Notification Center

This is our new notification center. Inside, you will find updates on the most important things happening right now.

Notifications

Hmm, push notifications seem to be disabled in your browser. You can enable them from the 'Settings' icon in the URL bar of your browser.

www.phonearena.com

Report: Sony branded Windows Phone models on the way for 2014

28
Report: Sony branded Windows Phone models on the way for 2014
According to industry sources, an earlier rumor that had Japanese manufacturer Sony producing a Windows Phone model this year is true. The aforementioned sources say that while Sony will be spending its R&D money on Android and Firefox OS, it will offer Windows Phone handsets through U.S. carriers and in Japan. Microsoft is hoping to increase sales in Sony's home country as a way to expand the global share of its mobile OS.

Sony will partner with Taiwan based ODM Compal Communications for at least 1 to 2 Windows Phone models. The volume expected for those two units is only in the tens of thousands, and another 2-3 models are under discussion.

The industry sources estimae that Nokia will account for 90% of the 50 million Windows Phone 8 units expected to be sold this year. Sony will be one of a group of handset manufacturers bundled together in a category called "other," that together will account for the remaining 10% of sales.

source: DigiTimes

New reasons to get excited every week

Get the most important news, reviews and deals in mobile tech delivered straight to your inbox

FCC OKs Cingular\'s purchase of AT&T Wireless