on the old Windows Mobile platform. Keep hope alive.
6. Extradite (banned) (Posts: 316; Member since: 30 Dec 2013)
It won't sell well. Htc WP didn't sell well to.... It is more Nokia that sells well for WP, due to well known publicity that only Nokia makes WP. Mainly Nokia users by WP..
9. boosook (Posts: 1413; Member since: 19 Nov 2012)
Well, it will selll as soon as Microsoft replaces the Nokia brand with its own brand on Lumia phones (and they will do it, probably this year).
15. hulk_14 (Posts: 61; Member since: 14 Dec 2013)
It would sell well if only HTC did enough to achieve it. HTC 8S wa quiete popular in the beginning of its life.
7. hafini_27 (Posts: 854; Member since: 31 Oct 2013)
I love Sony's design and wp is a nice change of pace
8. InspectorGadget80 (unregistered)
This would be a sweet deal just hope M$ won't sue Sony for anything.
10. boosook (Posts: 1413; Member since: 19 Nov 2012)
Let's say that this is a bribe M$ imposes on Sony: make a WP and we won't sue you. It's a sort of assurance... and I bet that others will follow.
It's the only way that M$ has to draw other OEMs to WP beyond Nokia.
16. Insignificant (Posts: 192; Member since: 22 Sep 2012)
There's not a single tech company which could survive a lawsuit against Sony with rights to Ericsson patents. There's a reason why Apple, Samsung, HTC and pretty much every OEM pays Microsoft royalties, but Sony don't.
12. jroc74 (Posts: 5980; Member since: 30 Dec 2010)
Some of said this before....doesnt seem right.
Xbox Live Arcade..and Playstation Mobile and now PS Now. How would that play out on a Sony WP phone? Just thought of something tho...doesnt Sony make laptops? Does a laptop qualify as mobile?
13. aco96 (Posts: 239; Member since: 12 Oct 2012)
Waterproof Windows Phone device would be awesome. :D
14. shyguy3763 (Posts: 52; Member since: 27 Oct 2013)
That pic looks awesome! Love the color,can't wait to see a Windows/Sony Vaio phone!
17. bugsbunny00 (Posts: 1981; Member since: 07 Jun 2013)
just hope it does not leave android,but kinda like what Sony is doing for windows,..we gonna see waterproof phones for windows and high end camera..
18. jackson_kaeluen (Posts: 87; Member since: 12 Mar 2013)
Windows Phone market still doesn't goes well, apps lots of bug and doesn't really. Have an update.