Samsung Galaxy S5 specs leak: 5.24” Quad HD screen, 3200mAh battery
Samsung’s 2014 flagship is said to come with a 5.24-inch screen with a whopping 2560 x 1440-pixel, Quad HD resolution. If true, this would make the Galaxy S5 the first Quad HD smartphone in the Western hemisphere (the Vivo Xplay 3S outpaced it to become the first Quad HD smartphone in the world, but it’s availability is limited to China). This would also make the Galaxy S5 the world’s first smartphone to break the 500ppi barrier, as its pixel density comes in at 560ppi.
Moreover, the Galaxy S5 should feature a whopping 3200mAh battery, and hopefully, an increase in battery life. In comparison, last year’s Galaxy S4 came with a humbler, 2600mAh battery, but it also features a smaller display with a lower resolution.
Interestingly, the phone is rumored to come with increased internal storage, as there would be a 32GB and 64GB internal storage models, and no 16 gig version. Murtazin, however, does not mention whether the S5 will have a microSD card memory expansion slot.
Samsung is preparing a new TouchWiz interface that might debut on the Galaxy S5
Under the hood, the Galaxy S5 is said to be available in two versions - an international one with a Snapdragon system chip, and another one with an Exynos 6 chip. It’s not yet clear whether the international S5 would have Snapdragon 805 or Snapdragon 800 (likely the MSM8974ac version) at launch.
The camera is once again said to be a 16-megapixel one on the back, and a 3.2-megapixel up front. This falls in line with earlier rumors about a 16-megapixel ISOCELL camera in the next Samsung flagship, so we're not all that surprised about this.
Additionally, the Galaxy S5 should launch with a lot of smarthome software and a few new accessories including an S Band bracelet. Interestingly, plans for a thinner Galaxy Gear smartwatch launching alongside the S5 have allegedly been scrapped at this time.
Rumored Samsung Galaxy S5 specs
1. bucky (Posts: 1574; Member since: 30 Sep 2009)
Looks good. Hopefully they change the build a bit.
Side note: Samsung is the leader on the android front...would be nice to see them stop this trend of phones getting bigger and bigger. I think 5" should be the max.
23. seret6 (Posts: 46; Member since: 14 Aug 2013)
keeping the same screen size while increasing resolution will even enhance the ppi
well our fingers are crossed as far as build is concerned, wont be surprised if they stick to plastic
im expecting a 20mp camera, and micro sd slot is a must
the 3400mah battery will be one hell of a killer
67. taz89 (Posts: 2014; Member since: 03 May 2011)
Have the s4 and really happy with it. Don't plan on getting the s5 right now partly because I still have a year left on my contract and partly I feel any new improvement bar the camera will be negligible in real term use. That's just with the s4 but all new flagships. No doubt if contract was up I would get it because hey why not lol. Personally I wish it would have been if they stuck with the 1080p 5" screen and made the device even smaller with slimmer bezels than the s4 and the 1080p screen with 3200 battery would lead to some awesome battery life.
78. Larry_ThaGr81 (Posts: 295; Member since: 26 May 2011)
Now you're just making too much sense.
91. networkdood (Posts: 6326; Member since: 31 Mar 2010)
Hey, buy what you want - all I am saying is that if you dislike large screens then buy something small...
43. akki20892 (Posts: 3652; Member since: 04 Feb 2013)
Yeah they should change design and material.
51. alrightihatepickingusernames (Posts: 439; Member since: 29 Dec 2013)
I won't go past 5.2", and until the G2 came along I wouldn't even go past 5", they proved that 5.2" can be a reasonable size.
117. box14380 (Posts: 21; Member since: 28 Nov 2013)
When does OEM starts to produce a smartphone that battery could last in 2 days with normal usage having wifi is switched ON in full day.
Take my device SGN3 with 10000mah Zerolemon battery. Bulkiness is not an issue for me.
2. fouadqr (Posts: 315; Member since: 21 Nov 2012)
In the same day February 24th Lumia 1820 will beast it :D
57. zuckerboy (banned) (Posts: 898; Member since: 22 Dec 2011)
they say the same thing for previous lumias and result ??? 8 million sales ,most of it lumia 520 :D:DD:
62. fouadqr (Posts: 315; Member since: 21 Nov 2012)
I don't care about bout sales . . Lumia phones will always be the best at least for me ..end of the story
73. zuckerboy (banned) (Posts: 898; Member since: 22 Dec 2011)
y you dont care ??? it shows that which phone considered as a beast ;)
81. mokhtar (Posts: 268; Member since: 06 Jan 2014)
Cuz people are stupid, i mean.for.example whats the diff between 5 and 5s, and people buy the 5s.. Its not always about sales, and personnaly i have never use a windows phone, but i will.chose1820 lumia over the s5, the specs of nokia coming devices are insane.. Waiting.for z2 and htc
95. zuckerboy (banned) (Posts: 898; Member since: 22 Dec 2011)
Your comment is totally wrong bcuz people buying phones not only for specs... you choose 1820 over iphone for specs but you ignore the apps .. most of people choose iphone for apps
96. PapaSmurf (Posts: 8922; Member since: 14 May 2012)
Reason why I wouldn't switch to WP8 is due to apps. iPhone 5S is solid across the board.
104. mokhtar (Posts: 268; Member since: 06 Jan 2014)
i said i will choose 1820 over s5 not 5s .. read correctly first ;) .. and what apps are you talking about , you use on your phone the 100000 apps on android or ios ? wtf is this shiiit , i need only whatsapp , viber , skype and facebook and the others stuffs ( like top games) and there are all in windows phone .. so what apps ?
106. PapaSmurf (Posts: 8922; Member since: 14 May 2012)
Google Apps and major games, like FlappyBird and other third party apps for checking the arrival for trains and buses (must have in Chicago). This is probably the biggest thing absent and you know it's true.
You should probably take your advise and learn to read as you replied to the wrong person. ;)
3. shuaibhere (Posts: 1672; Member since: 07 Jul 2012)
Lets's hope this is true..i was worrying about 2900mAh battery in previous rumours....3200 mAh will be fine....and i'm waiting for new magazine UX......
116. TasHsn (Posts: 6; Member since: 06 Dec 2013)
Magazine UX is not happening on the S5. It's limited within the new NotePro and TabPro line-up. Although the Unpacked5 shows a whole new revamped set of TouchWiz icon.
4. Diego! (Posts: 508; Member since: 15 Jun 2009)
Hopefully the battery last at least a full day with such screen resolution.
5. PapaSmurf (Posts: 8922; Member since: 14 May 2012)
Upgrading as soon as it goes in sale. Bye bye Note 3.
10. JerryTime (Posts: 468; Member since: 09 Nov 2013)
You giving the Sony Sirius any thought Smurf?
26. PapaSmurf (Posts: 8922; Member since: 14 May 2012)
Nope. Dislike Sony's UI. It's probably the worse I've seen imo.
53. JerryTime (Posts: 468; Member since: 09 Nov 2013)
I gotcha, I feel the same way about Touchwiz LMAO.
56. Just.Saying (Posts: 132; Member since: 04 Apr 2013)
I tried a sony xperia V this weekend. Got it on saturday brand new on contract. it was cheaper now and comes with jelly bean. I turned the voice thingy on, the thing meant for slightly blind people, don't ask, and the screen froze. I tried removing the battery but it was still frozen when came back on. I returned it on sunday as a OBF but took the same model. In the stoor the same thing happened with the second one. I ended up taking the S4 mini.
83. mokhtar (Posts: 268; Member since: 06 Jan 2014)
U compare a 2012 device.with s4 ( 2013 phone ?) compare the s4 with the z1 compact boy or xperia sp., both they blow s4 away, and its just a bad luck for u, my friend has just buy a xv and its works fine and.never freezes or something like u said :)
94. iTechies (Posts: 81; Member since: 28 Dec 2013)
why dont you compare you Z1 or SP to note 3?? they are 2013 model phone and we'll see :))
97. PapaSmurf (Posts: 8922; Member since: 14 May 2012)
Z1 Compact suffers from flash bleed. Sony devices have terrible QC in general.
28. PapaSmurf (Posts: 8922; Member since: 14 May 2012)
So far in 2014, I've had my Note 3, switched to Moto X, then switched two days later back to my Note 3. Hopefully the S5 gets released in April as a birthday gift to me. :)
36. tech2 (Posts: 2436; Member since: 26 Oct 2012)
Wow.....I don't even change clothes that often, let alone phones !
40. PapaSmurf (Posts: 8922; Member since: 14 May 2012)
This year I plan on buying the S5, iPhone 6 and Note 4 at least. If anything pops up between Q1-3, I'll get it as well lol.
59. sergiobr (Posts: 435; Member since: 25 Feb 2013)
I´m a big fan of mobile photos and videos. Note 3 is awesome with 4K videos. But I´m expecting the next S4 Zoom, or S5 zoom wherever, to have 4k videos and superb low light photos (besides zoom) , so I´ll get it.
84. reckless562 (Posts: 1011; Member since: 09 Sep 2013)
what apps or roms do you use to switch so seamlesly? it seems like a hassle to be going back n forth
98. PapaSmurf (Posts: 8922; Member since: 14 May 2012)
My Note 3 runs stock. I really don't need root, but I'd root to change the kernel, get rid of ads, TB and XposedInstaller.
50. QWIKSTRIKE (Posts: 913; Member since: 09 Mar 2010)
WTF...bye Note 3 Why not wait for the Note 4. That's what I am doing Nexus 5 will hold me until I get my hands around a Note 4. then soon after that Google Glass hopefully. Seems like you will have a banner summer though if you buy all of those. rofl
68. QWIKSTRIKE (Posts: 913; Member since: 09 Mar 2010)
As I stated if you buy all of those deices listed in comment 40 you will have a banner year. Those are serious top notch devices.
Don't sleep on Windows, and Nokia.lol
6. jaytai0106 (Posts: 1458; Member since: 30 Mar 2011)
With 5.24", SGS5 is closing in to the Note 3 :D. I just hope Note 4 is about 6" and 4000mAh of battery with a FHD instead of QHD to increase battery life even further.
34. g2a5b0e (Posts: 2699; Member since: 08 Jun 2012)
If the S5 is WQHD, there is a 0% chance the Note 4 will be only FHD. You might as well stop dreaming now.
7. ajac09 (Posts: 1367; Member since: 30 Sep 2009)
Hope this means the note 4 is 5.9 or 6 inch even
13. ibrahem7731 (Posts: 44; Member since: 17 Dec 2013)
The LG g3 will come with 5.5 inch and Qhd
49. bnick25 (Posts: 36; Member since: 05 May 2013)
Me too ill wait for lg g3 before i make a decision
9. JerryTime (Posts: 468; Member since: 09 Nov 2013)
Sounds like a beast! I want to see the new UI first though, because I hate Touchwiz.
29. PapaSmurf (Posts: 8922; Member since: 14 May 2012)
Touchwiz on the Note 3 is damn near flawless.
37. AliNSiddiqui (Posts: 382; Member since: 19 Sep 2012)
I am pretty sure he's talking about the design not performance.
41. PapaSmurf (Posts: 8922; Member since: 14 May 2012)
Like I said, Touchwiz on the Note 3 is damn near flawless.
70. PapaSmurf (Posts: 8922; Member since: 14 May 2012)
Too bad my Note 3 has never lagged you troll. Go outside and do something productive with your life.
112. bigstrudel (Posts: 518; Member since: 20 Aug 2012)
I agree there's alot more to UI than smooth operation. iOS had this back with an 800mhz single core. For iPhone users, the TouchWiz is still a bit janky and jerky with its execution, even with all the muscle.
Personally, I like using UI that has the largest teams working on technical issues and bugs. Because that's what really causes problems day-to-day like resets, antenna issues and mystery power drains. OEM versions of Android have the least number of software devs because their business is more diversified, and thus release far fewer quality software updates and even fewer small patches for critical issues.
11. Gemmol (Posts: 560; Member since: 09 Nov 2011)
Not bad specs but I would of prefer they switch the battery for 3400mah or higher
12. byazatt (Posts: 159; Member since: 26 Oct 2012)
Bigger is better for me, if note three ain't a problem to me, them this size will be perfect. plus the higher resolution screen is much welcome.