Nexus 4 back in the Play Store, but shipping in "1 to 2 weeks"
1. bryancotton84 posted on 29 Jan 2013, 11:32 1 0
Ordered! That was easy as pie...3 month old pie!
26. rf1975 posted on 29 Jan 2013, 13:21 0 2
Google just created big hype saying they can not meet the demand for Nexus devices ( Nexus 4, 7 & 10). But now we know who is the Android Tablet king. Let them disclosed the sales number if they dare. I do not think they sold any think more than 500K.
32. blingblingthing posted on 29 Jan 2013, 18:12 0 0
I see it is now " illegal" to unlock your phone. Let's see if that helps Google.
34. Riven posted on 29 Jan 2013, 21:56 0 0
Actually Rf, the XDA brain guys who cracked the serial codes figured out that they sold about 400,000...for the 2 hours people could buy it. Imagine if they had it on sale for the Christmas season instead of being down for nearly a month and a half.
27. thephoneguy92 posted on 29 Jan 2013, 13:23 0 0
I just bought mine as well. Why on earth are they charging $20 for 2 day shipping if the shipping date is 1-2 weeks
29. bryancotton84 posted on 29 Jan 2013, 13:55 0 0
Once they ship it'll be 2 day air. The $20 is for shipping not processing AND shipping.
31. thephoneguy92 posted on 29 Jan 2013, 17:39 0 0
See, I feel like if it takes 1-2 weeks to ship, it's not 2 day shipping. I actually just had this argument with my co-worker...I think it's ridiculous.
2. Mystline posted on 29 Jan 2013, 11:32 1 0
Managed to snag a 8 GB model. I'm sure I'll regret not getting the 16 GB. But they charged my credit card immediately after, does that mean it's shipping soon?
4. bryancotton84 posted on 29 Jan 2013, 11:34 0 0
damn youre right, i checked my email 2 minutes later and both the Nexus 4 and bumper are already "pending"
5. BadAssAbe posted on 29 Jan 2013, 11:38 0 0
Damn i just a new note for 250 on Craigslist, oh well
Sold out in 5, 4, 3.......
13. MichaelHeller posted on 29 Jan 2013, 12:09 3 0
It's been almost an hour and it still hasn't sold out. Google is doing quite a bit better this time around.
33. blingblingthing posted on 29 Jan 2013, 18:14 0 0
This should help LG lower their dependency on apple to make cash. They have figured things out.
6. Tsoliades posted on 29 Jan 2013, 11:41 1 0
IT'S ABOUT TIME
As much as I love Jelly Bean and as much as the Nexus 4 is a ground-breaker because of the price, the launch for the second gen Nexus 4 had better be quicker than this. I'll be getting the next one from Google Play this Christmas.
7. greathero1 posted on 29 Jan 2013, 11:53 1 0
Finally! Ordered and received a confirmation email of shipping in 1-2 weeks! Excellent! Anybody want to buy a HTC One S lol?
25. Mystline posted on 29 Jan 2013, 13:12 0 0
According to Engadget its available in Canada now too.
10. SoulK1D posted on 29 Jan 2013, 12:06 0 0
Got one at 9:24am PST but i wanna ask anyone bought it with a debit card cuz I'm barely starting with my credit card and cant use more than $300 on the credit card.
-So I paid with my debit anyone who bought b4 with a debit have any trouble???
- - Upgrading from a stupid LG Optimus Black with Android 2.3.4
14. yougotkilled1 posted on 29 Jan 2013, 12:09 0 0
I had no trouble using my debit card to purchase one. They did take my money out of my card right when I purchased it so that sounds like good news.
17. deago78 posted on 29 Jan 2013, 12:11 0 0
I bought mine with a debit. No issues to speak of. Is there something specific you're worried about, because a credit and a debit card should work identically?
20. SoulK1D posted on 29 Jan 2013, 12:15 0 0
Yea me too i checked my bank account they charged me already.
Oh ok thanks just checking cuz who knows what could happen..i'd be pretty pissed if i didnt get my phone
22. BadAssAbe posted on 29 Jan 2013, 12:49 0 0
Just a heads up total will be around 340 or 390 depending on the 8gb or 16gb
You must pay for shipping and taxes, still a great deal
12. deago78 posted on 29 Jan 2013, 12:09 0 0
Also, why is $20 "insanely overpriced". I can remember exactly but wasn't apple's crap bumper that much, or more?
15. yougotkilled1 posted on 29 Jan 2013, 12:10 0 0
It was 30$.... Now THAT'S overpriced lol...
16. MichaelHeller posted on 29 Jan 2013, 12:11 3 0
$20 for a thick rubber band is insanely overpriced, especially given how inexpensive the phone is.
If you're comparing the price to an Apple product, I think you already know that it's overpriced.
18. deago78 posted on 29 Jan 2013, 12:13 0 0
Haha Michael. You always make a good point. I didn't think of it from a phone cost to accessory cost ratio. Thanks for responding. You're easily my favorite writer from PA (Sorry, everyone else)
19. yougotkilled1 posted on 29 Jan 2013, 12:14 1 0
A thick rubber band in my opinion is better than the plastic one offered by apple, but you are right when talking about how a thick rubber band for 20$ is overpriced.
21. cretinick posted on 29 Jan 2013, 12:27 0 0
I have to laugh to keep from crying ...
It's so ridiculous a device released for months and still have this problem of stock, people are impressed by the stock lasts for over an hour!
It is tragic because I know it will only get to my country after that inventories normalize in civilized countries (AKA North America, Europe and Australia).
28. jaytai0106 posted on 29 Jan 2013, 13:51 0 0
I really think LG doesn't want to produce too much at once when it first came out bc the profit of the phone is so low. If you produce too much and have unsold unit, then LG is losing money. $350 for a phone that's really cheap. A lot of phones on contract run about $200 when they first come out.
30. cretinick posted on 29 Jan 2013, 16:10 0 0
LG said it was Google who ordered few units. They just did what Google had requested.
The LG sets the price it charges Google. From here is that Google puts the sale price for the Play. Everything indicates that Google is selling cheaper than is buying it from LG, or for the same price. The final price is this cheap because Google does not place the product profit (profits from the sale of music, applications, books, magazines and videos), and cut the middlemen (Retailers and operators, who put their profits).
That is what I think...
Google don't put many devices for sale at the release, because they want to analyze the profit in the Play Store with The Nexus 4 clients. That way, they analyze if sell their Phones without profit is a good strategy or if they are losing money.
36. tan4521 posted on 30 Jan 2013, 00:45 0 0
LG is pushing very hard to meet the hugh demand. They may have under estimate the order but now they are pushing like crazy to meet the demand. If you love the design, waiting time may be shorten shortly.
37. serpent_rider posted on 30 Jan 2013, 04:13 0 0
What are the shipping charges to Downers Grove Illinois - 60515?
38. karthik12 posted on 30 Jan 2013, 08:14 0 0
how much does d phone cost and i want to order it ...how can i order d phone?
39. tan4521 posted on 31 Jan 2013, 01:40 0 0
Not seller. Just have insider info on how hard LG is working on the phone as I see many negative comments here. I have Nexus 7 32GB model and very happy with it. I see Nexus 4 spec and price, has interest but already own Sony Xperia S and Ion. Not justify to get this anymore.