Samsung guidance for Q1 earnings: over 68 million phones sold
Samsung Galaxy S4. The company has over 30 models covering the low, middle and high end of the handset market which helped Samsung set a company record for the number of phones shipped in a single quarter to 68-70 million handsets, up from 63 million shipped in the prior quarter. Sammsung's top rival Apple is expected to report that its handset shipments dropped 30% during the same time period to about 30 million units. That would be a decline from the 47.8 million shipped in the prior quarter.
4. Hemlocke (unregistered)
Yet Android market share keeps falling...curious.
5. jcpwn2004 (Posts: 314; Member since: 18 Jan 2012)
lol source? I'm pretty sure android is dominating everywhere, even in the US it still has 52% market share.
6. xperiaDROID (limited) (Posts: 5399; Member since: 08 Mar 2013)
Samsung deserves it! Well done Samsung!
8. darac (Posts: 2156; Member since: 17 Oct 2011)
SMARTPHONES, not phones.
Ease down on half assed writing, PA
9. TylerGrunter (Posts: 905; Member since: 16 Feb 2012)
Yes, I was also surprised cause they target 500 million phones for the year, and therefore 70 a quarter was far too low.
+1 for you.
10. Topcat488 (Posts: 1141; Member since: 29 Sep 2012)
Sorry Sammy my boi! But i'm hoping your not counting to many of those S4's that come with the Snapdragon 600 as part of the quota... Because we Samsung Fans aren't like the Apple peehs who will buy everything without question... We want Exynos 5 Octa or bust!
11. TheBitterTruth (unregistered)
You actually deserve dislikes.
13. Topcat488 (Posts: 1141; Member since: 29 Sep 2012)
You deserve a "Second Rate" smartphone... I want the same hardware they give to their home country Korea!!! That's the bitter truth, knuckle head.
12. TheBitterTruth (unregistered)