Samsung Galaxy S 4 with Snapdragon 600 or Exynos 5 Octa: here is what market gets what version
What you might still wonder, though, is which version of the device is coming to your country. We already know that in the United States and the United Kingdom, the Galaxy S 4 will come with Qualcomm’s Snapdragon 600 chip. Most of Europe will also get a Snapdragon 600 version of the S 4, but for Asia the device will ship mostly in its Exynos 5 Octa version.
Now, the Snapdragon 600 comes with the new Krait 300 processor clocked at 1.9GHz, while the Exynos 5 Octa has the clock set at 1.6GHz.
So with that in mind, take a look at the different model numbers and what they signify. There is no information about Latin America yet.
GT-I**** = Not decided yet.
GT-I9500 = Exynos
GT-I9505 = Snapdragon
GT-I9500 / GT-I9505 = Samsung to bring both versions
GT-I9500 – Afghanistan
GT-I9500 – Algeria
GT-I9500 – Egypt
GT-I9500 – Kenya
GT-I9500 – Lybia
GT-I9500 – Marocco
GT-I9500 – Nigeria
Asia / Middle East
GT-I9500 – Bangladesh
GT-I9500 – China
GT-I9500 / GT-I9505 – Hong Kong
GT-I9500 – India
GT-I9500 – Indonesia
GT-I9500 – Iran
GT-I9500 – Iraq
GT-I**** – Israel
GT-I9500 – Kazakhstan
GT-I9500 / GT-I9505 – Korea
GT-I9500 / GT-I9505 – Malaysia
GT-I9500 – Nepal
GT-I9500 – Pakistan
GT-I9500 / GT-I9505 – Philippines
GT-I9500 – Russia
GT-I9500 / GT-I9505 – Saudi Arabia
GT-I9505 – Singapore
GT-I9500 – Sri Lanka
GT-I9500 – Taiwan
GT-I9500 – Thailand
GT-I9500 – Turkey
GT-I9500 / GT-I9505 – United Arab Emirates
GT-I9500 – Uzbekistan
GT-I9500 – Vietnam
GT-I9505 – Australia
GT-I9505 – Austria
GT-I9505 – Baltic
GT-I9505 – Belgium / Luxemburg
GT-I9505 – Bosnia and Herzegovina
GT-I9505 – Bulgaria
GT-I**** – Croatia
GT-I9505 – Cyprus
GT-I9505 – Czech Republic
GT-I9500 / GT-I9505 – France
GT-I9500 / GT-I9505 – Germany
GT-I9505 – Greece
GT-I9500 / GT-I9505 – Italy
GT-I9505 – Macedonia
GT-I9505 - Nordic Countries
GT-I9500 / GT-I9505 – Poland
GT-I9505 – Romania
GT-I9500 – Russia
GT-I9505 – Portugal
GT-I**** – Serbia
GT-I9505 – Slovakia
GT-I9505 – Slovenia
GT-I9505 – Spain
GT-I9505 – Switzerland
GT-I9505 – The Netherlands
GT-I9500 / GT-I9505 – United Kingdom
GT-I9500 – Ukraine
9. samsunggalaxylover (Posts: 37; Member since: 23 Jan 2013)
I saw this list long time ago on gsmarena lol.
45. ddxmms (Posts: 141; Member since: 09 Feb 2012)
its Libya not Lybia :D
and thats my country :)
10. Synack (Posts: 666; Member since: 05 Jul 2011)
Very curious to see a benchmark comparison of the Snapdragon vs Exynos.
I'd be fine if they were close. Then battery life would come into question too.
26. StreetNerd (Posts: 703; Member since: 08 Dec 2010)
600 = better performance
octa = better battery
30. TROLL (banned) (Posts: 4851; Member since: 13 Apr 2012)
S600 is half A9 &A15
E5410 is A15
So A15 is way better than even the S800, but that's when clocked at 1.8Ghz
49. zhiae (Posts: 174; Member since: 26 Aug 2012)
do you know what??
hell yahhh i will get exnyos
50. bparkerson (unregistered)
You have absolutely no idea what you are talking about! You seem to be totally confused as to which processor has what architecture. Folks, this is a good example to not believe everything you read
6. tech2 (Posts: 2015; Member since: 26 Oct 2012)
lots of wishes for your first Birthday ! -.-
22. gogowho (Posts: 37; Member since: 12 Mar 2013)
no tegra series, it will be hard to get any os update.
15. SlimSoulja86 (Posts: 642; Member since: 03 Nov 2011)
They use iMap. Still dig apple though.
57. papss (unregistered)
North Korea is trash, South Korea is a different story
7. tech2 (Posts: 2015; Member since: 26 Oct 2012)
Come on Samsung. Please release one with Octa in UK. Atleast on PAYG in not on contract !
41. tech2 (Posts: 2015; Member since: 26 Oct 2012)
Course I did. But last year they introduced the Snapdragon version (US version) later during the year in UK along with the Exynos version. So, was wondering there may still be a chance that they might release a Octa version on PAYG where LTE is not an issue !
11. Esf_Kid (Posts: 48; Member since: 28 Feb 2013)
Thank God it comes in middle east with Exynos octa
thank you Sammy :D
13. cloud_atlas1991 (Posts: 61; Member since: 21 Dec 2012)
First, it's LIBYA not LYBIA. Second, LIBYA and EGYPT are Asian countries. Third, Russia is in Europe. Fourth...I could go on with this all day. It's nothing worth mentioning and I know I'm being an asshole here, but, c'mon, have some respect to your grade school teacher!
16. Musty18591 (Posts: 17; Member since: 11 Jan 2012)
LibYA and egypt are african countries ... dude go and check the map ^_^
17. baldilocks (Posts: 505; Member since: 14 Dec 2008)
Actually Russia is in both Europe and Asia.
Also, the last time I checked, Egypt is both Asian and African and Libya is only on the African continent.
35. VZDub843 (Posts: 3; Member since: 24 Jul 2010)
Their official page states "Map references: Africa." Egypt is in Africa buddy. Thanks for playing anyhow.
38. MartyK (Posts: 706; Member since: 11 Apr 2012)
I didn't know the Nile River ran in Asia, Egypt is close to the Nile River right? did they say when the move their country?. :)
18. SlimSoulja86 (Posts: 642; Member since: 03 Nov 2011)
Wow, ur so smart. Cos as far as I know Egypt is in Africa. Are u sure ur not using an iMap as well?
21. Guest_star (Posts: 231; Member since: 30 Dec 2011)
Idk why are people whining about snapdragon 600...I really don't, that is the best mobile SoC on the market right now if you take in consideration it's power to consumption ratio, exynos octa does have 4 A7 cores to save power but if you are a power user you will be using A15 most of the time and it is 3 times more powerful than A9 on same clock speed but it uses 6 times more power, your battery will drain in a matter of hours. Snapdragon 600 is really powerful and you will not have any troubles for who knows how much time with games/apps and so on but you'll have good battery life, on the other hand those who are not power users don't have any reason to whine about snapdragon because they don't have any need for 4 A15 cores, so imho samsung should have used snapdraon 600 in every S4 they made because it is for sure better option than exynos octa, for now anyway..as far as I can see samsung is using snapdragon in every larger and richer market and exynos octa is used in poor/smaller markets so the user satisfaction will remain high because exynos is prolly more powerful but sucks at battery life and will be available in countries where there is not much buyers for such an expensive phone
31. TROLL (banned) (Posts: 4851; Member since: 13 Apr 2012)
Youre comparing a cutom home made chip that also Apple use in there iP4,4s, and 5!
Exynos chips was always better than any Tiomap, Snapdragon and Nividia by 25%! Even also the Novothor.
Qualcoom are standard commercial typical industrial Soc Cpu, where's Exynos are on the next level.
54. Guest_star (Posts: 231; Member since: 30 Dec 2011)
Lol, no it is not...exynos is good but right now qualcomm is better, say what you want but it is like that...
70. alexzibrit (Posts: 67; Member since: 15 Jan 2013)
Put it this way when it comes to Samsung phones the Exynos always runs better than the snapdragon, since the S2
55. theindianguy (Posts: 90; Member since: 30 Sep 2011)
And i don't know why you got so many thumbs down. Here's my thumbs up :)
66. Guest_star (Posts: 231; Member since: 30 Dec 2011)
didn't expect anything less from samsung fan-boys...they have become even worse than iFans...
23. MrKoles (Posts: 310; Member since: 20 Jan 2013)
Almost whole Europe is getting Snapdragon. I live in Slovakia, and I´d have bought it just for the Exynos chipset. You know what, Samsung? F**k You! -.-"
24. Guest_star (Posts: 231; Member since: 30 Dec 2011)
Oh and 1 more thing, I really can't wait to see how will LG counter this with LG optimus G 2, because as it is right now LG's main target is samsung(duh) so this will get exciting in Q3, we will have note 3, optimus g2 and the next nexus :D
27. cncrim (Posts: 496; Member since: 15 Aug 2011)
Wow, I found there are quite few people on here fail geography badly or just doesn't any idea where it is.
28. Just_a_boy (Posts: 183; Member since: 18 Oct 2011)
Brazil will get both versions on April 26th
29. xperiaDROID (limited) (Posts: 5399; Member since: 08 Mar 2013)
Thanks for the list PA!!! :)
33. Pedro0x (Posts: 271; Member since: 19 Oct 2012)
Where is Sweden? What version gets Sweden?
36. MartyK (Posts: 706; Member since: 11 Apr 2012)
Where is Sweden?..It's part of the USA (United South of America) duh..hahahha, sorry couldn't resist...hahahaha
34. mobilefuture (Posts: 206; Member since: 12 Nov 2011)
Exynos 5 octa in Pakistan! Yay! Too bad many people don't understand a lot of things about mobiles here :(
37. bucky (Posts: 1379; Member since: 30 Sep 2009)
Samsungs own CPU has always proven smoother so exynos is the one to get.
39. Eonnaydra (Posts: 204; Member since: 23 Oct 2012)
How did you pass your exams?I am national olimpic at geography in my country.
Whyyyyy S600 in my country?Exynos Octa is far better with its 4 A15 cores.
40. centurion (Posts: 25; Member since: 28 Jan 2013)
thank you of the list phone arena and l cant wait to have it in my hands loveit and in the song l dont care l love it lol
42. Taters (Posts: 2824; Member since: 28 Jan 2013)
Considering ARM pretty much did the blue print for the Exynos chips, they most likely are better. I am not saying Qualcomm and Apple do not improve the designs somewhat but the original is usually better.
Its kind if like intel versus AMD. Intel is usually better but both run windows 7 just fine for most uses. I think the biggest difference will be gaming performance and power usage.
43. yougotkilled1 (Posts: 167; Member since: 27 Apr 2011)
You can't go wrong with both, but I would prefer the exynos chips. It has better stability in performance in my opinion and for some reason, Samsung loves to push updates faster on models with the exynos chips (minus the carrier approval stuff....)
46. adammorrone (Posts: 8; Member since: 16 Mar 2013)
what exactly makes a companies decision about this? It almost seems random to me
47. ZeljkoBoskovic (Posts: 1; Member since: 21 Mar 2013)
I thought that Afghanistan is in Asia...but what do I know.
48. scsa852k (Posts: 287; Member since: 16 Oct 2012)
Where the hell is US?
I'm pretty sure it will have Snapdragon on US version though.
52. theindianguy (Posts: 90; Member since: 30 Sep 2011)
Where is Kuwait? I guess i'll have to get one from UAE or Saudi Arabia... I would personally go with the qualcomm version because 1) Qualcomm releases their chip source code thingy faster so quicker and better developer support 2) S600 is a very nice chip with a badass gpu which supports OpenGL 3.0 and since i game on my phone, i would prefer the one with a better gpu, Note: i didn't say the exynos version has a bad gpu. 3) I personally think that qualcomm chips have better battery life in terms of cell standby times.
Would've gone with the exynos if only it's GPU supported Open GL 3.0...
53. cheetah2k (Posts: 803; Member since: 16 Jan 2011)
No Exynos for Australia.. Such a Fail. What I don't understand is that if Samsung have so many LTE patents, why the fcuk don't they make LTE capable Eynos chipsets for their premium devices???