Nokia Smart Camera app is released, doesn't yet work on most Lumias
2. EXkurogane (Posts: 863; Member since: 07 Mar 2013)
That's because if a Lumia 925 user, for example, hard resets his phone and the app is gone, he can redownload it. Thats why it has to be in the store.
Other higher end Lumias will be able to use it (heard it needs a gig of RAM) after getting the PR2.0 Amber update. Amber update (by Nokia) is different from GDR2 (by Microsoft) but most likely both are bundled together.
7. EXkurogane (Posts: 863; Member since: 07 Mar 2013)
Most likely within July. They might announce the update together with the Lumia EOS at the event.
12. UrbanPhantom (Posts: 949; Member since: 30 Oct 2012)
mottykels, you very likely don't even own a Nokia Lumia, so why do you care?
23. mottykels (Posts: 373; Member since: 15 May 2013)
I care because im planing to buy windows phone 8 especially LUMIA 920's line up. XD
16. Penny (Posts: 1385; Member since: 04 Feb 2011)
Not next year. We should receive the GDR2 update by August, because the GDR3 update (8.1) is due out by the end of this year.
3. kdealltheway (Posts: 94; Member since: 21 Oct 2012)
I would like to see Ubuntu phone OS on Nokia...
4. PhansMuneeb (Posts: 359; Member since: 28 Jan 2012)
Cool can I get these features on Android. Not hating is there an Application that provides these features?
if so plz tell me I will download it.
6. -box- (Posts: 3959; Member since: 04 Jan 2012)
Look through the play store. I doubt it though, at least for a while, as it would take some powerful programming and specific camera knowledge and abilities to replicate the functionality of this. Plus it might be patented.
8. dexter_jdr (Posts: 1163; Member since: 28 Jun 2012)
i think the samsung s4 has that action shot too.
24. haseebzahid (Posts: 1853; Member since: 22 Feb 2012)
all phone have action shot and drama shot i think O_o no
15. General-Levy- (banned) (Posts: 66; Member since: 18 Jun 2013)
L920 L928= brick oversised, over weighted, huge, big, massive, heavy, has no apps and games, dose not support or have 1080p, quadcore, still using outdated cpu and gpu, last years spec. No dev supports. No jailbreak, no Root,
POS brand and platform
The list continues........
17. Penny (Posts: 1385; Member since: 04 Feb 2011)
Hmm...you use the same type of wording and grammar that certain other "Trolls" here use. Suspicious.
Also, if you think the 928 is a heavy brick, there's nothing rational anybody can say to argue against you. You've already decided on lying without using the device.
18. Muzhhur (Posts: 256; Member since: 14 Sep 2012)
Endeed, the Lumia 920 is a brick and is not for ladies, so step aside
25. mousesports (Posts: 270; Member since: 28 Feb 2013)
We dont give a s**t on you :) ... Live in pace noob
22. General-Levy- (banned) (Posts: 66; Member since: 18 Jun 2013)
You look suspect to me...
29. ashue (Posts: 28; Member since: 26 Feb 2013)
that was sarcasm.... i use a lumia 920 and was waiting for this, now i have to wait for it longer.... didnt mean any offense to anyone or anything...
26. KINGJUAN27 (Posts: 196; Member since: 02 Jul 2012)
I'm still hoping Instagram will be rolled out to WP already, after that I'd definitely switch to a Lumia!
28. a_rob (Posts: 2; Member since: 20 Jun 2012)
Time to stop the misinformation
Nokia Smart Camera will be available to ALL Lumia WP8 devices.
1GB RAM devices will get full version of Nokia Smart Camera
512MB RAM devices will get a tailored version of the app to ensure efficiency.
Go to nokia's conversations website and search for "smarter and brighter imaging on the nokia lumia 925"
Quote from article:
"Nokia Lumia 920 and Lumia 820 will capture 10 frames at 5 megapixels per photo like the Lumia 925, but on the Lumia 520, Lumia 620 and Lumia 720, the number of frames (7) and image resolution (1MP) will be lowered to ensure the overall experience remains great. More specific information about timings will be shared following partner testing and approvals."
Note this is a Nokia app and not part of the GDR2 update. GDR2 comes to ALL WP8 devices, regardless of RAM.
30. DibelDibil (Posts: 27; Member since: 19 Jun 2013)
"The options to remove moving objects and to change people's faces are also present." = no more photo bombing...