Nvidia unveils Kai tablet platform: Tegra 3 Android tablets for $199
1. Phullofphil posted on 23 May 2012, 04:28 4
Cool that would be nice to get somthing higher end like for cheap.
5. Zayuh24 posted on 23 May 2012, 05:50 0
It will be low to mid end with a high end processor. It's hard to make a quality device with cameras and a beastly screen without charging an arm and a leg for it. All I want from this is a 1.3 MP front facing camera for video chatting and a microSD slot.
7. remixfa posted on 23 May 2012, 06:51 1
cameras only cost a few bux. they just charge for it.
Im quite happy with a camera free tablet though. Does anyone ACTUALLY use theirs? I think I've used mine like twice.
8. Zayuh24 posted on 23 May 2012, 07:01 3
I actually do a lot of video calling with my webcam and front-facing cams, so I want a tablet that has a camera but don't want to overpay for it. Preferably, I would like a Tegra 3 tablet to play Shadowgun and Sonic 4 on, but I'm not digging the TF300's size (I like the compact, book-like 7-inchers).
15. cepcamba posted on 23 May 2012, 18:17 2
Back Cam on a tablet is close to useless. Front one is good for video calls though, and VGA should be sufficient.
16. Zayuh24 posted on 23 May 2012, 19:30 2
My thoughts exactly. I think you look silly taking pictures on a tablet, but video chatting is essential for me.
6. pikapowerize (banned) posted on 23 May 2012, 06:30 0
WOW its really good! hope it will run dual OS! Win8 and AndroidICS!! and i would be happy forever! :)
9. shadowcell posted on 23 May 2012, 07:47 1
Great reasons to save my pennies. Get rid of the rear facing camera we're in business.
12. shadowcell posted on 23 May 2012, 12:39 1
Really? Taking pictures on a tablet? I can understand front facing for video chat but why on Earth would you be willing to take pictures using a tablet?
The cost to build will definitely be lower and will definitely justify the $199 price. Besides, most of them are underperforming to begin with.
13. Chronos posted on 23 May 2012, 13:34 0
Why on earth wouldn't you want to remove an unnecessary feature that add very little?
14. Fallout09 posted on 23 May 2012, 13:59 0
Thank you…. Someone who understands that Tablets Should Not Have A Rear Facing Camera. I compare it to having a camera on your vacuum cleaner… what is the point?
17. cepcamba posted on 23 May 2012, 19:45 0
Camera on a vacuum cleaner would be nice. They would add $50 to the price. :p
10. robocopvn posted on 23 May 2012, 09:11 0
I think it will have only 512mb ram, and modified Terga-3 version with slower CPU and GPU