Samsung GALAXY Note II to get update that brings Multi Window feature to the phablet
do not pass go and collect $200 and be patient. The rollout is being done in waves of random users. Once you get the notification, you will have the option to download the update and install it immediately, or to delay it until later. If you go with the latter, you will be mercilessly hounded one or twice a day until you finally install the update.
The update will take a few minutes to complete and Samsung suggests that your battery be full when you start the process. By the way, Samsung Galaxy S III owners jealous over the Multi Window feature should not let that green monster (envy) take over. Next month, an update is scheduled to bring that feature to your phone.
1. vddeguzman (Posts: 41; Member since: 12 Jul 2012)
Hm? This news is quite late. When i bought my gn2 a month ago,it automatically updated with this feature.
8. Bernoulli (Posts: 1451; Member since: 01 Sep 2012)
Mine only does this with videos, how do you do this?
13. doejon (Posts: 358; Member since: 31 Jul 2012)
just hold the backbutton (on the note2) till on the left side of the screen a taskbar appears :-)
if u dont understand because of my bad english pls search at youtube :D
17. Nadr1212 (Posts: 741; Member since: 22 Sep 2012)
When we all were asking how could it POSSIBLY get better, here's the answer ( multi window screen feature)
19. skymitch89 (Posts: 1080; Member since: 05 Nov 2010)
This update that they're talking about it for the US variant of the Note 2.
2. Twisted247 (Posts: 243; Member since: 12 Oct 2012)
Hells ya, I'm stoked for this update this was one of the first questions when I walked in the door at sprint. "Does it have multiwindow", this will just make the note 2 that much more bad ass. Having the cake and eating it too!
3. Twisted247 (Posts: 243; Member since: 12 Oct 2012)
The U.S. versions did not launch with it, just like various versions over seas. Some thought it wouldn't be coming to the states that would have been horrible.
6. Tsepz_GP (Posts: 823; Member since: 12 Apr 2012)
This update rolled out a while ago here in South Africa, a mate of mine updated their Note2 around 3weeks ago already.
7. networkdood (Posts: 6274; Member since: 31 Mar 2010)
XDA will get this modded for tablets, too.
9. Bernoulli (Posts: 1451; Member since: 01 Sep 2012)
Hmm well I already do a bunch on my note 2, with this my note 2 shall be taken to New heights, note II for the win! :)
10. Droid_X_Doug (Posts: 5869; Member since: 22 Dec 2010)
Doesn't the e-mail go into an Out box if no Internet connection is available?
11. Twisted247 (Posts: 243; Member since: 12 Oct 2012)
Ya whoever wrote the article didn't look into it.. It was for Sprint users only.. other carriers in the US are EXPECTED to mention dates for the update sometime in the future.
Here is the original sourcE. Engadget had the info posted earlier this afternoon and was on the nose.
w/community/buzzaboutwireless/ phones-and-devices/samsung/samsung_galaxy _note_ii/blog/2012/11/07/samsu ng-galaxy-note-ii-software-updates
12. _APPLE_ROYALLY_ (banned) (Posts: 4; Member since: 07 Nov 2012)
Has anyone rooted this, and using CM10 or AOKP Rom with Speedmod Kernel, overclocking it to 2.0 Ghz and overclocking the MaliMP4 all 4 GPU to 527Mhz. Gameing will be intense, with absolute no Lag™
18. GALAXY-STORM (Posts: 328; Member since: 13 Oct 2012)
It still does'nt lag without overclocking, neither on my sgs3.
14. Twisted247 (Posts: 243; Member since: 12 Oct 2012)
Thought about root but if I lose s-pen function that isn't worth it alone. And if you lose anything on top of that its a definite no brainer hell no. Haven't run a game yet that it can't handle stock including GTA3 non emulator .. going to d/l deadspace and see how it does. I expect it to be fine
16. lyndon420 (Posts: 1769; Member since: 11 Jul 2012)
Get off your ass Sammy and patent the hell out of this before your 'business partner' claims that you took it from them.
20. skymitch89 (Posts: 1080; Member since: 05 Nov 2010)
You have a typo...instead of "...send emails to the in-box when..." it should be "...send emails to the out-box when...".
21. spiceman (Posts: 10; Member since: 24 Oct 2010)
I'm very leary about any ota update but if it keeps reminding me I will have to . When sprint (or Sammy) updated my epic touch from gingerbread to ics, the battery life went to s**t and several other bugs developed. I read that about other owners too including my wife's. Sprint wouldn't do anything about it so I went back to tmobile and bought the note 2. Does anyone know anything about that situation , or have any advice on over the air updates?
23. sudbury78 (Posts: 129; Member since: 12 Jul 2012)
THIS makes me annoyed I am rocking my iphone 5. As phone arenas biggest apple fan boy I keep getting more antsy to sell my 5 and get thus note 2. Ugh.
24. voxmarc (Posts: 313; Member since: 22 Aug 2012)
got this already..about 3 weeks ago when i bought mine here in hongkong.
25. Bardi (Posts: 12; Member since: 30 Oct 2012)
A very useful feature indeed, because life is complicated enough..
26. archangel9 (Posts: 231; Member since: 07 Feb 2010)
If the GS III isn't an already awesome phone then I can't wait for the multiwindow for mines!!GO SAMSUNG!!...BTW,guys when is JB coming for the GS III?
27. Jeradiah3 (Posts: 1007; Member since: 11 Feb 2010)
I love that feature and is innovative for the mobile phone industry!! Cant wait to get the Note II for AT&T
28. Jeradiah3 (Posts: 1007; Member since: 11 Feb 2010)
Id give it a couple of months because they know that SGS3 users want JB...........and fast lol
29. CRICKETownz (Posts: 980; Member since: 24 Oct 2009)
I'm still boggled by the lack of NFC on the Note 2 (could just be CDMA versions only).