Reader's choice: LG G3 outscores Samsung Galaxy S5
LG G3 outscores Samsung Galaxy S5
3. User experience
1. nohatenofanboy (Posts: 350; Member since: 15 Jul 2014)
normal results.. g3 is new device compared to s5 so its attractive to ppl.
8. nohatenofanboy (Posts: 350; Member since: 15 Jul 2014)
you know in that market even 1 month is long time
13. itsdeepak4u2000 (Posts: 2581; Member since: 03 Nov 2012)
I can say Sammy haters. S5 should be up at least in camera and display.
65. The-Sailor-Man (Posts: 811; Member since: 25 Mar 2014)
S5 IS STILL MUCH BETTER THAN G3
Simply the iboys manipulated the poll with their votes. And PA know, and expected that.
Don't be naïve. The iboys are all over here to fight with Samsung. LOL
66. ecmedic4 (Posts: 198; Member since: 02 May 2013)
Yes it's all a big conspiracy against Samsung! I really hope you don't actually believe what you type sometimes as it sounds totally ridiculous.
71. naittosan (Posts: 178; Member since: 28 Jun 2014)
Anything to use as an excuse to save Samsung
69. nohatenofanboy (Posts: 350; Member since: 15 Jul 2014)
I thought PA full of samsung fans like you
10. sar44 (Posts: 196; Member since: 14 Apr 2014)
Stupid noobs and haters,
53581586be6304c80408c3daa3eb29 /r/884x-/i/45/b7/3b41437f386e991756e5c eaff736.jpg
ideal black color, ideal contrast, ideal viewing angle, ideal response speed is worse than QHD
G3 - no waterproof
S5 - waterproof
G3 - cpu 2.3ghz gpu 450mhz
S5 - cpu 2.5ghz gpu 570mhz
Not need verbiage, just give me your proofs
12. sar44 (Posts: 196; Member since: 14 Apr 2014)
"Not need verbiage, just give me your proofs"
Child, you know how to read? Go to assert itself in another place
21. Arte-8800 (limited) (Posts: 4281; Member since: 13 Mar 2014)
What a big huge fat pussicat...?
56. Arte-8800 (limited) (Posts: 4281; Member since: 13 Mar 2014)
No I don't, but I can't stop laughing.
70. nohatenofanboy (Posts: 350; Member since: 15 Jul 2014)
good to now that it makes you smile
15. jellmoo (Posts: 664; Member since: 31 Oct 2011)
"G3 - cpu 2.3ghz gpu 450mhz
S5 - cpu 2.5ghz gpu 570mhz"
Wait... What? Where did you get that info? Everything I've read shows a 2.5GHz on the LG G3, with a 330 clocked at 587MHz.
22. Arte-8800 (limited) (Posts: 4281; Member since: 13 Mar 2014)
Could be the Asian version
International version sucks. 2gb Ram and downgraded Cpu.
24. sar44 (Posts: 196; Member since: 14 Apr 2014)
Sorry, false info. I remember exactly where that it is had read.
17. ecologer (Posts: 12; Member since: 25 Jul 2014)
Samsung Galaxy S5, just like S4, S3, Note 3 and Note 2 uses PWM driven backlight, which means constant strobe effect for all screen brightness values between 0% and 99%. That is a huge annoyance and quickly results in an eyestrain.
You can see how this looks on S4, but on S5 it is the same:
Or look it up: Samsung Galaxy S4 flickering (PWM backlight)
Info on PWM and its effect is included in the description below the video.
LG G2 and G3 uses DC regulated backlight dimming, so it is much more friendly to your eyes.
25. sar44 (Posts: 196; Member since: 14 Apr 2014)
I admit it too. I did wrote about it earlier
32. teerex42 (Posts: 159; Member since: 14 Jun 2012)
Get off the crack man...eye strain my ass. The super amoled display is superior to washed out LCD. Everyone that I know who has a samoled display on their phones love them over any screen out there, and that includes the icrap's retina display.
Any sort of this effect you call it is not noticeable to the human eye. All we see is beautiful colors and deep blacks :)
55. ecologer (Posts: 12; Member since: 25 Jul 2014)
It's not the AMOLED, it is the implementation of brightness regulation that is causing concern. Samsung did it right on Galaxy S II, but have lost their clue ever since:
Usually it is the people with sensitive eyes who notice the difference first. There is a scientific paper summarizing the effects of PWM backlight effects:
I'll quote it here:
"The obvious biological effects occur:
1) immediately from 2) flicker that is visible. The risks include seizures, and less specific neurological symptoms including malaise and headache. Seizures can be triggered by flicker in individuals with no previous history or diagnosis of epilepsy."
"The less obvious biological effects occur:
1) from flicker that is invisible 2) after exposure of several minutes.
Invisible flicker health effects have been reported to include headaches and eye-strain."
You can find references to neurological studies in the References section.
43. thunder18 (Posts: 113; Member since: 06 Aug 2009)
People are going to like what they like man. Even if something else has better specs. There's no getting around that. One need only take a look at VHS vs. Betamax.
One thing that I think may be helping, at least for Sprint customers is pricing. Samsung as the Android market leader has been publishing really high MSRPs lately. The S5's MSRP is $100 higher than the G3. Best Buy has been selling the G3 for $100 on contract vs. $199 for the S5. Even contract free you're going to have to pony up for that extra $100 in retail pricing out of pocket.
"G3 - no waterproof - Correct
S5 - waterproof - Correct
G3 - cpu 2.3ghz gpu 450mhz - Wrong!!! 2.5gHz with 578mHz GPU:http://www.phonearena.com/phon
S5 - cpu 2.5ghz gpu 570mhz - Correct, same as the G3 as they both use the MSM8974AC:http://www.anandtech.com/show/
Not need verbiage, just give me your proofs"
49. Jishnusur (Posts: 71; Member since: 07 Oct 2013)
Avoid this moron. He is a blind S5 fan. Yea man Your S5 is the best. Happy? Now gtfo
60. Busyboy (Posts: 288; Member since: 19 Jun 2014)
@sar44, the G3 is actually clocked at 2.5ghz and not 2.3ghz. Double check your facts before wasting your life finding links that no one will check.
50. Tommy1960i (Posts: 98; Member since: 11 Oct 2013)
The Lg G3 has an awesome screen plus it has a pefect camera, exactly like the S5, but there is something in it that is different anyway...
61. The-Sailor-Man (Posts: 811; Member since: 25 Mar 2014)
You must ask PA
HOW THEY COULD PROVE, THAT THE IBOYS ARE NOT VOTING on this poll.
I'm sure that PA know very well that the iboys vote on every poll against Samsung, but close their eyes , BECAUSE THAT'S THEIR POINT with those polls.
Samsung bashing must go on. Right.
Now they hide behind the dirty trick:
"Once again, our readers were given the opportunity to vote for the phone they think is superior "
62. The-Sailor-Man (Posts: 811; Member since: 25 Mar 2014)
No. It's NOT.
Simply the iboys manipulated the poll with their votes.
4. hateftotti (Posts: 137; Member since: 03 May 2011)
G3 is a great phone but in these kind of polls all of the haters will vote against samsung devices.
Remember that poll about S5 and HTC One M8 when S5 outscored by M8 in camera part which was funny!
57. Arte-8800 (limited) (Posts: 4281; Member since: 13 Mar 2014)
Cause Samsung is better than LG?
5. YodhaMali (Posts: 41; Member since: 05 Jan 2013)
Design - G3
Display - S5
UI - S5
Camera - S5
Battery - S5
S5 - 4; G3 - 1.
31. teerex42 (Posts: 159; Member since: 14 Jun 2012)
And the charging...my GS5 literally charges 10% in 10 minutes..it's noticeably faster than the G3
36. Japultra (Posts: 23; Member since: 16 May 2014)
PhoneArena says G3 charge is much faster than S5. I get about 10% in 10 minutes as well on the G3 (and the G3 has a larger battery so it has more battery to charge)
39. Urosz (Posts: 3; Member since: 01 Apr 2014)
g3 have better camera
zedomax did good comparison
6. ihavenoname (Posts: 1374; Member since: 18 Aug 2013)
Otherwise I agree with other voters but GS5 has much better display. Resolution and size are not everything.
30. teerex42 (Posts: 159; Member since: 14 Jun 2012)
That it does, the LG's screen is washed out compared to the beautiful display of the GS5!
45. thunder18 (Posts: 113; Member since: 06 Aug 2009)
You can easily adjust the contrast of the G3's screen. It's in the accessibility menu. Just check XDA-developers. With that being said, no LCD is going to match the contrast levels of an AMOLED display. That's just a fact as an LCD can't completely turn off it's light source to display true black.
33. Japultra (Posts: 23; Member since: 16 May 2014)
Some people prefer natural, accurate colours over saturated colours.
37. Japultra (Posts: 23; Member since: 16 May 2014)
Overrated doesn't mean it's bad. Only that it's celebrated moreso than it should be.
76. pavsidhu (Posts: 76; Member since: 20 May 2014)
Yeah, S5 is a very good phone, but the LG G3 is better. Shame LG doesn't have powerful marketing like Samsung
44. PapaSmurf (Posts: 8117; Member since: 14 May 2012)
You bet I do. It's okay. Haters gonna hate.
29. teerex42 (Posts: 159; Member since: 14 Jun 2012)
Look at my review down below having both phones. The GS5 is the better phone of the 2, connectivity, the screen, the charging, the camera, water/dust resistant. GS5 wins in most categories.
75. pavsidhu (Posts: 76; Member since: 20 May 2014)
I'd rather have a phone which is complete then a phone which is half baked sorry
19. CheckThisOut2k (Posts: 43; Member since: 25 Apr 2014)
I really like my G3, but I'll buy a better battery replacement soon!
28. teerex42 (Posts: 159; Member since: 14 Jun 2012)
The GS5's battery last longer than the LG's in my experience.
23. twens (Posts: 608; Member since: 25 Feb 2012)
It's funny how Samsung has won themselves so much hatred by being at the top. It's so funny
34. Japultra (Posts: 23; Member since: 16 May 2014)
I used to love Samsung but they need a design supercharge. They're recycling the S3 design over and over, and not even in a good way. They need to reduce the amount of bloat they offer as well.
26. speed4evr (Posts: 79; Member since: 05 Oct 2011)
Having owned the S2/S3/Note2/S4, G2/Nexus5 and currently the G3. Ive preferred the previous samsung models for many reasons (display, easy to root, camera), G2 for the Battery life/KnockFeatures/Price. Deciding between the S5 and G3 was one of the harder device decisions I've made. I liked that Touchwhiz is less intruding on the S5. I really like the flatter look and lack of home button on the G3. I prefer a more minimalistic feel for the UI(Nexus 5) and the G3 wins that. The G3 display is very clear and looks beautiful. Just my 2 cents.