Report: Apple to ship 70 million units of the Apple iPhone 6 this year
Another banking firm, Barclay's, is predicting that shipments of the iPhone 6 this year will be 35% to 40% higher than new iPhone shipments made in 2013. The financial services firm was not clear on whether the comparison was being made to the Apple iPhone 5s, Apple iPhone 5c, or both. No matter how you slice it though, Apple is expecting some pretty heavy demand for its new iPhone model right off the bat.
Apple was expected to ship two different versions of the iPhone this year, but the latest speculation has the 5.5 inch iPhone phablet model (possibly titled the Apple iPhone Air) delayed until next year at the earliest, because of difficulties Apple has had finding a battery supplier for the unit.
Thanks for the tip!
source: ChinaPost, TaipeiTimes via GforGames
4. Finalflash (Posts: 1572; Member since: 23 Jul 2013)
LOL try not to overshoot the predictions of the annual disappointed anaslyt club
6. zhiae (Posts: 174; Member since: 26 Aug 2012)
I wont buy it so they have to ship 6.999.999 unit
7. SuperAndroidEvo (Posts: 3847; Member since: 15 Apr 2011)
Really?!? I just HOPE it actually looks different... 5 years of the same & I will actually pull my own hair out .
This is coming from an Android guy by the way...
11. appleDOESNT.com (Posts: 423; Member since: 19 Nov 2011)
same 70million that bought the iPhone 5, big deal, apple has about 100 million devout iFollowers that buy a new iPhone yearly or every other. Oh and those same 100 million own 3 iPads, 5 iPods, 4 other iPhones making the 700 million iOS devices in total? is really uh, just the same iFans and their riduclous purchases over and over and over again for the S ame S hit, different year
17. Sauce (unregistered)
He's just mad his phone of choice doesn't have such a loving follower base. Oh well. One can only dream, or in his case, hate. Lol.
19. darkkjedii (Posts: 10414; Member since: 05 Feb 2011)
I bet you wish you had the money that that S ame S hit brings in yearly.
23. Finalflash (Posts: 1572; Member since: 23 Jul 2013)
Don't forget the 1 android device they all have that makes them impartial non-biased drones, instead of real all Apple iCultists.
2. Ninetysix (Posts: 1468; Member since: 08 Oct 2012)
Pretty big expectation for 2014. Let's say it gets released in Sept or so. That's only 4 months for that 70M number.
22. Leonis (Posts: 334; Member since: 08 Jan 2014)
Its not sold units. Its only shipped units to carriers and so.. They will probably sell more than 30M within 4 months but not 70M. 5s was kind of a big disappointment. I am very confident many who jumped to android or kept their 4s or 5 will jump to this bigger screen without thinking.
3. walnuttt (Posts: 43; Member since: 11 Apr 2014)
Apple is so confident, I hope all those 70 millions will be sold completely.
10. networkdood (Posts: 6261; Member since: 31 Mar 2010)
Why is that? Do you own stock in the company? Do you get paid to post on tech sites?
8. NokiaFTW (limited) (Posts: 1900; Member since: 24 Oct 2012)
You cared enough to comment here that you don't care!
18. darkkjedii (Posts: 10414; Member since: 05 Feb 2011)
Yes you do. The generic LOL and smiley face, coupled with you scrolling, selecting the article, reading the article, clicking post, and leaving a post on the article say you care. It also says you want green thumb attention. Get lost dude.
9. BCMWorld (Posts: 22; Member since: 24 Mar 2014)
Didn't u say its been pushed to 2015? How come barely 24 hours you guys now say this year? Confused?
13. Astoni (Posts: 438; Member since: 28 Sep 2013)
tbh with LG g3 (maybe) having snapdragon 805 and samsungs Note and also the "premium thing" + z3 (what could be improved?) i don't really think apple will gain that much anymore :p.
14. 1ceTr0n (Posts: 505; Member since: 20 May 2012)
Getting cocky before the hen even lays the eggs eh Apple? How typical
15. darkkjedii (Posts: 10414; Member since: 05 Feb 2011)
That won't be nearly enough. This phone is gonna blow the hinges off, they'll be way too much demand. This is the one phone apple needs to overstock on.
21. shuaibhere (Posts: 1297; Member since: 07 Jul 2012)
70 millions is impressive number for four months...
25. phatdaddio21 (Posts: 15; Member since: 17 Aug 2013)
I'll be in line when it arrives too it will go nicely with my HTC-1M8 say what you want Apple makes a great phone ,,so yes I've got a I phone 5S and a new HTC-1 love both ,,and like HTC IMPROVED THE 1 I'm sure APPLE will have many great improvements on the 6 series