Rumor says Sony will unveil two SD820-equipped flagships next year, none of them at CES 2016
1. drazwy (Posts: 190; Member since: 15 Jan 2014)
Limited availability on par with other phones released 6 months prior, wondering why sales figures aren't up to expectations...
3. lalalaman (Posts: 631; Member since: 19 Aug 2013)
Z ultra updated is needed.....maybe they will release new phones in MWC 2016
10. Switch00 (Posts: 419; Member since: 04 Sep 2013)
Couldn't agree more. There is a huge market niche slightly above 6'', which is by my opinion, ultimate size for a pocket-fit portable device until foldable screens arrive.
4. mayur007 (Posts: 563; Member since: 10 Apr 2012)
the reason they dont go according to consumer they go according to them.
they dont care what market/consumer wants.. they care what they want to give...
6. XperiaFanZone (Posts: 2065; Member since: 21 Sep 2012)
The X1 and the X2 had metal finishes...Sony wasn't a new smartphone company in 2012 so no it' won't be the "first"metal smartphone from them
20. MacWiNux (Posts: 117; Member since: 07 Jan 2014)
Sony not sony ericsson... but the xperia P had metal back
8. Firedrops (Posts: 249; Member since: 06 Sep 2011)
Only releasing a 820 flagship in May. *facepalm*
9. Xperia14 (Posts: 374; Member since: 01 Sep 2015)
So-so Xperia Z5 Premium? Stupid fanboys at iPhonearena. How is a phone with good battery life, one of the best cameras, IP68, a brilliant 4K screen, micro SD, FM, and Sony's great UI so-so?!
13. TypicalGeek (Posts: 134; Member since: 19 Feb 2015)
No, he's right. PA just hate Sony, or rather get paid to troll any maker other than Sammy and Apple.
22. SuperMaoriBro (Posts: 523; Member since: 23 Jun 2012)
I'm a big Sony fan, but I don't see any Sony "hate" from PA. The only trolling and hate I see is actually coming from you. It's funny how some people do the very thing they claim to hate in others.
14. NFSHesham (Posts: 262; Member since: 04 Feb 2014)
So-so because a 4k screen has no benefits on a 5.5 inch device .. Minimum is 7.8 inch
19. leftheodo (Posts: 86; Member since: 21 Oct 2011)
So it is mediocre because it has an overkill display? Nice logic Albert! Sony has some great phones and phone arena is the most biased tech site there is.
12. vuyonc (Posts: 990; Member since: 24 Feb 2014)
"Two flagships" better mean a Z6 Ultra in H1 and a lone Z7 in H2!
15. ryq24 (Posts: 695; Member since: 17 Oct 2011)
sony need to do something about their pricing. They are not apple or Samsung. They cannot compete with those two so they should price their flagship phone lower than those two giants.
18. idrisalsudani (Posts: 11; Member since: 14 Dec 2015)
I think they are more giant and hard to compete
I see now days xperia steal any good features phones have wile some phones dropping their features as we see some drop the sd card and let down their waterproofing and boom sound not seen in one flagship of HTC which is known excellent feature it have
I think the future is for xperia
16. idrisalsudani (Posts: 11; Member since: 14 Dec 2015)
If that rumors true it is great news to see z6 all metal device
17. Omarc07 (Posts: 396; Member since: 12 Nov 2012)
eh i stopped caring for sony phones i was disapointed they didnt release the z5 premium in the US just like there other phones.. SURE i could of bought an unlocked one but thats just a waste of money . Because since i have att im pretty sure i would not get HD voice or advanced messaging or lte on there upcoming 30 band since it dont support it.
23. xperiaZlover (Posts: 194; Member since: 15 Nov 2015)
Samsung probably will launch the S7 in january .
So Sony definetly have to announce the device in march or february.otherwise they are lagging behind.
If sony announce the device in march .we would only be able to buy the device in june or july.
Sony is very late in releasing phones.
So z6 in march is a must if they want good sales.
And Their should be a Z6 ultra in march as well. No ultra version for the last 2 years.
24. Chuck007 (Posts: 1052; Member since: 02 Mar 2014)
Good... I really hope they take their time with a proper flagship this time around. Getting sick of hoping they'd make a "Sony style" (those who are in their 30s and up will get what I mean) smartphone only to not deliver. Come on Sony... I know you can do better. :/
26. kewldoode (Posts: 4; Member since: 05 Jul 2015)
Z5/6 Ultra in January, with top spec. Nothing else matters.....
(snapdragon 820, biggest camera, full loaded memo + sd-card support++)
Cant wait for a real phone without sd810.