Nokia Lumia 610 arriving at MWC: ultra cheap Windows Phone?
1. remixfa (Posts: 13906; Member since: 19 Dec 2008)
now see, that makes a lot more sense than the "730" being the "low end" phone. nostra-remix was right again :)
2. JSern (Posts: 282; Member since: 22 May 2011)
It's a right move for Windows.
I mean seriously,
Face the facts, a low end Android phone can't do much, with all the lags.
3. remixfa (Posts: 13906; Member since: 19 Dec 2008)
its a completely different system. but yea, WP7 is much better suited to low end since its more in competition with fake multitasking iOS than true multitasking android. it takes tons less resources to run. I dont even want to see what android would look like on 256mb of ram. lol.
4. haikallp (Posts: 94; Member since: 10 Feb 2012)
do not comment on an OS unless you have actually owned and used the device. Windows Phone is an intuitive OS. Don't believe me, read engadget or any tech sites that talk about Windows Phone. Android has the power of customization and all but it tends to lag. The truth hurts :)
6. remixfa (Posts: 13906; Member since: 19 Dec 2008)
dont make assumptions. unlike some on these boards I have owned most every OS including WP7. If you took my comments as disparaging, then you need to learn more about how each OS works. What I said was not a hit at WP7, but an actual factual statement. I even ended it with a joke about what android would be like on such low specs.
Android runs differently and is set to be more PC like with its true multitasking. it also does not give preference to scrolling the way iOS and WP7 do, which is why they tend to be smoother.
The truth does hurt, doesnt it? geesh.
7. karanstyle (Posts: 188; Member since: 26 Jun 2011)
I own an Android phone and its runs like hell even on 512MB RAM whereas Nokia Lumia 710 is amazingly smooth and I dont remember when it was the last time when I saw Lumia 710 hanging whereas OS getting hang is such a common thing on my ANDROID phone.
11. remixfa (Posts: 13906; Member since: 19 Dec 2008)
then you shouldn't buy a cheap phone. you get what u pay for. buy cheap expect cheap. my sgs1 has that much ram and runs more smoothly than many dual cores
even an iPhone 3gs doesn't run as well as a 4 or 4s. is it really a surprise?
13. shadez10 (Posts: 403; Member since: 15 Jan 2012)
true multitasking are on PCs... not on mobile...
16. karanstyle (Posts: 188; Member since: 26 Jun 2011)
Samsung was always pathetic and its just Samsung being in Google's lime light as soon as Google pulled its hands off from Samsung after it gets full hold on Motorola. Then ppl will just get back to famous brands like HTC, NOKIA, SONY....
17. karanstyle (Posts: 188; Member since: 26 Jun 2011)
Anyways I Bought Xperia Neo and its an expensive one and way better than Your samsung in looks, battery and camera as well so just let it be. Main thing is spending less and still getting the best is what Nokia is all about Durability, battery, reliabilty, camera, looks,etc. So, I dont believe in "yPhone 4 $" and even then a big 0.
19. shadez10 (Posts: 403; Member since: 15 Jan 2012)
your right about nokia... thats why i always think twice on buying mobile that is not nokia...
now i own a nokia instead of going for android because nokia has the best tech support in case of problems might occur...
10. simplyj (Posts: 404; Member since: 23 Dec 2009)
lmao! "true multitasking android;" no mobile os has true multitasking!
14. PhansMuneeb (Posts: 347; Member since: 28 Jan 2012)
So you are born yesterday I think....
Don't you know Symbian has "TRUE MULTITASKING" and its way better then android.
I have bought a NOKIA LUMIA 710 month ago and do you know my all friends are jealous when I remove my smartphone from my pocket.
Just yesterday I got my friend who was using SONY XPERIA HD (ANDROID). When he was using my NOKIA LUMIA he said wow its awesome then my mobile. He Asked me the price (just 15,600 rs.) he again said that you are richer then me...
Do you know the truth he is more rich guy then me.
Now before commenting check your battery if it's empty and charge it
18. simplyj (Posts: 404; Member since: 23 Dec 2009)
You're right! I forgot about Symbian! from what I understand, Symbian is the powerhouse of mobile OSes.
20. PhansMuneeb (Posts: 347; Member since: 28 Jan 2012)
Now that's the point.
21. theindianguy (Posts: 90; Member since: 30 Sep 2011)
well first thing SONY XPERIA HD does not exist. its either sony arc or htc desire HD. Make up your mind. And yup i agree windows phone is smooth and stuff but in the long run, i am pretty sure that the guy with android will be happier :)
not hating just saying.
22. PhansMuneeb (Posts: 347; Member since: 28 Jan 2012)
Well I saw the name at back panel, so I thought it's Xperia HD. Maybe anotheri don't know much about Sony.
25. karanstyle (Posts: 188; Member since: 26 Jun 2011)
Totally Agreed the Battery in Androids runs off so fast that you need to check check it every now and then !! :-P good one!! @PhansMuneeb...
5. taz89 (Posts: 2014; Member since: 03 May 2011)
if a windows phone comes at £100 or below I will buy just to play around with....
23. PhansMuneeb (Posts: 347; Member since: 28 Jan 2012)
You will fall in love with METRO i have strong feeling
24. taz89 (Posts: 2014; Member since: 03 May 2011)
i have used demo versions in store,enjoy the slickness and speed but not fond of the app draw and homescreen,its seems like there are a lot of waste of space and also seems even more restrictive than ios,no wallpapers,folders,non resizable tile etc,if the apollo rumours are true then things are looking better but personally dont think i can use wp7 as my personal device,i just need the customization of android and the only reason i want wp7 to succeed is because i am a fan of nokia.
26. karanstyle (Posts: 188; Member since: 26 Jun 2011)
Same here Nokia Fan be it Symbain or WP :-P LOL!!
I like Sony and HTC too...
8. Bluesky02 (Posts: 1439; Member since: 05 Dec 2011)
Good news, small fragmentation but not a big problem. I'm sure Tango device will run smooth.
15. haikallp (Posts: 94; Member since: 10 Feb 2012)
Windows phone does not need to run on expensive hardware to operate smoothly, unlike android..