New build of ICS leaked for Motorola DROID RAZR following Motorola invite to soak test
First, Motorola has sent out its usual email to members of the Motorola Feedback Network seeking owners of both the Motorola DROID RAZR and the Motorola DROID RAZR MAXX to participate in a soak test. In a soak test, a small group of volunteers have a version of a software update installed on their phone. By doing this, Motorola can keep a close eye on the update to make sure that there are no serious problems. If some bugs do develop, they will be limited to the phones in the soak test instead of the huge number of phones sold to the public. Usually, these are just maintenance updates but with the ICS speculation, it would seem that the soak test will carry more interest this time around.
Another strong piece of evidence supporting an impending update for the models is the leaked Android 4.0.3 build for the Motorola DROID RAZR that first appeared on DroidRzr.com Forum and was then pulled when the normal methods of flashing the software did not work. The version number is 6.14.75 and thanks to a couple of successful flashes, we are told that the update includes new webtop software and the new UI for Android 4.0 (natch). We are not sure if this version will be the final one that is rumored to be rolled out next week, but at least there is some evidence that the update is imminent.
source: DroidRzr.comForum via DroidLife
1. rawbow (Posts: 428; Member since: 30 Mar 2012)
About time Google handiwork showed up in motorola
26. jogutier (Posts: 324; Member since: 12 Feb 2010)
I never understod Verizon about these updates. I know it's not Verizon building and putting the update together, but has the company selling them. You have to be like what about our old flag-ship Bionic. Where's ice cream for that phone. ????????????????
27. KingKurogiii (Posts: 5670; Member since: 23 Oct 2011)
Verizon is more of the reason why these phones AREN'T so quick to get updates. Verizon used to be the best about it but now it seems AT&T has taken that crown.
2. Droid_X_Doug (Posts: 5993; Member since: 22 Dec 2010)
One word - Woohoo!!!! ICS for the RAZR is almost here! Dayum.
4. iicpaii (Posts: 9; Member since: 21 Aug 2010)
BIONIC BIONIC BIONIC BIONIC BIONIC BIONIC BIONIC BIONIC BIONIC BIONIC BIONIC BIONIC BIONIC BIONIC BIONIC BIONIC BIONIC BIONIC BIONIC BIONIC BIONIC BIONIC BIONIC BIONIC BIONIC BIONIC BIONIC BIONIC BIONIC BIONIC
5. zaryab_hussain77 (Posts: 103; Member since: 30 Jun 2011)
moto droid razr is just a copy of sgs2
7. PAPINYC (banned) (Posts: 2315; Member since: 30 Jul 2011)
No it's not; my RAZR™ can bring home the bacon, fry it up' in a pan and cook me breakfast. It can also program the dish washer and dvr (at the same time). You can't even play Temple Run on many of your SGS II variants; guess you're stuck with playing Bubble Bursts (oooooooooooh, exciting).
8. gemmabba (Posts: 51; Member since: 09 May 2011)
aaaaaaaaaw look at that samsung fanboy is saying something to ridicule the Razr
22. jroc74 (Posts: 5258; Member since: 30 Dec 2010)
Kevlar skin on the back
Higher screen res ( yes it has Pentile but still...lol)
Moto 's UI is Blur which is nothing like Touchwiz..
Yea...this is almost as bad as saying the GS 2 is a copy of the iPhone...
9. roscuthiii (Posts: 1887; Member since: 18 Jul 2010)
Ugh... this should have been posted yesterday or tomorrow. I just don't know how to take it on April 1st.
11. Alan01 (Posts: 254; Member since: 21 Mar 2012)
You can be assured that this is NOT an April Fool's gag!
13. roscuthiii (Posts: 1887; Member since: 18 Jul 2010)
In that case... this is just like Christmas in July, except it's in April!
Thank you Santa Alan. (Alan Claus?)
10. KingKurogiii (Posts: 5670; Member since: 23 Oct 2011)
yeeup! this looks to be all but official. i'll be counting the days now. o:
12. rickbubello (Posts: 10; Member since: 05 Mar 2010)
the build is terrible, atleast on my razr maxx, it was selecting the wrong icons when i pressed the screen, and force closing alot. Tried to bring it all the way back to stock, wipe it and install it again and still same results, really buggy as hell, hopefully this is their final attempt at a release candidate
15. Droid_X_Doug (Posts: 5993; Member since: 22 Dec 2010)
That is what you have to be prepared for when you agree to participate in a pre-release test. If you want a production version, the pre-release test version is not for you.
I am happy that it appears the wait for ICS on the RAZR is almost over.
17. BattleBrat (Posts: 1235; Member since: 26 Oct 2011)
The soak test hasn't started yet, I would know....
21. BattleBrat (Posts: 1235; Member since: 26 Oct 2011)
Yes, I have.
Unfortunately, due to the confidentiality agreement, I cannot say when my phone updates (hopefully soon) or how well it works or anything, I take the agreement seriously, My RAZR works sooo well on 2.3.6, I'm honestly a little nervous...
14. CM_Punk (banned) (Posts: 173; Member since: 13 Mar 2012)
I think the Motorola Razr is one of the best Android phones around.
16. KingKurogiii (Posts: 5670; Member since: 23 Oct 2011)
lol nice April Fool's Day joke bro. xD
18. rickbubello (Posts: 10; Member since: 05 Mar 2010)
go over to xda forums, they show you how to force the update to your phone, its how i got it and to be honest its terrible, ive ran early release software on all my htcs dating back to incredible to rezound and back, this issue with the touch screen makes the phone unusable
19. BattleBrat (Posts: 1235; Member since: 26 Oct 2011)
When you are part of the soak test, you register your phone with them, and they push the update to your phone. A message pops up, you hit ok, and it updates (at least that's how it worked the last few times I've done this...)
29. SupermanayrB (Posts: 259; Member since: 20 Mar 2012)
Off this subject, do you know if that big @SS phone leaked next to the RAZR is indeed the Droid Fighter & will it be releasing on the 12th? I took back my Maxx within my 14 days based on that rumored information (which based on how it's been with the Bionic, RAZR & Maxx was pretty accurate).
24. gsengillo (Posts: 7; Member since: 05 Sep 2010)
Is there an actual launch date for ICE coming to the RAZR MAXX
25. StillStuckWithDroid (Posts: 65; Member since: 19 Jul 2011)
Yes there is......it is 3 days from now
28. rickbubello (Posts: 10; Member since: 05 Mar 2010)
thats awesome know it all, but this leak exists and some of us have installed it already. Look over on rootzwiki and xda forums, saying the same thing I am. Sorry if you feel excluded because you dont have it yet, the version I tried was terrible for my specific phone, maybe it works better on others. Either way, it exists and stop being a little bitch