Samsung Galaxy S6 edge vs iPhone 6 Plus: Optical image stabilization comparison (video)
33. darkoman4 (Posts: 164; Member since: 30 May 2014)
Looks like a digital zoom was used on the iPhone.
35. ventureu (Posts: 3; Member since: 02 Mar 2015)
s6 lens is wide enough to capture more pictures....so in front s6 the iphone 6 plus looks like it is zoomed. i hope it answers ur question
2. tech2 (Posts: 3453; Member since: 26 Oct 2012)
Off-topic but the presence of too much orange in GS6's video and image is something to concern about. Hopefully they'll sort it out in a month's time before release.
5. Awalker (Posts: 1498; Member since: 15 Aug 2013)
Yeah. Phandroid has some samples pics with the S6 and they all look like there was an orange filter applied to them.
7. gustavoace (Posts: 180; Member since: 13 Nov 2012)
Without a reference, its hard to say, because they're filming a picture moving, not a real scene. It may be a software problem, because samsung does this things =D
9. tech2 (Posts: 3453; Member since: 26 Oct 2012)
You don't really need a reference pic to see the sky is not entirely blue on GS6.
42. Kmdglee (Posts: 25; Member since: 19 Sep 2014)
Tech2 u do realise that the sky's not entirely blue in both cameras.
44. tech2 (Posts: 3453; Member since: 26 Oct 2012)
It's not suppose to have a orangish tone either.
21. JunitoNH (Posts: 1775; Member since: 15 Feb 2012)
I'm glad someone noticed, the iPhone still looks better, maybe not stable enough, but never the less better.
26. rd_nest (Posts: 1593; Member since: 06 Jun 2010)
That's a software calibration issue. Also don't forget we don't know the actual white balance of the scene. I 'feel' that it's midway somewhere between iPhone and S6.
Did you also notice loss of dynamic range on the iPhone 6+? Some part of the balloon gets over exposed and loss of detail.. S6 bit underexposed, which looks natural and doesn't lose any texture of the balloon.
4. UglyFrank (Posts: 1649; Member since: 23 Jan 2014)
That is amazing, the 6+ looks like it was held by a fidgety baby whilst the S6 look so steady
13. draygomirem (Posts: 3; Member since: 13 Nov 2014)
But, as far as I know, the iPhone 6+ doesn't use his OIS for video... just for photos.
Anyway, good job. Will be interesting to compare it with Nexus or LG G3 for example
14. windy (Posts: 20; Member since: 28 Oct 2012)
iPhone is closer to the picture therefore it's normal to see more shake. To have a fair comparison both phones need to film the subject from the same distance.
19. wando77 (Posts: 838; Member since: 23 Aug 2012)
No it isn't. The iphone doesn't have as wide of an angle
30. windy (Posts: 20; Member since: 28 Oct 2012)
Which baloon is bigger? The angle is not the issue here.
32. Chris.P (Posts: 560; Member since: 27 Jun 2013)
The distance is the same. The iPhone 6 Plus isn't zoomed.
40. EcoCare (Posts: 434; Member since: 30 Jul 2014)
iPhone 6 Plus doesn't utilize OIS during video recording, which is a stupid decision by Apple.
End of story.
16. rthsh_r (Posts: 1; Member since: 03 Mar 2015)
Still Iphone stands Great.. S6 is not looks like real... sakes from iphone 6 up and down...S6 is Totally waste more stable makes video useless
17. redmd (Posts: 1268; Member since: 26 Oct 2011)
The S6 Edge is shaping to be the better phone with OIS, however I still think 6+ has the better white balance.
22. chris2k5 (Posts: 43; Member since: 17 Nov 2012)
Lol a demonstration set up by Samsung...Rigged
43. Kmdglee (Posts: 25; Member since: 19 Sep 2014)
Chris did u actually read the article??? Wow maybe u should try reading if u can. Samsung didnt set it up. Phone arena did. They tell us in the article
23. Dejavu_LT (Posts: 41; Member since: 11 Jun 2012)
Sure, Galaxy looks way more stable, but white balance on 6 plus much much better.
24. SIGPRO (Posts: 1432; Member since: 03 Oct 2012)
Apple sucks, Android sucks.......and yes this is my personal opinion before fanboys will diss my comment!
I mean you should buy the phone you like, no worries there but sometimes it feels like that people threat Apple and Android\Google as gods..... I laugh at those people!
They start bashing people because they have different taste and don't like Android or iOS!
25. VLaRueC (Posts: 178; Member since: 18 Dec 2012)
What's the point of this video? The Bottom video was clearly keeping beat with the music. Score one for the iPhone 6+ for keeping the beat...
28. numbertwo (Posts: 14; Member since: 20 Mar 2013)
I prefer the shaking in iPhone 6plus over the deformations in s6 so far, it looks very unnatural. The white balance is also horrendous in the Galaxy.
34. elitewolverine (Posts: 5183; Member since: 28 Oct 2013)
what the heck is wrong with the s6 video? It looks like the center is still while the rest is contorting and distorting the rest of the video. At least with the iPhone shake, you get a stable image even if it moves.
39. AlaBala (Posts: 1; Member since: 04 Mar 2015)
"In order to test out Samsung's solution, we used a staging area that the company had erected for the purpose".
Are you joking, right? Do you really trust Samsung to not "tune" the test like, for example, the benchmark tests? BTW, where is the white van and crew from Nokia's OIS video?