Samsung hints Apple may release 7.85-inch iPad in 2012, spend $11 billion on Samsung parts
1. andro. (Posts: 1977; Member since: 16 Sep 2011)
R.i.p ipod touch,or is it welcome ipod touch xl?!
All this collaboration with Samsung makes apples court case attacks on Samsung look even more silly
21. Lucas777 (Posts: 2137; Member since: 06 Jan 2011)
samsung and apple both jointly agreed to keep their manufacturing side out of the dispute.. eventually it might deteriorate but shortly i would say no..
and somehow i just dont see apple making a smaller ipad… yes they would make fabulous amounts of money, but idk where it would fit into the pricing scheme of their products… maybe it will go for 250-300
25. bayusuputra (Posts: 949; Member since: 12 Feb 2012)
yeah, it's quite silly when you try to bite the hands that feed you..
2. itiswhatitis (Posts: 423; Member since: 23 Jan 2012)
Seems like,it really is nothing personal just business!
3. clevername (Posts: 1435; Member since: 11 Jul 2008)
I don't know much about international business law, but here in America this is a huge no no for a contractor to release info like that. Will there be any fallout I wonder?
5. Pdubb (Posts: 239; Member since: 08 Aug 2011)
If true I bet it will be a big stink in the end!
17. clevername (Posts: 1435; Member since: 11 Jul 2008)
It should be. This is is basically insider trading. People get time in prison for it. Although usually insider trading is meant to make an individual money, in this case it would be to further the company and not the individual. Same premise tho.
18. PaulNotFromSweden (Posts: 53; Member since: 16 Sep 2011)
Insider trading is buying and selling securities (like stocks) based on information that is not available to the general public. This information from Samsung has nothing to do with insider trading. They may be revealing trade secrets, in which case I would expect Apple's legal department to gently remind Samsung of the terms of their contract.
19. clevername (Posts: 1435; Member since: 11 Jul 2008)
Ah thx for the correction, don't know what I was thinking.
4. Pdubb (Posts: 239; Member since: 08 Aug 2011)
With Apple's private nature it would seem someone at Samsung is about to be in some trouble. Maybe this is how their relationship ends.
6. itiswhatitis (Posts: 423; Member since: 23 Jan 2012)
Or maybe apple is paying them to create rumors, you never know what happen behind the scene!
7. cellphonator (Posts: 298; Member since: 29 Oct 2011)
That's crazy, all these fights in which we take part of one rather than the other one and then they do business like old buddies like nothing is happening. That's business, I know but it makes you think...
8. good2great (Posts: 1042; Member since: 22 Feb 2012)
this is funny... you guys on here dont look at the big picture with all this apple vs samsung... while yall cry your hearts out picking sides these two companies are great business partners. Samsung has contributed a lot to Apple's success. and Apple is making Samsung rich as well...
9. gallitoking (Posts: 4693; Member since: 17 May 2011)
I learned my lesson . no more attack to Samsung. we fighting here and then shaking hands depending on one another,..
10. SuperAndroidEvo (Posts: 4526; Member since: 15 Apr 2011)
Well really Apple depends on Samsung's high quality products. Imagine what an iPhone 4S or a new iPad would look & perform like if it didn't have the Samsung DNA in its body.
It would be an ugly, poor working machine! I mean an iPhone or an iPad are just Samsung products with an Apple logo on them! lol
12. good2great (Posts: 1042; Member since: 22 Feb 2012)
you are absolutely right!
apple needed the "best" manufacturer to make their products...
apple's beef isnt with Samsung... its with Android...
software vs software
remember Steve's dying wish...
13. PAPINYC (banned) (Posts: 2315; Member since: 30 Jul 2011)
'Imagine what an iPhone 4S or a new iPad would look & perform like if it didn't have the Samsung DNA in its body.'
It would probably look like a Kyocera Echo™ and perform like a Windows Mobile 5, 6, 6.1, 6.5, 7, 7.1 phone.
22. Lucas777 (Posts: 2137; Member since: 06 Jan 2011)
there is no windows mobile 7/7.1…. its windows phone.. which performs better in real life than almost any other phone
and apple creates all their tech… samsung just puts it on an assembly line… its not like apple uses samsung amoled screens and such…
23. chadrick0814 (Posts: 208; Member since: 23 Nov 2011)
You are right, Apple goes to LG for its IPS screens. If its as simple as "putting it on an assembly line," why do they pay Samsung and LG billions when they can pay their workers at Foxconn 2 slices of bread and 3 cents an hour to do it?
24. Lucas777 (Posts: 2137; Member since: 06 Jan 2011)
well i would hope samsungs and lg's and sharp's assembly lines are a little more well kept.. i dont think foxconn could produce the quality of tech needed by apple-- they use foxconn for easier things and for assembly
26. bayusuputra (Posts: 949; Member since: 12 Feb 2012)
apple didn't create all the tech, they just created the spec sheets.. it is Samsung who made them reality.. so it's not as simple as putting it on assembly line..
11. dragonnub99 (Posts: 14; Member since: 23 Nov 2011)
why is all phonearena news talking about apple product
16. jmoita2 (Posts: 930; Member since: 23 Dec 2011)
Ponearena is starting to suck,it reads and feels more like Apple.com every day...
20. gallitoking (Posts: 4693; Member since: 17 May 2011)
the irony on your statement is that here is filled with fandroids... 5-1 at least